Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • the neighbours dog got into our garden, can I kill it?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

don’t get me wrong I don’t want to stick a claw hammer through it’s skull but if it threatens my little one I WILL. I tried to help it back over the fence after it had pissed on the garden but it flashed it’s teeth at me. It eventually got out the front and went round the block by itself after I opened the gate.
    I confronted the neighbour who offered the most lack luster appology in the world. I’m gonig to B&Q tonight to buy some Prikka strip [/giggles]
    If it keeps coming over though it’ll be very hard to not to redecorate the patio in a new colour called hint of pooch.

Pook

perhaps seal where it got in?

hora
    Free Member

Our neighbours dog got into our garden, we shot the dog, the family, their friends and all their relatives. It took a while but it was worth it.

hora
    Free Member

Ah noooooooo!

BigDummy
    Free Member

My prediction:

This thread is going to go completely mental, and eventually feature at least 5 different pictures of Bingo and an insane threat from Hora about tearing off your withered Anglo-saxon genitals with his bare hands and eating them. 🙂

EDIT: he’s all over it in the time it took me to type that. Way to go!

wwaswas

is that a carbon post you’re holding there hora?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

do a google search, you do have rights and without doubt the owner is hugely at fault.

we had a dog come into our garden last week and go for our chickens, from what i read i would have been within my rights to shoot it.

hora
    Free Member

bigDummy I will stamp on their throats, own their Anglo-Saxon asses whilst bingo cuts them with his westieknife? 😯

You keep chickens in your garden? How do you stop cats getting in? Wire mesh overhead?

bigsi
    Free Member

*Puts kettle on, checks for biscuits and pulls up a chair*

Hob-nob anyone 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Buy a sheep.

Then when the dog gets in, it worrying your sheep and you can legally shoot it.

sofatester
    Free Member

Yes please bigsi.

I’m in for the duration.

GrahamS

Next doors toddler crawled through our fence the other day.
    I put its head on a stake and fed its still warm entrails to the crows.

Obviously I could have just ignored it, or possibly just had a polite word, but somehow the senseless torture and killing seemed more neighbourly and will undoubtedly lead to a more friendly and relaxed vibe around the street.

DezB
    Free Member

therealhoops – give me your address and I’ll loan you my dog. She’ll kill anything. Anything I tell ya. Can’t tell the difference between dogs, people, rabbits, d**r, anything. And no morals whatsoever.

hora
    Free Member

PP, impossible. What if the dog and the sheep get on and the dog is a trained counsellor who talks the sheep out of its anxiety?

Dezb, this sounds like a girl I know.

bigsi
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Dezb, this sounds like a girl I know.

Can you forward me her telephone number please Hora 😆

richc
    Free Member

put this in front of the hole in the fence, problem sorted.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Tankslappers wife came in my back yard the other day. I felt obliged to do the same to her. 😆

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’m going to try the spikey fence stuff first as I don’t feel confident the neighbours will take any suitable action. If it persists then I’ll be forced to take alternative messures [/devilish laugh fading under it’s own echo/reverb crossfade into orchestral string section playing high pitched sustained note with sharp ending, fade to black for 3secs, short low level laugh reprise]

Is it worth consulting the fuzz on this one?

edit: dog is getting over not through, snare wouldn’t work

hora
    Free Member

Is it worth consulting the fuzz on this one?

Your going to talk to a ladies beaver for advice? Interesting 😐

STATO
    Free Member

taller fence?

therealhoops
    Free Member

hora – that’s what everyone else does, isn’t it?

richc
    Free Member

its for cats, but it would more than likely work on dogs as well.

http://www.deteracat.co.uk/scarecrow_water_jet_pack.htm

hora
    Free Member

Must admit, I’d get more sense talking to mine’s beaver than listening to her talk

Trimix
    Free Member

Get a bigger dog to guard your garden.

therealhoops
    Free Member

The fence is already quite tall. Fido is trying to get across and over into next door coz they have a dog. Next doors dog is cool! Hoops jnr plays with him all the time. It’s the mutt at the end of the garden that’s the worry.

bigsi
    Free Member

therealhoops – Member
    Fido is trying to get across and over into next door coz they have a dog.

