Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 164 total)
  • The Mandalorian – Trailer
  • Drac

I’m not building my hopes but may be entertaining enough.

kelvin

It’s going to be a western, isn’t it?

Looks promising to me.

Drac

Aye does seem to be that sort of theme.

I’ve rewatched the trailer on my TV in 4K yeah it does but I’m trying not to get too excited but I think I’ve failed.

kimbers

Looks way better than the current star wars movies

nuke

Liking the look of it but assume you’ll have to be on Sky to get the Disney channel? Im a non-Sky customer and signed up to everything else…Netflix, NowTV & Amazon Prime

Drac

It’s Disney+ their new streaming service which isn’t available in the UK to next year.

nuke

Thanks Drac. Don’t think i can justify another streaming subscription!

Drac

Or me but Disney now owns some big productions so I may be tempted.

moonsaballoon

It’s Star Wars so I will be watching. The question for me is will it be enough to get me to sign up for Disney x . Like others I already have Netflix and prime and signing up for another one feels like to much . I suspect that this could end up being on the list of most illegally watched tv programs

funkmasterp

Always dubious of trailers but must admit it looks good. If he takes his helmet off that’ll ruin it though. Was that Werner Hertzog at the end?

l0key
    Free Member

Completely agree funk, helmet on at all times and minimal if any speaking, just let the other characters and actions do the talking for them.

Klunk
    Free Member

I don’t get the helmet on the stake scare your enemies, head on a stake yes, but the helmet is already detachable. Doesn’t bode well.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Wouldn’t want to humanise the stormtroopers. They’re cannon fodder to be slaughtered in high numbers. Humanise then then you get all the goody-two-shoes brigade complaining the you end up with the scene with greedo they ‘corrected’ in A New Hope.

nastybobby
    Free Member

Never expected to see Werner Herzog in a Star Wars film.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

ohh that looks good.  Helmet has to stay on (like Dredd) and very few words.

Oh and his spaceship looks a bit like the one in Battle Beyond the Stars (showing my bloody age here)

eddiebaby
    Free Member
    P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m going to torrent the shit out of that.

colournoise

Ming the Merciless
    Oh and his spaceship looks a bit like the one in Battle Beyond the Stars (showing my bloody age here)

Thought that too. Hope it’s a deliberate reference.

bigrich

serialised star wars is better than the films.

for a kids show, rebels was pretty good.

flyingmonkeycorps

Looks promising.

I’m actually not fussed if he takes the helmet off. For the record. Kinda hope they make the Mandalorian (does he have a name?) an interesting, faceted character which Boba Fett – whilst cool – never was. And that’ll be tricky if he doesn’t say anything and keeps his helmet on.

Drac

I don’t get the helmet on the stake scare your enemies, head on a stake yes, but the helmet is already detachable. Doesn’t bode well.

So people know they’re stormtroopers and not some random scruffy looking nerf herder.

athgray
    Free Member

I’m actually not fussed if he takes the helmet off. For the record. Kinda hope they make the Mandalorian (does he have a name?) an interesting, faceted character which Boba Fett – whilst cool – never was. And that’ll be tricky if he doesn’t say anything and keeps his helmet on.

The Mandalorian is being played by Pedro Pascal. He is an established and prominent actor. I cant imagine him signing up to play a faceless character with no dialogue. They could have got any random person to do that for a lot less money than what Pascal will be paid.

funkmasterp

He’s a great actor, but helmet on or a degree of bad areseness will be lost imo. He can talk though.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Screw it if it needs a subscription to yet another service.

While Sky / Virgin is stupidly overpriced, the problem with replacing with streaming services is you need so many of them. It’s a fragmented market, and a monthly cost for each adds up.

Though I’m sad to admit that I’ve lost interest in Star Wars yet was such a big fan of the originals. Only watched the first of the new Disney stuff and really haven’t had the enthusiasm since then, even to rewatch the originals (all the more complicated by having to source the proper originals and then there are numerous versions so have to decide which to watch, then someone does another version, etc).

