Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The Light / Helmet offer from Planet-X
  • toby

I’m sure there’s plenty of people here who’ve taken advantage of the free light with a helmet offer from them. Has anyone successfully mounted said light on the helmet?

Short of gaffer tape, a GoPro style mount seems like the easiest way to go. Either adpating / drilling a mount for something else or calling in a favour from someone with a 3D printer, then picking from the range of helmet mounts for a GoPro.

Otherwise am I missing any obvious options? Anyone already done this?

bonzodog
    Free Member

If you mean the Jobsworth 20w Bobby Dazzler, for me, I think it’d be too much on top of a lid.

Could be wrong, but I’m thinking its a bar mounted light only.

toby

That’s the one.

What do you think is too much? Light output or bulk / weight of the light?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    easily
    Free Member

The light is too heavy to go on a helmet.
    It’s a good light though.

toby

Just weighted it, it’s 127g. Google says that an Exposure joystick is 104g and a GoPro appears to be 118g, both of which people mount on helmets with little issue.

It may be slightly less comfortable having an extra 20g on my head, but I don’t think that’s the difference between “fine” and “My head falling off”. If it is, you’re welcome to a thorough round of “I told you so” 😉

ETA: I’ve just read the page I skimmed more carefully, that weight for the Exposure is with mount, so a little bit of an unfair comparison; however it’s certainly a comparable weight to a GoPro. I was particularly impressed by how lightweight the light was when it arrived.

frogstomp

R3pro have done 3d printed mount – here.

They do other useful bits too.. I’m liking the idea of the SRAM Guide piston release tool.

brant
    Free Member

Can’t wait to see what happens when we do the “free bobble hat with a torque wrench” combo.

toby

@frogstomp – Just what I wanted, thanks. That saves some considerable faff!

@brant
    – well, I’ll get to keep my torque wrench nice and warm 😉

doomanic

Thanks for the reminder, just bought the LED lid and light combo.

@frogstomp
    thanks, that looks good.

Beagleboy

How big is the bobble? I like a nice big bobble on my head!

DickBarton

It is a much larger shape than a GoPro so likely to make the helmet wobble about more…normally fixed by pulling straps a bit tighter.

bonzodog
    Free Member

frogstomp

Subscriber
    R3pro have done 3d printed mount – here.

Blimey, £15 for a plastic mount. The helmet and light were only £21! Funny old world.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The Light / Helmet offer from Planet-X’ is closed to new replies.