The Lycra Police

Home Forum Chat Forum The Lycra Police

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • The Lycra Police
  • winston_dog

Something “not looking right” to some yokel cop is no excuse to be interfering with someone going around their business
    I’m pretty sure it is….

^This +1

I own a moderately expensive road bike, (£2000), I have NEVER ridden it without lycra shorts apart from up and down my lane after tweaking something.

The PC used a lot of common sense to pull someone over on an expensive bike who wasn’t dressed in normal cycling kit.

How anyone can say it was out of order is just ridiculous.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Anyone else planning on donning some trackies and a baseball cap and going for a ride around town on a nice bike, see if plod stops them?

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1CCd8VdOCc[/video]seems to fit here…

edlong

Anyone else planning on donning some trackies and a baseball cap and going for a ride around town on a nice bike, see if plod stops them?

Nope, can’t afford a nice bike!

Something “not looking right” to some yokel cop is no excuse to be interfering with someone going around their business.

You’d make a pretty useless cop then wouldn’t you?

andyrm

Great work and exactly what we need more of in Bristol, given the high theft levels and previous disinterest.

I’d happily chat to a copper that stopped me if I was out on one of my bikes in non-riding gear – piece of mind that someone has his eye on the ball.

Imagine for a brief moment the person on that bike wasn’t the legit owner, and that copper’s actions reunited said bike with the rightful owner. That has to be a good thing and worth any brief moment of inconvenience if you are the owner but just not in riding gear.

Fair play to him

🙂

duntmatter

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO3VuAI3dS0[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘The Lycra Police’ is closed to new replies.