Also, is this more of a kids show being on Disney channel thing?

jekkyl

Won’t the faces under the helmets all be his face anyway?

Drac

Depends when this was set it around the time of the new order so possibly. Then they all will look like him if he’s Boba.

While Sky / Virgin is stupidly overpriced, the problem with replacing with streaming services is you need so many of them.

Currently I’ve dropped down to 2 again they still cost way less than Sky.

P-Jay
    Free Member

While Sky / Virgin is stupidly overpriced, the problem with replacing with streaming services is you need so many of them. It’s a fragmented market, and a monthly cost for each adds up.

Yep, started off so well with Netflix, but everyone wants a part of the action now so if you want to have every must-see show you’ll need 4-5 streaming services within a year or two. Probably a couple of devices too, because they’re all fighting for exclusive hardware deals.

kelvin

Won’t the faces under the helmets all be his face anyway?

I think the point (from the title) is that this guy is a Mandalorian, which were the Fetts were not, they just used the armour, so no, he shouldn’t be related to the clones in any way. Maybe. Dunno. It’s fiction after all.

flyingmonkeycorps

IIRC (and I might be wrong) Jango Fett was a Mandalorian who was cloned to create the clone army. Boba Fett was a clone that was allowed to develop naturally (the others weren’t) so he was essentially Jango’s son.

The new series is set after Return of the Jedi (so Boba is probably still being digested) somewhere in the outer reaches of the galaxy and is about a single Mandalorian (of the title). It’s not set on Mandalore. So my guess would be other than similar armour and hailing from the same planet there’s not much of a link to Boba or Jango Fett.

Pretty sure Pascal will take his helmet off, as mentioned above it’d be a bit of a waste if he didn’t. I’m hoping for something between Firefly and Deadwood, but we’ll see…

**edit** Actually you’re right, he wasn’t technically Mandalorian. Though we was closely linked to them and hailed from the same system.

I’m such a geek.

holdsteady

seems very likely to me that the main character will be Boba Fett as he didn’t actually die according to below link, maybe his nickname is “The Mandolorian” as he is wearing Mandolorian armour, it does look like a western, with Boba portraying a similar character to Clint Eastwood’s ‘man with no name’ in Sergio Leone’s ‘Dollars trilogy’

Disney makes it official that Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi

Drac

Yup Boba was one of the ones I thought Jagon was a Mandalorian though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just gotten round to watching the trailer.. and a few YouTube vids trying to explain it..

And I’ll be watching it when it comes out, looks really good storyline and anything with Werner Herzog means it’s a bit darker, a bit gritty and threatening..

dogthomson

IG88 looks badass!

mogrim

Looks entertaining, but like most of you on this thread I really don’t need another streaming service.

rone

Herzog, Apollo Creed and Jon Favreau.

Lots of random folk!

TV series though, will be as dull as dish-water after ep 3.

Disney + £££

Pook

How do Mandalorian’s walk about all big like if they’re the thing inside all of us that makes the force happen?

BoardinBob

I cant imagine him signing up to play a faceless character with no dialogue

They paid Vin Diesel to say “I am Groot”

w00dster

Agree with the comments from others about another streaking service. I use Sky and Netflix, only use Sky for the sport and occasionally movies. Sport is mainly Eurosport, but also F1, Football and kids also watch some shows not available on netflix.
    I could Bonn netflix, but there’s a fair amount of content I like.
    I just see us going back into the age of illegal downloading. I’m happy to pay a fair price, but the fragmented market means there is only the odd show on each that appeals, so an additional £15 a month is too much.

Northwind

Well played Pook

dirkpitt74

I like the look of this.
    How do you get Disney+ ?
    Doesn’t seem to be any pricing/info for the UK.
    As I don’t own a smart TV will I have to resort to watching it on my phone/laptop?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘The Mandalorian – Trailer’ is closed to new replies.