• This topic has 1,231 replies, 200 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by brant.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,232 total)
  • The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x
  • brant
    Free Member

Maybe CRC is the latest in the long line of e commerce sites that show different prices based on the device and type of IP used to view the site.

Our pricing depends on what mood we’re in.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Why not set up a simple derivative based purchasing method, whereby customers can purchase the right to buy at a particular price in the future should they choose to do so

Then such rights could go on sale too, or be bought and sold 2nd hand.

Then you could buy rights to buy rights to buy and so on.

Then people will forget what it was they were buying the right to buy in the first place and you’ll be able to stop making frames altogether and just sit back and become billionaires.

It’s what capitalism is all about.

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks Brant…. ordered… cant wait!

brant
    Free Member

Cheers. They are flying out. We have a lot ordered but at this rate they will all be gone inside two weeks.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

is it possible to remove the on one logo? 🙂

looks grand that frame though!

tomparkin

Why not set up a simple derivative based purchasing method, whereby customers can purchase the right to buy at a particular price in the future should they choose to do so

Then such rights could go on sale too, or be bought and sold 2nd hand.

Then you could buy rights to buy rights to buy and so on.

Then people will forget what it was they were buying the right to buy in the first place and you’ll be able to stop making frames altogether and just sit back and become billionaires.

And don’t tell me, once you’ve set up this derivative marketplace, spent years building out the infrastructure to facilitate ever-easier trading, co-authored many papers on novel new machine learning algorithms to spot and exploit imbalances in the market, and so on…

You can of course retire!

And go do whatever you want with your hard-earned billions. Indulge your hobbies. Maybe set up a little frame-building thing in the shed, you know, just small scale, knock out a few steel frames for simple bikes for riding on sort of thing.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

35 quid postage to me here in Sweden! Brexit spite?

sandwicheater

One large burnt orange ordered.

Scandal V2 is one of the few frames I wish i’d kept, hope I enjoy this one as much.

variflex
    Free Member

Cheers. They are flying out. We have a lot ordered but at this rate they will all be gone inside two weeks.

The power of STW I guess 🙂 .. oh and instagram

damascus
    Free Member

One XL black frame ordered before they sell out.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I don’t even want one but now I’ve got FOMO on a bargain so will get one ordered.

Shame superstar have sold all their £75 stock of decent width boost wheel sets.

brant
    Free Member
    faustus

Got a black xl ordered too

tomcrow99

How hard is it to convert a 142 x 12 rear wheel to Boost? Any recommended kits that have worked Well?

wzzzz
    Free Member

They still have some left in 21mm 29er or 23mm 27.5

https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/essential-wheels-clearance-boost-15148mm.htm

Theres a code somewhere to take them to £75

I missed the 27mm but got some 25mm a month or two ago.

wzzzz
    Free Member

How hard is it to convert a 142 x 12 rear wheel to Boost? Any recommended kits that have worked Well?

Ebay sellers have a kit with 2 axle spacers and a disc spacer.

Only faff is when you remove/refit the wheel as the spacers will fall out and roll under the fridge / in the undergrowth. Cassette will end up 3 mm inboard, not usually a problem.

Hope have a kit for their hubs which puts the cassette in the correct place, but you have to re-dish the wheel.

tomcrow99

Great stuff, thanks!

windysurfer
    Free Member

Ordered. On the lookout for a set of decent 29″ boost forks now

kevin1911

Brant, before I order, can you confirm this:

Will it come with the cable-routing grommets, or will they at least be orderable?

My last Titus frame didn’t come with any and I ended up having to use Sugru, which isn’t ideal.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

35 quid postage to me here in Sweden! Brexit spite?

Did you at least get the VAT back?

