Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The Lakes – Flavour of the month
  • fergal
    Free Member

Where have you been riding recently, anywhere exiting! have had a few trips over recently, always looking for routes off the beaten track, or even just good classics, the riding is always good and hard to beat, please share you’re experiences.

fergal
    Free Member

Forgot this (not my video, thanks for the inspiration, had been planning this for a while) part of a loop including Sail, with the bizzare manmade switchbacks.
    The Causey pike Ridgeline.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Thanks for that Fergal, was up on grisedale pike a fortnight ago looking over at that ridge, as well as about another half a dozen lines up there!. We did one you have done previously – up coledale, down whiteless, then up gasgale Gill and over grisedale. A peach.

Riding a ridge on a clear day is my idea of biking heaven, canny whack it! What’s the descent like off of Causey back toward braithwaite?.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Forgot this (not my video, thanks for the inspiration, had been planning this for a while) part of a loop including Sail, with the bizzare manmade switchbacks.
    The Causey pike Ridgeline.

That’s just the short descent prior to the actual summit of Causey. If you’ve not ridden off the summit itself before, I’d recommend a dry, clear day and some extra care. There’s a tricky carry down off the top (although there are a couple of ‘not obvious’ detours around that obstacle), followed by a couple of steep, rocky chutes that are difficult if it’s wet. It’s also better to take the left fork down to Stoneycroft rather than Rowling End.

fergal
    Free Member

Yep park tiger covers it, pick a dry day for Causey pike, felt pretty full on and a little sketchy for me, no place for an off. The video is a shorter loop pushing up to the Sail col, the full ridge line over Eel crag and Sail is worth it even just for the novelty value of the switchbacks, it’s not as if you can ride them with any speed or panache though, as they are loose and raised above the surface.
    PS. it’s nice to know that Stoneycroft is the better descent as the singletrack leading into Rowling End looked quite inviting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The Lakes – Flavour of the month’ is closed to new replies.