In that case you need to build a high level dogway from either side of your garden, that way the neighbours dog won’t need to enter your garden just walk along the dogway from one side of it to the next.

Or you could ask either of your neighbours if they want to swap houses with you,,,,, simples 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

bigsi, will the dogway have jumps and seesaws like all the gnarly dudes have on shore?

therealhoops
    Free Member

bigsi – I appreciate the effort but I’m still more in the “pick axe through the flea bag’s temple” camp.

bigsi
    Free Member

IanMunro – If the op feels his woodworking skills are up to it then yes it could have a multitude of trail features in it 😉

TheRealHoops – If it makes any difference you can buy them already made 😕 .

On a serious note though if you feel that the dog is a threat to you and or your family then it might be worth contacting a local vets practice. Although they won’t be able to do anything themselves they may well be able to point you in the right direction of someone local to you who can help, local dog warden if your council has one RSPCA, Dogs Trust etc etc. Remember that a dog barring its teeth is normally a defensive reaction to a situation and it may not act in the same way if approached differently. I assume you went to pick it up to help it back over the fence and if it doesn’t know you and you were standing over it, possibly leaning over it in an attempt to pick it up it would quite possibly have felt threatend by you. It doesn’t make it a vicious dog because it bares its teeth at you, i do however understand that you don’t want to find out if its vicious or not the hard way. Oh and for the record the neighbour who owns the dog sounds like a tw*t for not taking your complaint more seriously, maybe if a dog warden RSPCA etc had a word they might get a different reaction.

Good luck with getting it sorted 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

You need to put some trellising (sp?) along the top of your fence so that the dog (and burglars) are put off trying to get over it as they think it will break under their weight. Thats what we’ve done on our 3 foot high side gate ( one foot of it is enough) so that are lovely, well trained mutts stop jumping over it to go and ‘say hello’ to the postman (calm down, they only bark at him a bit) and it’s worked a treat.

You also need to point out to your neighbour as firmly but diplomatically as possible that he needs to keep his dog under control!

headfirst
    Free Member

Also, do you know if both dogs have been ‘done’? If the friendly one is in heat, there’ll be no stopping the other one!!

ebygomm
    Free Member

Dogs from the garden backing onto my parent’s house kept getting into their garden and wrecked stuff and generally making a mess.

After the 3rd time my parents tied them to a tree in the front garden and called the dog warden to come collect them.

Their owners haven’t let them escape since after having to pay the release fee to get them back.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I noticed the other day around Ogden Res nr Halifax that the farmer has put up signs saying that if he sees dogs not on a lead chasing his sheep he’ll shoot them so I’d assume you’re well within your rights to kill it.

hora
    Free Member

Punch your neighbour in the face?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Steak and Warfren works for me…..

Hairychested
    Free Member

If the dog threatens your little one, sod everybody and kill/annihilate/immobilise the thing. Whatever it takes so your child is ok.
    If the dog threatens you, follow the same procedure.
    Or speak to the plod and tell them the dofg is viscious and could they have a word with your neighbour as he ingnores you etc.
    BTW Do you remember the Brainiac eppisode when they discovered golf clubs were leathal to humans? Any analogies would be probably true too.

Sandwich

Whose fence is it? If it is yours what type is it? If close-boarded then re-work it to an open type fence with chicken wire along the first 18″. This should throw the dogs spatial awareness and he won’t be able to jump it. (Sisters lurcher can clear over 6′ but baulks at sheep fencing as there is no reference for height.
    Failing that one of these and a bare cable at top of the fence will deter

alwyn
    Free Member

Only if you eat it.

zokes
    Free Member

Some sort of sharp piano wire at roughly the height the dog jumps over at? It probably won’t see it until too late…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

This I think, is available from B&Q

as is this

However, the spray has the advantage that you can use it on the dog directly if it comes into your garden when you’re around.
    I did. Hilarious. 6 months later and still runs when it sees me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘the neighbours dog got into our garden, can I kill it?’ is closed to new replies.