Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • The most surreal feeling in the world…
  • bradley
    Free Member

So come 11pm last night we’re off up the hospital with my fiancée who was 37 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Come 5:03am earlier this morning my first child was born, being a daughter. Decent size too considering she’s almost 3 weeks early, 7lbs dead on.

Is this the most surreal feeling in the world? Because it definitely felt like something I’ll never find anywhere else.

camo16
    Free Member

Yes it is – and congratulations to you both! 😀

brant
    Free Member

dead on.

my heart sank for you, then realised I’d read it wrong.

Congratulations.

slimjim78
    Free Member

absolutely. I don’t think you’ll ever hit that particular mix of endorphins again, so soak it up.

truly amazing feeling.

congrats.

Stoner
    Free Member

ha! when I read the thread title my first thought was “watching the mrs give birth”. well done for having the three of you at home. stoner Jr dropped out at 30wks so was in ICU until he was allowed home a 5lbs about a month later. think he was 2 or 3 lbs when he arrived. his brother has far less inclination tot the dramatic flair though 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

The bit where you hold your first child for the first time. 😯

Wait until you leave hospital for the first time as a family and you and the missus exchange the “what the hell do we do now?” look. 😀

freeagent
    Free Member

congratulations – enjoy every minute…

edlong
    Free Member

Congratulations. Welcome to years of tiredness, brokeness, no-time-for-yourselfness and where-did-my-social-life-go-ness. You’ll love every minute, it’s wonderful.

Whether or not it’s the most surreal feeling in the world might depend on your attitude towards psylocybin.

GrahamS

Congratulations! – you are at the start of another of life’s interesting journeys (I’m only about two years down the trail ahead of you – it’s hard going at times but generally amazing).

Wait until you leave hospital for the first time as a family and you and the missus exchange the “what the hell do we do now?” look.

Yep! “What we don’t need to sign anything or pass any tests? We can just walk out of here with a baby? With no manual? Are you quite mad?”

Followed by the drive home at 10mph. 😀

jam-bo

jam bo junior was 13 weeks early and it was 4 months before we got to bring him home. still a very strange experience.

nearly 9 months old now and sleeping mostly through the night so its all good.

paul4stones

No, it’s not surreal its real life! Enjoy it!

Stoner
    Free Member

wow jambo that’s a tough break.
    we were comforted and astonished in equal measure when we were told that our ICU could regularly (50%) support Prem babies of 1lb to going home.

jam-bo

yep, was a bit of a life changer. realised now it looks a bit top trumps though in the context of the thread.

all good now though and just arranged a four day week from September. Adventure fridays are a go…

bencooper
    Free Member

Congratulations 🙂

It’s weird because up until that exact moment the idea of a baby is a theoretical one, then suddenly there it is, looking at you.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Congratulations, its a real head spinner.

matt_outandabout

I just cried. Think the scene from only fools and horses:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SedRIymMrRE&feature=related[/video]

Congratulations to you both!

DrP

Spot on 5am this morning our first born arrived in our lives/bedroom too.

Trouble is, he’s 2 1/2 and was a git going to bed last night, and I really could have done with the extra hour in bed…..

Massive congratulations on your most wanted arrival!

DrP

yunki
    Free Member

Is this the most surreal feeling in the world?

yes..

amazing isn’t it.. good luck

woody2000

Must be something in the air DrP, I was woken up by a 3 yr old at 5am today 🙂

Congrats OP – if you think the birth is surreal, you ain’t seen nuttin yet! 🙂

theotherjonv

Wait until you leave hospital for the first time as a family and you and the missus exchange the “what the hell do we do now?” look

Yep – with my first she fell asleep in the carseat on the way back from the hospital. We snuck into the house, put her (still asleep) into the middle of the floor, sat on the settee together, put on the TV ….. and waited.

Then she woke up again and life changed.

sobriety
    Free Member

Whether or not it’s the most surreal feeling in the world might depend on your attitude towards psylocybin.

Or mescaline.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I didn’t find it surreal. I just thought oh, a baby.

Then I’m kind of like that – I just get on with things and think about it all later.

Having said that, having our second in the house was a little surreal. Three of us came back from the supermarket or wherever it was, then a few hours later there were four of us but WE HADN’T LEFT THE HOUSE! She just appeared.

No little bracelet, no wooly hat, no Bounty pack, nothing. Weird.

GrahamS

alfabus
    Free Member
    bradley
    Free Member

Her first hiccups, if that’s anything to landmark? Haven’t stopped smiling since 5:03 this morning…x

mrhoppy

Hoppy jr is nine months today and is walking around the front room, can’t crawl but will walk unaided randomly launching himself towards the most fragile or spikiest objects he can find. I thought it was hard at the beginning but that was easy.

Enjoy!

ourmaninthenorth

nearly 9 months old now and sleeping mostly through the night so its all good.

Hey jambo I’d lost track of your story. Great stuff..!

Must be something in the air DrP, I was woken up by a 3 yr old at 5am today

I could hear Baby north (2yo) chattering to herself at the same time. Is there something (else) the kids know that the parents don’t?

Congratulations bradley..!

molgrips
    Free Member

Ask your mrs if they really are the first hiccups!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Bet you’ve got that proud new dad look on your face that even mike tyson couldn’t knock off. Congratulations and enjoy the ride.

BrickMan

Is is just me or is there some casual racism going on in those letter blocks?

Junkyard
    Free Member

The bit where you hold your first child for the first time.

Wait until you leave hospital for the first time as a family and you and the missus exchange the “what the hell do we do now?” look.

THIS and the first time you try to leave the house to do something

Its really is the best thing in the world Enjoy it all

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘The most surreal feeling in the world…’ is closed to new replies.