Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Muppet Show
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

This is what they should rename “The Apprentice” to.

Where do they get the numpty candidates from? I have never witnessed such chaotic stupidity. These people have no clue about pricing or how to handle a customer. Business in real life rarely operates like this – at least professional tangible business doesn’t.
    E.G. the girl’s team won with almost a 200% profit last week. Yes, but the customer felt like they had been ripped off – which they had. The proof would be in repeat business which is about as likely as finding Jeremy Clarkson at a tree hugging convention.

These people are so competitive and egotistical that they struggle to work in teams and then when it all goes wrong they all start back stabbing. These people would be useless working in a company and would really be better off doing their own thing.

Some say they already have great jobs and businesses. I question why they want to be on this freak show, but most telling is them leaving these high powered jobs and businesses and in times like these. The word “BUxxxxIT” springs to mind”. To me, they look like a bunch of “puffed up designer shirts and skirts”!

Each week Alan Sugar nominates an individual in each team to be “project manager”. What a joke! Sugar clearly doesn’t understand what a project manager actually is, these people are “team leaders”! I’ve barely seen any evidence of any proper project management. The candidates are in an adrenaline fuelled panic to produce a result, typically in 8 hours. There is no time to do a proper job of any planning, it’s just a firefight. When they all get back to the boardroom, the divisions surface – rotten communication.

The programme used to be entertaining when it first came out, but to actually think these people end up working for Sugar! All he is actually doing is perpetuating the style of his businesses and products – down at heel, cheap and nasty! And,, if he was so successful in his business empire, he wouldn’t have time to waste on making plastic TV shows!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve never watched it, but I think you’re taking it a bit too seriously 🙂

gavinski
    Free Member

I’m dissapointed – i thought this was a thread about the actual muppet show – which was comedy gold.

I had an (audio) tape of the muppet album which was played all the time i looked it up on amazon for old times sake – as i now have a kid – it’s out of production and someone wanted about £200 for the vinyl version – so if anyone has it, keep hold of it – unfortunatley i binned the tape copy after it got too streched to play.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I’ve never watched it, but I think you’re taking it a bit too seriously [:)]

ME? Serious? !!

matt_outandabout

It’s TV. Whaddya expect?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Is this yet another case of someone not knowing how the OFF button works?

parkedtiger
    Free Member

I had an (audio) tape of the muppet album which was played all the time

Hugga Wugga was my favourite track.

hora
    Free Member

I grew up on a diet of the Muppet Show. Loved it. Sublime humour coupled with slap-stick. I was never too-keen on Miss Piggy though, although the 60’s long-haired skinny hippy chick would have been a Freudian-wet dream for some

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I had the Wombles album.

‘Remember you’re a womble, remember you’re a womble, remember, member,meber what a womble,womble, womble you are’

Spongebob
    Free Member

My TV only has a Standby button! 😆

STATO
    Free Member

someone wanted about £200 for the vinyl version – so if anyone has it, keep hold of it

IM RICH I TELLS YOU, RICH!

mrsflash
    Free Member

I’m dissapointed – i thought this was a thread about the actual muppet show – which was comedy gold.

ditto.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

[but the customer felt like they had been ripped off ]

I bought an Amstrad amplifier once and once only. I was a kid and it was all I could afford at the time. I’ve never bought another Alan Sugar product nor will I. Sounds like exactly the way Alan Sugar wants to do buisness.

zaskar
    Free Member

I’m in there too ;O)

mudshark
    Free Member

Sugar doesn’t have much to do with Amstrad nowadays does he?

bruneep

dear or dear kids in primary school could do better.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The Muppet Show’ is closed to new replies.