Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • The Law. What law?
  • mooman
    Free Member

My 16 yr old daughter was attacked last night by an ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend whilst she was working in a restaurant.
    She had dated this arsehole 2-3yrs ago, and for whatever reason he has never moved on.
    A day or so ago my daughter started getting abusive txt messages from his latest girlfriend. She ignored them and hoped the girl in question would get bored.

As said, my daughter was in work last night, when the 15yr old girl and the 18yr old ex walked in. My daughter tried to ignore them, and at worse, expected them to maybe shout a bit. Wrong!

The girl started hitting my daughter, and the ex forearm hit my daughter to the ground – where the girl then kicked my daughter in the head. This all in view of a packed restaurant.

They then ran off. My daughter went to the hospital with bruising etc.

The police called around this morning to take a statement. After which, I asked what is likely to happen?
    “If they admit it, then they will receive a caution. If its their 1st offence” the policewoman replied.

Can you believe that? Disgusting.

Only good thing being, It’ll be my 1st offence also.

SST
    Free Member

Yeah – my "first offence" would occur a few day after something like this too! And the ex would wish the **** he'd got over her when he should have done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does one really "date" at 13?

*Feels very old all of a sudden*

tankslapper
    Free Member

He's 18, an adult – take him out. What a git 👿

colnagokid

Ive a baseball bat here if you need it 8)

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Its just a sign of the 'lawlessnes' that is rife in the UK… they may get away with the attack – especially the girl due to her age.. old enough to get pregnant but young enough to be seen as she did not know what she is doing… the card all the young reprobates play… However, first offence or no… you will be treated very very differently…
    A) assault on a minor comes to light.. enjoy the porridge..

He is 18, but a total numpty by the way he is acting.. 18 seems so bloody young now.. I would wait till all seems forgotten b4 having him… due to the fact the law now know about him and can tie you to the 'incident' whenever that may take place..

mooman
    Free Member

I`m not looking at the 15yr old girl .. my attention is very much on the 18yr old ex.

I have some friends in the police, and I know they too think the law in matters like this is plain stupid.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

My daughter had a boyfriend .. for a very short time.. who thought he could control her,
    When she told me, I nearly crucified the ****… I know how you feel..
    its devastating…

Pigface
    Free Member

That is real brain dead behavior. I hope your daughter is ok and doesnt run scared of these lowlifes. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I can sort of understand your frustration ( I have no kids tho so could never totally know)

I would be more concerned that no one in the restaurant came to your daughters aid.

The two thugs will have that with them the rest of their lives. Fingerprints and DNA on the record, much decreased employment opportunities.

They will not get a second caution. If they do anything like that again They will have used up their one chance.

Don't stoop to their level.

neverfastenuff – Member

Its just a sign of the 'lawlessnes' that is rife in the UK.

This is the UK with vastly reduced crime over the last ten years. Don't believe the tabloids manufactured moral panic. Crime is significantly less than it was ten years ago.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cautions have their place in the justice system. Not here though, in my opinion.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I would be more concerned that no one in the restaurant came to your daughters aid.

Thats what I thought what the hell are people doing sitting there watching a young girl get belted. Perhaps they didnt want there soup to get cold.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Crime is significantly less than it was ten years ago.

Yes, I read that press release from the Neue Arbeit Ministerium für Staatssicherheit Too.

🙄

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

TandemJeremy;

I hope so… I now have a second generation family growing up in the mess that successive governments and the 'do-gooders' have created… the same people have have protected the perpetrators of Moonman daughters right to go about her daily business in safety…
    Personally.. all the little barstewards should be thrown into the army as soon as they are old enough and taught respect…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Zulu – stop showing your ignorance. The UK crime survey is an independant survey of real people experience of real crime and shows large statisically valid reductions in most crime.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/bcs1.html

It may not fit your ignorant petty bias but it is true

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member
    neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Somehow… and this is only a comment..
    But, how can crime figures be down ?

From reports over the last 12mths we are in need of more police..

