• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The Neighbour That Snores. Noise Cancelling whats?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Man upstairs baaaaaad snoring. Thin ceiling, old house. Particular low range frequency. We have discussed it, but, what’s he gonna do? Besides we’ll get payback when a tiny human arrives.

Anyway, in the meantime, while I’m awake at 2-4am looking for complete silence what equipment can I buy-earplugs, headphones, heavy munitions- that can HELP ME! Alternatively, how can we help him not sound like he’s slowly dying?

Thanks all, back to sleep.

jimdubleyou

Do you know his phone number?

When I’ve had this in hotel rooms I’ve just direct dialled the room – which usually gets me enough time to get back to sleep 🙂

dknwhy

My mum bought a white noise machine because of a snoring husband and noisy neighbours. Says it works for her.

benp1

Max lite earplugs

They’re the best earplugs that I’ve ever tried. One pair gets reused many times, despite what they say

tall_martin

Wax earplugs from boots.

They feel a bit odd but block out so much noise

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve tried loads and these are by far the best I’ve had.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/3m-1100-37db-foam-ear-plugs-200-pairs/50346#

Unless he’s a world champion, I doubt you will hear his snoring using these.

zippykona

Do ear plugs fall out and can you still hear the morning alarm?

nealglover
    Free Member

No and yes. 🙂

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I find silicone ear plugs by far the most effective and comfortable. Boots have them.

MrSparkle

http://www.soundreductionsystems.co.uk
    Give us a call for some free advice.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Volume to 11, intro to New Order’s Regret, or the Roobarb & Custard theme tune. 😉

matt_outandabout

MrSparkle – are you SRS?

If so, I’ve used your products on two projects, and the results are really good…

sparksmcguff

The screwfix ones are good – they’re what I use on a trance night out

Also could you add some rigid insulation to the ceiling?if so there are a couple of noise dampening options

DrJ

I find silicone ear plugs by far the most effective and comfortable. Boots have them.

+1

The only downside is that the one on the pillow side can get warm and squishy and stick in your ear like chewing gum 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The Neighbour That Snores. Noise Cancelling whats?’ is closed to new replies.