Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The lost art of proofreading
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

A 5 course meal for £8:99? I’m In!!!

Oh, hang on. Aside from the entirely unidentifiable protein objects in goo that are pictured, it’s not a ‘5 Course Meal’ It’s not even 3 courses and where is pudding?

…and WTF is a ‘greate’ offer?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Bc9rin]The lost art of proofreading[/url] by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr

Saw this on the wall of a localist Indian Restaurant

wwaswas

A 5 course meal for £8:99? I’m In!!!

You’re still in the edit window 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I will quantify that statement:

I’m in, assuming I’m 5+ pints into an evening and can’t even focus on my own hands

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The local indian will place food on door, or delivery I think they mean.

rocketman
    Free Member

At least they didn’t say sun pannel’s

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its in Chelmsford FFS, what did you expect.
    From the look of that ad I’d say they were high achievers and a beacon of edumacation in the area.

midlifecrashes

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn’t take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It’s clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother’s mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

[Not my work]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My home town*

*awaits inevitable backlash

hammyuk
    Free Member

It’s not where ChewK works is it?

goon
    Free Member

Bit of a damp squid that one, MLC.

GrahamS

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There’s more: Choice fom menu

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oh yeah! Hadn’t seen that!

alpin
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member
    Its in Chelmsford FFS,

oi…!

i grew up in Thurrock…. folks moved to Chelmsford about 14 years ago. glad they did. Chelmsford is a massive improvement over Thurrock! infact just about anywhere north of the A127 is an improvement over anywhere south of it.

retro83
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

From the look of that ad I’d say they were high achievers and a beacon of edumacation in the area.

oi buger of!!! Im frome their.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It goes right up to the esteemed BBC too.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-34832317

scaredypants

and where is pudding?

Oh, I think you know the answer to that one

Northwind

Came into the thread purely to find an error in the OP’s post and be a dick about it.

piedi di formaggio – Member
    localist

Get a proofreader, moran.

sands
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

You might want to revise the usage of its / it’s when criticising other peoples standard of ‘edumacation’.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get a proofreader, moran.

It’s moron, you impecile. 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

While I can understand that reading about spicy food might cause one to think about colons, I’m not sure it was appropriate for the OP to display one in the first post.

sc-xc

There’s a garage near work that offers…

In-Trim services for a fixed price.

GrahamS
    scaredypants

Ha,

I tend to lack toast & tolerance too

and I lolled at anus beef – how pathetic

nealglover
    Free Member

infact just about anywhere north of the A127 is an improvement over anywhere south of it.

I was have trouble deciding wether to move to Doncaster or Milan.

Doncaster it is ! 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

sands – Member

bigyinn – Member

You might want to revise the usage of its / it’s when criticising other peoples standard of ‘edumacation’.
    WOOOSH!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The lost art of proofreading’ is closed to new replies.