Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • the missus wants a designer pussy for xmas
  • qwerty
    Free Member

thinking of a British Shorthair, anyone got any advice, opinions or other options???

wwaswas

"Brisish Shorthair"

ladyshave it is then.

igmc.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Lay off the beer at lunch? 😀

qwerty
    Free Member

Lay off the beer at lunch?

too many espresso's 😈

thejesmonddingo

Prefer a Brazilian.
    Ian

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

any old manky one from the rescue home

binners

landing strip?

0091paddy
    Free Member

Just get a 'normal' kitten, they're free as well…least until it goes to the vets.

qwerty
    Free Member

sorry to burst your friday bubble lads, but this it the particular pussy "in action"…

😀

fbk
    Free Member

Not a fan of pedigrees really and the comment re rescue homes is Definitely valid.
    If forced though, Bengals or Ragdols look great and certainly have personality 🙂

Note the air of professionalism retained through avoiding the obvious innuendo 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hear that beavers make good pets.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does she know that such procedures can lead to a loss of sensation.
    I'd ask if she can get Megan Fox attached to it?

qwerty
    Free Member

I'd ask if she can get Megan Fox attached to it?

💡 could double as a bike stand 💡

ski
    Free Member

Pedigree British Shorhairs kittens can fetch silly money £300-£500 a go.

Watch out for the scum breeders, loads about, so be very wary.

We have British Blues, (Pedigree and normal), huge cats with loads of personality, will rule your home.

The Pedigree's can suffer more with problems, well our seem to compared to the rescue ones we have.

Our latest, called Puddle 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Now you've made me think about getting up to the back wheels in Ms Fox.

Bengal cat (not tiger) Big.

cranberry
    Free Member

A Bald Mimsy is the one to go for – very stroke-able.

I'd post a picture… but I think that I might get telled off.

On the subject of cats, I think you are better off with a pure-bred moggie than with a pedigree.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

I also have a british blue from a rescue home.He has been a great cat with tons of personality.Also he is thirteen years old now and still plays like a kitten.
    When he goes i will get another

nosherduke996
    Free Member

I also have a british blue from a rescue home.He has been a great cat with tons of personality.Also he is thirteen years old now and still plays like a kitten.
    When he goes i will get another

MrNutt
    Free Member

I know where there's two british blue kittens up for grabs, I'm tempted to get em to be honest, but then I remember the horror of the litter tray visit aroma

hels
    Free Member

I don't like purebreeds for the simple reason that they tend (although obviously not in all cases) to have psychopathic personality disorders bred into them as a feature.

They do look awfy pretty tho so if that is a motivator go for it.

Moggies rule. If you can get one from a kitten thats even better, pick the strongest of the litter and don't take it away from mother cat too soon.

docrobster
    Free Member

Do the owners of short haired cats find that they are happier when being stroked than plain old moggies? 😮
    If not, what is it that attracts you to them? ❓

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Maine Coons – the way forward

He usually looks scruffy as he is allowed out to play. Small extinction event that he is to local vermin (rats, mice, moles, rabbits… even the odd hare when we lived up in Scotland). Complete character and so very, very intelligent (which is why my collie dog gets on so well with him I think!)

qwerty
    Free Member

MrNutt – where are they? we were thinking of a pair?

binners

Maine Coons are indeed the way forward – big, hairy and daft. Whats not to like?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

The Pedigree's can suffer more with problems, well our seem to compared to the rescue ones we have.

If you get a pedigree I would advise getting it fully checked over. We had one almst identical to Ski's and two of the litter of four were born with Congenital Heart desease. Sadly both died young. One was less than 6 months old and ours died 4 years ago next week aged four. 😥
    Not wanting to put you off just make sure it's healthy before you get it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

south west england, email me and I'll give you the ladies number if you like?

Terrydactyl

My wife is a breeder of russian blues and selkirk rex.

Clicky

solarider
    Free Member

British shorthairs are a great choice. We have had a blue and 2 colourpoints. The blues can be a bit aloof, but they are the nicest looking and the 'typical' colour. However, having thought long and hard about it before we got our colourpoints, I can heartily recommend them, even if they aren't the gorgeous grey colour that you usually associate. Apparently the breeding makes them inherently more cuddly and personable, which I can confirm. Ours are just the nicest cats ever.

1 word of advice on timing, and learn from our experience. Now is not the breeding season, so there is a high risk buying one now. Either the breeder has artificially lengthened the breeding season, or the cat is the last of a litter that's left over from the summer, and there's usually a good reason! Either way, there is a lot more choice and they are more naturally bred in May to August. Not ideal for Christmas I know, but you are hopefully going to have the little bugger for 15 years or so, so choose in haste regret at lesiure!

Depends where you are, but I can recommend Yvonne at Bonniechloe in Bromley (other breeders are available etc etc!). She knows her stuff, and would certainly be able to advise you (at great length and in huge detail!) about the differences between blues (can be a bit more stand-offish), colourpoints (maybe not to everybody's taste in terms of appearance but great temperament) and tabbies (lovely but very fragile, avoid, avoid, avoid particularly the silver ones like the Whiskers advert).

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I hope I dont get banned

Shaved Pussy here

http://www.prettybaldsphynx.com/QTPatootie-5.jpg

Esme
    Free Member

Oh dear, Terrydactyl – did you know about this?
    REHOMING

MrNutt
    Free Member

I want a bald sphynx!

dr_death
    Free Member

No you don't. A mate has just got one and it looks like a giant walking scrotum!!

zaskar
    Free Member
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘the missus wants a designer pussy for xmas’ is closed to new replies.