• This topic has 50 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The Lakes – trail "improvement"
  • D0NK

That's what I assumed Fizzer meant too, here rockytastic

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Cool, thanks. Will add that to the list of things to do.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've been reliably informed that it's rubbish and I couldn't really have enjoyed it (or been scared) because it's just a wide track with some rocks on it
    click pic for bigger

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We await TJ's response with baited breath

1) bated
    2) TJ is too busy dissing helmet compulsion to spare time for the environment 🙁

br
    Free Member

tbh I'd do Hellvellyn the other way, push up Dollywagon and then down the other side and onto the miners path to Patterdale.

grumm
    Free Member

Why on earth would you want to push (or rather carry mostly) up Dollywagon?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Why on earth would you want to push (or rather carry mostly) up Dollywagon?

DUUUH, to ride down Lower Man :o)

fizzer
    Free Member

Aye that's exactly where I was at weekend, leading a Boggies ride down there. There is also some wicked trail in the Lickle Valley as a prologue to the Seathwaite descent.

TomHill
    Free Member

Rode the Dollywagon descent yesterday. It was awesome, despite being on an utterly inappropriate bike (456 with rigid forks, while Revs get repaired). The section down to Grizedale Tarn is very "man-made" and perhaps not that sympathetic of bikers… the water drains were an annoyance, although everything was just about ridable after much pushing back and checking lines, and falling and trying again.

It's shame that a tiny bit more thought wasn't put into catering for bikers, because it had the potential to be even better. I had never ridden there before, so no idea what it used to be like though. Section from the tarn back to the road is also great fun, less steep, faster, but occasionally trials techy too – pretty much my perfect kind of trail.

Can't wait to go back and ride everything a bit quicker on something with a bit of squish!

TomHill
    Free Member

This was my first Lakes ride for 10+ years, (other than Whinlatter), can anyone recommend some similar descents?

anc
    Free Member

This was my first Lakes ride for 10+ years, (other than Whinlatter), can anyone recommend some similar descents?

If your after rock then Esk Hause to Styhead then seathwaite is a absolute cracker and my personal fave. But also….Walna scar to Coniston then later on the same ride Stainton ground to the other Seathwaite(Duddon). Blacksail into Wasdale. Burnmoor into Wasdale. Back of Fleetwith into Buttermere. Scarth Gap into Buttermere. Bowdale going north west. Sticks pass heading east then theres a cheeky detour under Green side round Glencoyne valley for some techy singletrack with top views. Harter fell to Nan bield col then either descent, the one into Haweswater being the more techy. Garburn into kentmere. Skiddaw and down Ullock. Whiteless from wandope and down the front. Both bit cheeky. Parkermoor to high nibthwaite. The Borrowdale Bash descents watendlath to Rothwaite and castle crag plus some other cheeky extra's. Rossett gill or Greenup edge if you feeling brave :mrgreen:

List is endless but these should keep you busy for now 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘The Lakes – trail "improvement"’ is closed to new replies.