• This topic has 102 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Keva.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • The National Census.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Just got mine though and gave it quick glance.
    Now don’t get me wrong, I understand the need for the information, but…

To recap the census is costing roughly £500 million pounds.
    There are 42 questions to be answered by each individual and 14 about the household

So at several million pounds per a question, you’d expect each one to full of win.

I give you Q17-

“This Question is intentionally left blank -> Go to 18”

Genius 😀

mrmo
    Free Member

its an intelligence test, can the person read will they right gibberish in the box.

jj55

Nice earner if you get a job with them 😉 ! (except for the abuse from those who take exception to completing it! 😯 )

Oggles
    Free Member

its an intelligence test, can the person read will they right gibberish in the box.

what? 😯

project
    Free Member

Lockheed martin are runing it and there doubts that all the information given may be exported to america for their use, also any comapny will be able to look at the information held.

more information on http://www.rt.com

Lots of people are going to put Jedi for religion as well.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I was going to put Singletrack.

jd-boy
    Free Member

So its law, so what happens if you are out the country working during the time its all going on ?

Kuco

I was going to put Steve Jobs 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got a question 17 on mine, but it says not to tell you about it.

Oops.

project
    Free Member

Who is actually delivering them, lets hope its not the company previously known as Royal Mail, or they want arrive, unless you live in a skip , or behind a hedge.

Ewan
    Free Member

I’m all for the Jedi thing. In 100 years time researchers will have an extremely accurate record of the number of idiots in the country.

Drac

So its law, so what happens if you are out the country working during the time its all going on ?

I bet they’ve never though of that.

jj55

The Census employ people temporarily to carry out the work, as I say its a nice little earner . I did it twice and it paid for the family summer holidays!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lockheed martin are runing it and there doubts that all the information given may be exported to america for their use, also any comapny will be able to look at the information held

You may wish to mention tin foil hat wearing as a religion too! Tescos probably knows as much as the people doing the census

Trimix
    Free Member

Jedi or No Religion- both seem valid given the question, but what do you put for Nationality if you dont feel British. What do you put for Ethnicity if you dont feel its right to make such distinctiions ?

samuri
    Free Member

In 100 years time researchers will have an extremely accurate record of the number of idiots in the country.

Aah, are they going to capture TV viewing figures for ‘take me out’ and that Noel edmonds program?

Cougar

I don’t think there’s a tick box for “intentionally awkward pedant” so maybe what you need there is “other”…

(-:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

there doubts that all the information given may be exported to america for their use

Well I’m glad to hear that. Although I wasn’t aware that the government was claiming all the information given would be exported to America for their use 😕

Of course it would be rather worrying if the information was passed on to the Americans. Because as everyone knows, the 2010 census in the Untied states was designed as a means to prepare everyone for possible processing into the FEMA concentration camps, which are up and ready, in preparation for the New World Order.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9NX8dPE1I[/video]

By the way don’t lick the envelope after placing the completed census form into it……it’s designed to give the government a sample of your DNA.

Drac

but what do you put for Nationality if you dont feel British.

I’m might be wrong but I’m sure Nationality isn’t to do with how you feel.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

but what do you put for Nationality if you dont feel British.

My census form lets me put English or British rather than just British, about time really as I’m sick of forms that have options for the other home nations, but only British if your English 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m sure Nationality isn’t to do with how you feel

Sure it is.

I might put Japanese.

Trimix
    Free Member

I feel grumpy – what Nationality is that ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

You think you’re turning Japanese?

Cougar

I’m sick of forms that have options for the other home nations, but only British if your English

If you’re a UK national then your nationality is British. You have British citizenship, not English / Welsh / Scottish.

If it asks for your country of birth / origin, that’s a different question.

Cougar

I feel grumpy – what Nationality is that ?

I think that makes you Snow White.

Drac

I think that makes you Snow White.

/applause

chewkw
    Free Member

Haven’t received one so I guess I am a non-entity … 😯

ebygomm
    Free Member

Question 17 is a question about speaking/reading Welsh on the Welsh version.

Trimix
    Free Member

Snow White, damit, I need to change my sex on the form now.

Drac

So why did they leave it out of the English version then, how odd.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think I’m going for “Irish Traveller”

MrKmkII
    Free Member

Jedi or No Religion- both seem valid given the question, but what do you put for Nationality if you dont feel British. What do you put for Ethnicity if you dont feel its right to make such distinctiions ?

trimix, you naughty agitator, you!

poly
    Free Member

Q17 – Only for the Welsh!

http://2011.census.gov.uk/en/index.php?content_id=1605

legally you are absolutely correct – but the question (Q15) is actually about national identity and asks “For example this could be about the country or countries where you feel you belong, or think of as home.” and specifically states it need not be the same as your legal nationality or citizenship.

project
    Free Member

For nationality, il put “singletracker”,

MrKmkII
    Free Member

country or countries where you feel you belong

what a truly horrid, insidious turn of phrase. so if i feel i belong in the UK, it means i feel the UK owns me? 😕

skiboy
    Free Member

i put jedi on both mine and the wives religion questions, Don’t care if that classes me as an idiot just got to have a laugh and a little poke for such an sh1te question,

been waiting 10yrs to right that again, i put jedi last time too, not really a star wars fan either but i do believe there is more chance of me getting powers of the force than god actually existing,

oh dear if lockheed really get this info then one day some bible bashing redneck will probably nail me to a burning cross for writing that 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

my answer fo the blank question shall be
    dwi Cymraeg yn areithio psychic Jedi
    I am a welsh speaking psychic Jedi 😉

that should freak them out

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

been waiting 10yrs to right that again

It’s never too late to wait for a hysterical punchline.

Roll on 2021

CaptJon
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    So why did they leave it out of the English version then, how odd.

Because it would mess up the spreadsheets if they had different Q17s.

uplink
    Free Member

i put jedi on both mine and the wives religion questions

How many have you got? – One is enough for me

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘The National Census.’ is closed to new replies.