Crime goes on in the ignorance of effective policing.. some people have reported a police officer finally turning up 3 days after an event has been reported.. Tandem Jeremy..please make sense of this…

Perhaps car related crime has gone down.. thanks to advances in security measures built into modern cars.. perhaps this has massaged the figures ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Neverfastenough – what reports? Those in the tory press?

seriously the BCS is valid and accurate and crime is significantly down – have a look at druidhs link. More accurate than police recorded crime figures as the methodology is consistent across different force areas.

I would expect the recession to have pushed crime up tho – it will appear soon enough in the figures.

the main thing that affects crime rates is affluence – in times of increasing affluence crime falls and vice versa.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that theft from an automatic machine or meter has halved in the past decade, and that Bigamy appears to have dropped through the floor…

however I'm more concerned that "total violence against the person" levels have nearly doubled since Labour came to power!

Total violence against the person offences:

98 – 502,788
    99 – 581,038
    00 – 600,922
    01 – 650,330
    02 – 845,078
    03 – 967,228
    04 – 1,048,095
    05 – 1,059,585
    06 – 1,046,168
    07 – 961,175
    08 – 903,993

I maintain that actual reported crime figures are more valuable than a survey of less than one percent of the population!

mooman
    Free Member

dogpower
    Free Member

Hey, no need to in-fight!

I always try to remember, with so many people in the world, we're doing well not to be killing each other all the time.

However my son's just told me his Marin Highway One (which he needs to get to work) got nicked from his girlfriend's back yard. And it had Hope LEDs on.

Lots get nicked from yards in that area because there are lots of students who have not developed cynicism yet.

so I'm finding it quite difficult to believe we're doing well right now.

project
    Free Member

Went to our local chip shop last night,a few fish just sitting there enjoying the rest, all of a sudden a member of staff picks them up, batters them and throws them in hot fat, nobody helped or said anyhing except me, vinegar please, they where lovely.

Revenge is best served cold, leave it a few weeks and then slowly at first,nothing nasty etc, perhaps an advert in the local shop for something expensive for sale, quite cheap, or even an advert for sexual services in the local paper,all useing the ex boyfreinds phone number,also enrol him on a junk mail list,etc etc.

Drac

I never agree for violent revenge but pity help any man who hit any of my daughters, I'd loose my job and everything but they'd wished they never met her.

Smee
    Free Member

Chin the little ****.

soobalias
    Free Member

always two sides to every story.

if i was in the restaurant i probably would have done the same as the other diners, nothing.

i dont know she didnt deserve all she got and more.

not my fight, not my problem, but disturb my romantic meal for two……..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I do so hope thats a troll soobalias.

any decent human would intervene if anyone especially a young woman was getting kicked in the head.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

The BCS only represents reported crimes and trends therein and it is in no way an accurate represeation of true crime levels. It is more representative of more serious crime as they are more often reported however.

Wait , wait , wait and then teach him a lesson. Simples!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, no they wouldn't. At present, someone who intervenes in such a situation will end up dead/wounded/arrested. Why bother?

The latter of those three options is the most disgusting. People are arrested for doing the right thing and trying to defend the innocent. How is that right?

PJ266
    Free Member

Im with TJ on this one. Id be pissed off if i saw a man hit a woman, let alone if the woman was my daughter.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Well CF, you might be arrested if you were involved in violence simply because the police need to work out what happened. Absolutely correct IMO. And your first statement simply isn't true anyway. Obviously you get that impression because of the high profile cases. Oh, and people perpetuating myths on the internet…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Also, I believe you're actually saying that someone being arrested is worse than them being killed 😯

aracer
    Free Member

I'm with TJ – I'd go and help. In fact I have done in similar situations before. Don't see how her "deserving it" has anything to do with it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stonemonkey – Member

The BCS only represents reported crimes and trends therein and it is in no way an accurate represeation of true crime levels. It is more representative of more serious crime as they are more often reported however.

