Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The Lego Movie (D-Box 3D)
  • cheviots
    Free Member

Little Cheviot had an inset day today so due to the permanent inclement weather we decided to go to the cinema.
    As we both like building lego there was really only one choice. I was less than impressed by the trailers I’d seen but have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the boy.
    The whole experience was improved by seeing it in 3D (we don’t usually bother) but more than that I sold a spare kidney and stumped up for D-Box seats which worked really well with this film.
    Definitely a convert.
    Any other D-Box fans ?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Good to hear that the movie is worth going to see it’s little fatsimon’s 4th birthday tomorrow and he’s getting into Lego in a big way so another thing to add to the list of thing to do tomorrow 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Heard nothing but good reviews. We’re hopefully off tomorrow. Dare I ask, what’s a d box seat?

dawson

its my brothers birthday next week, so we are going to watch it tomorrow. He will be 33.

cheviots
    Free Member

D-Box seats move/vibrate intime with the film, an early scene has our hero falling down a hole/shaft and as he bounced from side to side the chairs did and it was very effective, also the seats are bigger and comfier than the regular seats.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dare I ask again, price? 😯

jonnyrockymountain

Glad to here good reviews, taking my 7 yr old (mad lego fan) sunday

cheviots
    Free Member

Did I mentioned a kidney!
    £13 for me £11 for my boy, but I know that’s lump of cash but I really enjoyed the whole experience.
    Be warned though the song used in the film will be stuck in your head for a while.

Drac

Took my kids to see a couple of films in D-Box now and they loved it.

School hols next week so taking them to see Lego Movie as the trailers looked ace. I’ll fork out for D-box and 3D as often don’t see very much of them for a few days due to long shifts so time together is well worth it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’ve been and I loved it!!!! One word! Batman!

grievoustim
    Free Member

“Spaceship !”

DezB
    Free Member

One of the worst kid’s films I’ve had to sit through. Maybe I shoulda gone 3D..
    Give me Pixar any day!

matt_outandabout

We did not like it either. The kids did. But I got fed up of massive American-isms and poorly done ‘action’ scenes.
    It was average at best IMO.

jonnyrockymountain

3D today we all really enjoyed!!!! Batman! Spaceship! And Liam neeson voice over (fantastic actor)

gamo
    Free Member

Kids loved it I fell asleep! Not great.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pfffttt! Miserys!

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC is taking the kids on Wednesday next week. My leave doesn’t start till Thursday 👿

Did anyone see the Lego adverts last weekend on ITV – there were Lego versions of the Vinnie Jones CPR advert, the BT broadband one and a fair few others. Clever marketing

Northwind

Saw it in 2d the other night, it is bloomin brilliant. Best film I’ve seen in ages tbh. Especially liked that it’s a fundamentally lego plot, rather than just being a film that happens to be in lego. Even when it’s not good, the pace is so knockabout that there’ll be something else happening in about 2 seconds.

clubber
    Free Member

2d yesterday and I thought it was great. My son enjoyed it too 🙂

Lucky I have some of my old lego, including the blue space man. SPACESHIP! (LL929 I noticed and Google says it’ll be released this year…)

DezB
    Free Member

there’ll be something else happening in about 2 seconds

Yeah, probably the same joke about the cop’s face having 2 sides or the same joke about Batman being moody or the same joke about Emmett being ordinary or… etc etc!

clubber
    Free Member

I’d forgotten about the lego ads. Confused . com in ours and the BT one.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ooohhh dez go listen to some obscure new band 😉
    Tha’ll be reet then!

Northwind

DezB is too busy watching a film about gay cowboys eating pudding

prettygreenparrot

Eager to see it. 3D – I’ll go for it, won’t cost me anything but computer animation works well with 3D and my daughter likes it. My son saw it yesterday and liked it. D-Box, no thanks. I’ve endured the demo seats but I like the story to move me rather than my seat.

I suspect that there are at least a couple of PhDs in the analysis of the movie and its relevance to society.

prettygreenparrot

not seen ads on TV for a while. The magic of Netflix, TiVo, and other things… like work

DezB
    Free Member

DezB is too busy watching a film about gay cowboys eating pudding

DezB is confused by this! 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Broken Lego Mountain?

At least it can be rebuilt (so long as you have the instructions – in joke alert 🙂 )

shuhockey
    Free Member

Everything is Awesome!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y[/video]
    In my head since Saturday, now it’s in yours 😈

clubber
    Free Member

In my head since Friday 😯

smogmonster

Went to see it yesterday..what utter sh3te. Even the kids were bored. Its worse than Wreck-It Ralph, and that’s saying something.

emsz
    Free Member

Everything is awesome….

Apart from the kid who talked all the way through it. And kicked my chair. I know it’s a kids movie, but if you’re a parent think of others before you let your brat chatter away all through the film grrrrrrr

” I only build in black, or very dark grey” is now my motto 🙂

bearnecessities

That’s possibly the best thing I’ve ever seen on a tellybox. Everything is awesome.

Edit: Reading some comments above, anyone that didn’t get it was probably a bit stressed with kids at a cinema already (at a guess) or dead inside. It’s genius 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘The Lego Movie (D-Box 3D)’ is closed to new replies.