Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • the indian head wobble
  • Pook – Member
    do i need to report myself then?
    POSTED 33 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Arun (my Indian friend) advised me he’ll be joining this site tomorrow to report the thread so no need

MrOvershoot

I vote for Marin, he’s a nice bloke 😀

Is that what we are doing?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Already done, pook

I vote for Marin, he’s a nice bloke

Is that what we are doing?

Marin is winning so far

Russell96

I’ll add the Wikipedia entry is spot on, in Bulgaria a nod means no and a shake means yes, well unless they know they are dealing with a non local so the opposite applies well maybe.

stumpy01

Oh, goodness gracious me…

johnhe

I was in Bulgaria recently and their head nodding/shaking was totally normal.

bigblackshed

Mintman
    Free Member

Arun (my Indian friend) advised me he’ll be joining this site tomorrow to report the thread so no need

Seems a bit extreme when you could simply report it on his behalf if he feels that strongly about it.

Given the amount of confusion on here it might be more productive and educative if he were to come on here and explain his point of view. Inform the debate etc etc.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

The last thing this debate needs is more information!

nickc

in Bulgaria a nod means no and a shake means yes

In Bulgaria, or just by Bulgarians while they’re only in Bulgaria?*

I’ll ask Evgeni, one of my dentists, he’s from Bulgaria.

Racist and stereotyping!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ask him if a wink is as good as a no to a blind Bulgarian.

GrahamS

All these white men arguing wether it’s racist or not. He thinks it is and that’s all that counts IMO

Yeah, bloody “white men” trying to learn about Indian culture, break down barriers and improve multi-cultural understanding. It’s sooooo racist.

Far better for us to blunder on in ignorance and just assume anyone making this gesture has some kind of nervous tic.

🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

Aim for the moon ernie, if you miss, you’ll hit the stars.

Does anyone know if you definitely would hit a star eventually if you kept going in a straight line?

Oh and it’s not stereotyping. Saying “Indian people head-wobble” would be stereotyping.

piemonster

Yeah, bloody “white men” trying to learn about Indian culture, break down barriers and improve multi-cultural understanding. It’s sooooo racist.

Far better for us to blunder on in ignorance and just assume anyone making this gesture has some kind of nervous tic.

WTF a rational post. What’s this doing here

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh and it’s not stereotyping. Saying “Indian people head-wobble” would be stereotyping.

and it is a well known fact that only one phrase at a time can be considered to be stereotyping.

khani
    Free Member

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Fine, but that’s not really a wobble though, is it.

Clong
    Free Member

Charliemungus, you are TJ and i claim my £5.

mt
    Free Member

Charliemungus is a Weeble, he wobbles but does not fall down.

molgrips
    Free Member

and it is a well known fact that only one phrase at a time can be considered to be stereotyping.

That made no sense.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘the indian head wobble’ is closed to new replies.