• This topic has 22 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by timc.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • "the Keg nightclub in Peebles"
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Just read the Glentress ‘King and Queen of the Hill’ story on the homepage.

It mentions “the Keg nightclub in Peebles”. Is the Keg actually a recognised post-GT drinking hole then?

mr_mills
    Free Member

Type it into youtube 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Loosest use of the term “nightclub” I have ever seen.

We didn’t stay long.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Still trying to figure out if its a youth club, over 60s club, gay bar or just rubbish. There is a strange attraction to the place though!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Ha, I love The Keg! It’s like drinking in someone’s living room. Albeit a slightly intimidating one 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

That’s one rough watering hole!! I was seeing a girl from peebles for a long time and spend a few nights in there including one Christmas eve. I’m from Tain and even I was a bit scared 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

Been there loads of times, can never remember it, always have a good time though 🙂

ashfanman
    Free Member

I only ask as my uncle owns it. I haven’t been there for over 10 years (we don’t exactly speak anymore), but I always thought it was a massive sh*t hole so was surprised to see it mentioned.

bruneep

Type it into youtube

Oh my 😯

DougD

Brilliant place, imagine a cross between Trainspotting and Phoenix Nights

binners

We had a great night in there. Though it did teach me one of the most important lessons you can learn in life. Never drink anything blue

chakaping
    Free Member

I thought it was a bit like gatecrashing a rough wedding reception.

BigJohn

Is Ruffell a regular? I might ride Glentress a bit more often.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

We ended up in there during a mates stag weekend… the locals weren`t that impressed with a very drunk group of southern idiots, very amusing!!!

binners

Still trying to figure out if its a youth club, over 60s club, gay bar or just rubbish

Surely it epitomises, with its fully inclusive, all embracing community ethos, everything that Call me Dave is trying to achieve with the Big Society?

ashfanman
    Free Member

I thought it was a bit like gatecrashing a rough wedding reception.

😆

flippinheckler
    Free Member

😆 Blimey Keg on youtube one for the Gynaecologists 😯

binners

Blimey! 😯 Wasn’t like that when i’ve been in there!

nigew
    Free Member

Heading to Innerlethan next weekend, will pop along to Peebles, ill see if I can find the dancer for you BigJohn, although there are some entertaining women go in to Hectors Bar in Innerlethan 😆

creaser
    Free Member

we’ve had some top nights in there post rides,highly recommeded

timc
    Free Member

“what the f*** you looking at mother f*****” a girl said to me outside the Keg, funny! 😀

ashfanman
    Free Member

“what the f*** you looking at mother f*****” a girl said to me outside the Keg, funny!

That was probably my aunt…

timc
    Free Member

she was young, early 20’s, black girl. seen her in peebles about a year later, must be a local, or following me 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘"the Keg nightclub in Peebles"’ is closed to new replies.