Wrong – the BCS is based on interviews with real people and their experience of real crime so includes unreported crimes therefore is more accurate than the police stats.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/bcs1.html

CFH – wrong – you will not be prosecuted for defending yourself or someone else from assault. More right wing bollox. You are allowed to use "reasonable force" in prevention of a crime. "Reasonable" as decided by a jury of your peers. My estimation of you has just taken a huge plummet CFH – a chap of your calibre should always intervene in these circumstance,. I have done and will continue to do so.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have a read thru this – makes for very interesting reading and violent crime is down – I don't know where Zulu got his figures from but the BCS shows significant falls in violent crimes since 1995 which was a large peak down to 1981 levels

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs07/bcs25.pdf

Overall, according to the BCS, numbers of violent incidents have fallen back to similar levels to 25 years ago. There
    were approximately 2.2 million violent incidents in 1981, and 2.4 million based on the 2005/06 BCS. The latest
    figures show a significant reduction of 43 per cent from the peak of 4.3 million violent crimes in 1995.

So in other words violent crime rises under tory governments and falls under labour 🙂

actually its very little to do with criminal justice policies but mainly down to two factors – rising prosperity = falling crime and reduced number of young men

some categories of violent crime are up. Murders are significantly down and lowest for decades. No fudging possible on that figure

grumm
    Free Member

However my son's just told me his Marin Highway One (which he needs to get to work) got nicked from his girlfriend's back yard. And it had Hope LEDs on.

Lots get nicked from yards in that area because there are lots of students who have not developed cynicism yet.

so I'm finding it quite difficult to believe we're doing well right now.

Conclusive evidence on national crime trends there. Hasn't leaving a 2 grand bike with some expensive lights on it outside always been a bit of a silly idea?

G
    Free Member

Personally, I'd be asking my daughter for a little bit more info in respect of this matter if I were mooman. One moments consideration shows that the liklihood of a new girlfriend texting a 2 or 3 year old one out of the blue and for no reason is a bit odd, as is walking into a restaurant full of people and carrying out a sustained and unprovoked attack. Methinks there is more to this than meets the eye frankly.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I don't know where Zulu got his figures from but the BCS shows significant falls in violent crimes since 1995 which was a large peak down to 1981 levels

Again TJ – you are quoting data extrapolated from a survey of less than one percent of the population.

If you actually believe that data extrapolated to that extent, with all the possible inherent bias that can creep into any form of survey is more accurate than the physically reported police records then you're stark raving bonkers.

The data I used above is from the links I gave before, and is the actual number of crimes recorded, broken down into individual crimes and dating back to 1898 – more info here:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/recordedcrime1.html

Actual recorded violent crime has roughly doubled since 1998, (however has dropped for the last two years, after years of rise)
    Actual total number of recorded crimes has dropped, however this includes the very significant drops in car crime and domestic burglary (argued to be largely due to the drop in retail cost of white goods, DVD players etc)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Zulu – with a sample that big it is clear that it is accurate – more so than the recorded crime figures. a sample that big is extremely accurate if the methodology is right and the BCS uses internationally recocognised rigourous and valid methods. Remember they can predict elections from 1000 people with high degrees of accuracy. However because it does not tally with your predjudices you ignore it. Statistical surveys grow in accuracy with the size of the sample. That is a huge wsample and is perfectly accurate. You show your ignorance once more.

Police counting methods vary from region to region and have changed over time.

I cannot find the figures you gave from that link.
    From the link you gave

Longer-term trends from the BCS show the number of violent incidents has fallen by half
    (49%) since 1995, representing an estimated two million fewer incidents and around threequarters
    of a million fewer victims. The trends for both violence with injury and violence
    without injury are similar to the trend in overall BCS violence.

druidh
    Free Member

G – Member

Personally, I'd be asking my daughter for a little bit more info in respect of this matter if I were mooman. One moments consideration shows that the liklihood of a new girlfriend texting a 2 or 3 year old one out of the blue and for no reason is a bit odd, as is walking into a restaurant full of people and carrying out a sustained and unprovoked attack. Methinks there is more to this than meets the eye frankly.

My thoughts were along the same line. Unprovoked assaults do happen, but they're not that common. More likely that something has worked up to this. Of course, we'd all like to pretend that our little princesses would be completely blameless, but who amongst us would not have glossed over some of the details to our own parents in a similar case?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The Law. What law?’ is closed to new replies.