J273
    Free Member

What size is the frame in the first post?

gooner69

Ordered, med, black. Damn it. What size headtube are we looking at please Brant?

montgomery
    Free Member

100mm. Geometry chart on last page; nice to see an XL frame with a proper length head tube on it, I’d buy one if I had some money!

spudly1979
    Free Member

What’s the view on sizing for 5ft 10? Go with a large and shorter stem?

spudly1979
    Free Member

Or will medium be more fun to mess about with as slightly smaller?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d round up, its longer than past on ones but its not as long as say Bird, Starling etc so i dont think youd find it too long.

Being picky Id question why the XL needs a 20″ seatube (2″ taller but only an inch longer). I can squeeze onto a 20″ frame with a 150mm dropper, but its close and Im ‘only’ 5ft11-6ft. So im umming and ahhing between l and xl.

fossy

Might be time to sell a kidney, or actually a bike. Time to get rid of the fixed gear road bike as its not been used for 3 years.

fossy

@brant, any chance of shiney colours coming too. Likes my bling… although the orange could be quite cool…

nuke

What size headtube are we looking at please Brant?

Says 100mm for medium on geo table

What’s the view on sizing for 5ft 10?

Medium id say. 5’8.5″ here and, given the reach/eTT lengths im considering small or medium! Currently have a 16″ Scandal V2 29er and i think that was a mere 585mm eTT compared to 601mm on the new small Scandal. Sizing down has the benefit of running longer length dropper too

kazafaza
    Free Member

Brant, Brant, Brant I’d like to throw some money towards the steel frame, are you going to do the pre-order for the Big Dog and Bootzippa any time soon please?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Medium id say. 5’8.5″ here and, given the reach/eTT lengths im considering small or medium! Currently have a 16″ Scandal V2 29er and i think that was a mere 585mm eTT compared to 601mm on the new small Scandal.

Bear in mind the old one was designed arround a 90-110mm stem, this ones probably intended for a 40mm? So you want about that added on the reach.

sguiom
    Free Member

Hi Brandt, could you tell me if the 74.5 degree angle is the actual seat tube angle in XL size ? Sound weird because smaller sizes are 73, may be because of the bent seat tube ?

montgomery
    Free Member

Makes sense. The taller people buying XL frames often have to have a lot of post sticking out, pushing the saddle way (too far) back. Inline seat posts help but a steeper seat tube is better.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Any details on headsets? I was going to add a load of stuff like that to the order to make the most of paying the postage.

Also, seat collar?

Presume its the same integrated one as the parkwood/fatty trail/carbon 1.5″ tapered frames? Fsa no.42 or whatever it was called.

sguiom
    Free Member

montgomery, i would say the opposite: longer legs means need for longer distance from BB. For my 92cm legs, 72.5° seat angle is perfect. With a 74.5° ST angle, I would need 40 mm setback.

However, on the scandal, the seat tube is bent … so there is a difference between actual and effective STA. And my usual software to check the geometry is not working anymore … plus, it appears that the effective STA could be measured in different ways.

It would be nice if Brant made this point clear.

PS: english is not my mother tongue, sorry for that!

spudly1979
    Free Member

“Bear in mind the old one was designed arround a 90-110mm stem, this ones probably intended for a 40mm? So you want about that added on the reach.”

Yeah, I was thinking of moving my 35mm stem off my stanton

brant
    Free Member

Seat angle is effective unsagged angle measured at 800mm from bb centre on all frame sizes.

This keeps the rider fore-aft COG in a similar place as taller riders riding a larger frame will have a steeper seat angle, though the longer post extension and seat tube height will give similar setback.

I could have done the same by making the chainstays longer on the larger bikes but didn’t as I don’t like doing that.

Seat angle will increase about 1deg under sag.

Seat angle is not as steep as some current suspension frames as the bike does not sag backward into rear shock travel as it climbs, and also as I measure it at 800mm (sensible) not “headset” or “stack” height which is stupid.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

(Edit: crossed post)

Headset and seat collar size?

montgomery
    Free Member

My current XL frame at Hebden Bridge station last week – inline seatpost, saddle pretty much all the way forward. I’ll probably shift the wheel back within the dropouts next time I strip it down but, even so, steeper seat tube angles sound good to me…

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.