• This topic has 35 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by ton.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • the love of Spuds.
  • ton

do you love em? can you leave other stuff and just have spuds?

I had em mashed on sunday with chicken, I have em mashed on Monday with gammon and peas, I had em mashed for my snap yesterday with a bit of gravy and nothing else, I had a jacket potato with cheese and beans for my tea last night, and I just eaten a potato omelette for my snap.

love spuds me……….. ;o)

stevied
    Free Member

Mr & Mrs Spud:
    spuds

jam-bo

Hate them.

perchypanther
    Free Member

love spuds

*sniggers*

z1ppy

How did you miss the King of spuds thread

fasthaggis

Tonight’s spud delight is …..Frittata

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Potatoes, bread and pasta – love them all. Seldom all on the same plate though.

franksinatra

I love them and feeling of being connected to the bike, I just don’t understand why anybody would ride on flats.

funkmasterp

Meh,to spuds and spds. For me they are up there with rice in the “food you’d feed to a POW’ group (spuds that is).

ads678

Mashed spuds are great but roasties FTW!!

And chips obviously but chips are in a different category to other potatoes products IMHO.

PrinceJohn

So you’ve never experienced a mac n cheese sandwich with hash browns?

drnosh
    Free Member

I love the Murphy’s – Spud !!

avdave2

You need to eat from more conference buffets and where is the rice on your plate?

avdave2

double post

or should I say seconds

big_scot_nanny

Hassleback potatoes served with some kind of chicken in sauce is a new find for me, and totes amaze-balls. And probs a bit middle class…

Vader
    Free Member

Roast rolled shouder of lamb, mash potato and red wine gravey.

Bloody hell yes man give it me!

SPuds

bearnecessities

my snap

I haven’t heard that phrase since 2008, in my first week on temporary detached duty working in Yorkshire.

That same week there was a union strike going on and, not being a union member, one morning walked into the office to be greeted by someone already at their desk with a cheery “Morning, Scab!”… as he munched on his bacon & tinned tomato buttie.

All utterly mental. And I’ve never left  🙂

(and crisps are the best use of a potato)

perchypanther
    Free Member

my snap

Up here it would be “my piece”

Once had a Scouse joiner run into the site office in a panic from the site canteen claiming there was about to be a shooting because two other guys in the cabin had been arguing and one had stormed off in the huff, declaring that…. “I’m going out to the van to get my piece”

nixie

@ton http://www.kartoffelkeller.com should be right up your street then.

kayla1
    Free Member

Mmm… taties. Yes please. Bangers n mash, om nom nom.

ElShalimo

@nixie – that looks fab!

ton

wanted em again tonight with my pork chops but i was disappointed. had to do with 4 portions of veg.

BigJohn

Roast on Sunday with pot roasted brisket. Chips on Monday with grilled tuna. Baked last night with roast duck legs. Potato salad (with onions and salad cream) with pork chops and a Dubonnet and apple sauce.

Roll on tomorrow!

RustySpanner

(and crisps are the best use of a potato)

No no no.

Crisps are chips without ambition. Corn/wheat based snacks are far superior.

The very worst thing that can happen to a spud is to be turned into a **** Pringle.

They ming.

I think the heirachy goes roast, mashed, chipped, baked, then all the sad middle class nonsense that people eat because they think other people care. 🙂

hash browns

Eeeeeew.
    Have a think about what your life has become then go and stand in the corner.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

my snap

Up here it would be “my piece”

Once had a Scouse joiner run into the site office in a panic from the site canteen claiming there was about to be a shooting because two other guys in the cabin had been arguing and one had stormed off in the huff, declaring that…. “I’m going out to the van to get my piece”

Where I was a young man it would have been your Bait. Confused the hell out of my wife when she heard someone say they were “just off to put their bait up for the morning”. I didnt know Tony was a fisherman she whispered.

ton

snap or pack up round these parts.

myti
    Free Member

I can’t believe there is anyone who doesn’t like spuds. Proper freaks imo. Potatoes roasted in duck fat tonight to go with the venison and pheasant casserole valentines meal.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Bloody love spuds.

Yesterday the refectory had gnocchi and mash. I wasn’t sure. I went for it. Amazing combo!

rone

Won’t hear a bad word against them.

Two types at Christmas is good too.

johndoh
    Free Member

A good take on mashed spuds… 2:1 ratio of potato and sweet potato (start the potato boiling first and add the sweet potato later) then mash with butter, salt, pepper and a big dollop of your preference of mustard. When I do that it usually goes down better than anything else on the table for a big family Sunday dinner.

verses

snap or pack up round these parts.

I use “pack up” and it never even occurred to me that it might a regional term 🙂

I’ve heard my dad’s generation say “snap”, but not for aaaaages

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sweet tatties FTW.

Love Gnocchi as well.

lunge

Spuds are good. Chips, roasties, all good.
    Tartiflette, now that is how you turn a spud into a king. Gods food.

ton

today is gonna be a chip day. with curry sauce.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘the love of Spuds.’ is closed to new replies.