• This topic has 73 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hock.
Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • The new fashion utility bikes.
  • hock

too niche

I take it as a compliment! 😳

and Swiss Army Bikes are legend!

The new ones above look quite cool. Would make great every day commuter bikes, I guess.
    The old ones are meant to be indestructible:

Can’t imagine how anyone could get through hilly Switzerland with them, though.

franksinatra

How about this

Currently up for sale for around £2250 according to the Daily Wail

hock

😯 😕

I saw recently one of those on the road:
    😐

maccruiskeen

Nick who makes the Paper Bikes (previous page) owns a rather nice Danish Paratrooper Bike like this one

yunki
    Free Member

just saw this on another thread..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZOGNb9auLg[/video]

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This one is bunny hoppable

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-X8vF-rnbE[/video]

bm0p700f
    Free Member

This reminds of an old post office bike that came in the shop for some work. Perfect ultility bike apart from the rod brakes – no cables though.

theflatboy
    Free Member

can’t vouch for the quality, but these are cheapish:

Hollander Bikes, £190 on made.com

rootes1

Francis:

From Big S:

wwaswas

this is my ‘almost a utility bike’ during practice run for gettign beer to the beach hut experiment.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Does my old Singular count?

DSC_0204 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Recently sold, and sadly missed.

Mister-P
    Free Member

None of these are as cool as the one I spotted outside the front entrance to Eurobike in 2010. It was something along the lines of the Cetma cargo bike posted above but it was being ridden by a very attractive lady and was carrying a stereo and a crate of beer. Everything you need for a little post-show party.

chewkw
    Free Member

hock – Member

and Swiss Army Bikes are legend!

The new ones above look quite cool. Would make great every day commuter bikes, I guess.
    The old ones are meant to be indestructible:

The new ones are not meant to last long while the old ones although very heavy are mean to last longer. The old ones are far better and only need to add a gear hub with disk brakes. I would definitely like the updated version of the same old Swiss Army bikes.

theflatboy – Member

can’t vouch for the quality, but these are cheapish:

That is very nice and at that price it might just be the one for daily use. Geometry wise I think the old Swiss Army bike is better.

rootes1:

Francis:

This looks alright if I have a dog.

From Big S:

The frame is rather mtb-ish … not so sure.

yunki – Member

just saw this on another thread..

Very nice but not practical as it is so attractive that it will not last 30 mins if you park it at wrong location.

ir_bandito – Member

Does my old Singular count?

Looks nice but not sure if it can be considered as urban gent/workhorse bike …

🙂

andrewy

I reckon if you can find a second hand swiss army bike, it’ll be mint. It’s not like they get much use is it 🙄

Incidentally, I use a Brompton with Touring bag on the front for my shopping/pottering needs. Brought back 13 kilos of shopping on it this morning. Works well.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

It can carry a pair of small (30l) panniers on the rack. Not to mention ALfine 8-spd rear hub and dyno front for the ultimate workhorse.
    Its what it was built for. Still, its not mine anymore…

rootes1

Incidentally, I use a Brompton with Touring bag on the front for my shopping/pottering needs. Brought back 13 kilos of shopping on it this morning. Works well.

Limit on the luggage block is meant to be 10kgs….

andrewy

Indeed it is, and it did look a bit wobbly which is why I weighed it. 10k is fine, this did feel a bit much but I’m still alive 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

This one looks like the updated version of Swiss army bike .

Kronan from Sweden … hhmmmm … @ 4,995 SEK

Need disc brakes & gear hub.

🙂

MrAgreeable

Paper Bicycles look lovely in the flesh, and have the Danny Mac seal of approval.

GrahamS

from Tynemouth Bicycle Company for £239!

(not an advert, just saying like)

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

from Tynemouth Bicycle Company for £239!

(not an advert, just saying like)

That’s very good price for the city bike but the shape is not as right as the Kronan … very tempted by Kronan to be frank as price is not that bad to but I am not sure if it is available in the UK. 8 or 11 Alfine gear will be very nice with it.

tomaso
    Free Member

Swiss Army Bikes are very nice but isn’t there a Swedish version to? Either way my sister used to have one and it was a beast – bullet proof construction! And a gun holder – what more could you need?

chewkw
    Free Member

tomaso – Member

Swiss Army Bikes are very nice but isn’t there a Swedish version to? Either way my sister used to have one and it was a beast – bullet proof construction! And a gun holder – what more could you need?

I think you can only find the modern version which is not my cup of tea because the look exactly like mtb. The old version is far interesting. Yes, a gun holder would be very nice indeed for my zombie shotgun.

yunki
    Free Member

look at the link I posted on the previous page chewkweweww.. there are hundreds of the old style swiss bikes for sale on that site..

chewkw
    Free Member

yunki – Member

look at the link I posted on the previous page chewkweweww.. there are hundreds of the old style swiss bikes for sale on that site..

Thanks for the reminder … this looks very promising but what gear system and where is the rear brake?

Military bike

Plenty of military bike

monkeyp

Crc have a nice elecra with a front rack and its reduced a lot.

chewkw
    Free Member

monkeyp – Member

Crc have a nice elecra with a front rack and its reduced a lot.

This one? Any experience?

Electra Amsterdam Classic 3sp Nexus Mens Cruiser 2011 From £310.00

This Raleigh is very nice … taken from three speed website

This is an ongoing ebay … can’t bid for it as I don’t live in the South D’oh!

Raleigh

gingerss
    Free Member

FTW

epicyclo

chewkw – Member
    …Yes, a gun holder would be very nice indeed for my zombie shotgun.

Shotgun too noisy – you need a rack for one of these

monkeyp

Hope – this one electra delivery

Big rack, nice looks and disk brakes

chewkw
    Free Member

monkeyp – Member

Hope – this one electra delivery

Big rack, nice looks and disk brakes

NOOoooo! That’s ugly. It’s got to look traditional-ish with hub gear and disc brakes.

yunki
    Free Member

have you tried this site..?

bikes for the rest of us

lots of interesting stuff in the genre there..

hock

:mrgreen:

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘The new fashion utility bikes.’ is closed to new replies.