• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The Laxative effects of certain beverages.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Why is that I can make myself a fairly strong black coffee and suffer little to no ill effects, but if I have one of those Starbucks iced coffee things it cleans me out like a brown tornado?

Or on the rare occasions when I have a Red Bull or similar it has the same effect?

Does anyone else suffer from this scatological beverage roulette ? What causes it?

spawnofyorkshire

Does anyone else suffer from this scatological beverage roulette ?

Yes

What causes it?

Picolax

MoreCashThanDash

Presumably the caffeine content?

I don’t have that problem. I have been known to have a coffee at a motorway services and then stop 10 miles up the road at the next services for a pee though…..

jam-bo

milk.

jimjam
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

milk.

Please elaborate.

hammyuk
    Free Member

If you’re lactose intolerant then you really, really don’t want a glass of milk….

jam-bo

the ones my colleague drinks appear to be mostly milk with a hint of coffee in.

if you’re intolerant to milk its not going to end well…

dogthomson

Carlsberg

JackHammer

Rev James turns me inside out with the heat of a thousand Suns. No idea why.

jimjam
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed any ill effcts from milk, and there certainly isn’t too much milk in Red Bull 😕

perchypanther
    Free Member

Rev James turns me inside out with the heat of a thousand Suns.

That’s Catholic schools for you.

No idea why.

It’s coz’ you’re a sinner.

Pigface
    Free Member

A friend of mine had two cans of Monster one morning to try and perk himself up, he shit himself in the car on the way to work.

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

jimjam
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

A friend of mine had two cans of Monster one morning to try and perk himself up, he shit himself in the car on the way to work.

Did it perk him up?

globalti
    Free Member

Caffeine stimulates production of adrenaline, which causes “fight or flight” syndrome including the need to rid youself fast of excess baggage.

Many people become “lactose intolerant” as they enter their late forties because the body produces less lactase, the enzyme that deals with cow’s milk. Drinking a lot of milk now makes me windy, same as beans and apples do.

Beer makes me go as well because it contains pectin, which is present in prunes, plums etc. A couple of pints of a heavy dark ale like Old Peculier always gets me on the run the next morning.

allthepies
    Free Member

Pectin in beer ? Perhaps in some exotic fruit based brews but not in the vast majority of beers.

hammerite
    Free Member

Aren’t ice cold drink a problem for some? Could be that.

For me it’s carnage in the toilet the morning after a session at a beer festival.

cloudnine
    Free Member

First cuppa of the day always does it. As does putting on a pair of bib tights.

mattyfez

Yeh first coffee from getting out of bed always ensures some contemplation time on the throne.

DrJ

It perked up his car-poolers.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The Laxative effects of certain beverages.’ is closed to new replies.