Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The Human Race (literally)
  • SaxonRider

Yep, it’s Tuesday night, which means me hitting the road in my car to drive my kids all over the **** city for activities.

Which also means another driving rant.

How the hell has the human race managed to stay alive and propagate, but not managed to remember:

1. that driving requires looking out of the windscreen and NOT at one’s **** phone?

2. that, when behind the wheel, it’s important to stay alert and aware of things like traffic lights, lane width, and other people (whether in other cars, on bikes, or on foot)?

3. that, when on the road, we’re not the only one there, and that others are affected by our actions?

FFS! I should really surrender my licence. I am sure I am guilty of all the things for which I get mad at others, but holy shit, is driving ever an egocentric thing to do.

Other than when I hit the motorway for Belgium, it’s just not worth it.

What whisky for post-driving recovery?

Poopscoop

You have to let it go mate to be honest.

I get where your coming from but it’s like me raging over Brexit. It’s unfortunately futile and just gets me worked up over something I can’t change.

Got to let it go for your own sanity.

SaxonRider

Yeah, you’re right. Honestly.

Poopscoop

I think from a pueblos thread you are facing some real challenges mate.

I remind myself that I have some real and genuine things to worry about too. Things I might, might be able to change possibly. Possibly.

So better to focus on them. Much of the modern world drives me mad frankly. Don’t really feel part of it these days.

Yeah. I have a few issues but I’ll save them for another thread one day.

Keep the faith Saxon. Your one of the good guys. We need them.

matt_outandabout

What whisky for post-driving recovery?

Anything that’s 17 years old.

scotroutes

I had this discussion with TJ many moons ago. He was railing against driving as it obviously made folk very stressed, angry and impatient. I had to respond that it’s a personal thing. I managed to drive across town every day perfectly serenely. I think it’s all about setting and managing expectations. If you already know what it’s going to be like and still set off then you’ve really only yourself to be angry at.

whitestone
    Free Member

If I have to drive anywhere and become part of a traffic jam, I just sit there smiling at people – drives them nuts that someone’s happy 😏😊

oldnpastit

I’m reading this in the rooftop bar of a four star hotel in Seville, listening to mellow jazz and drinking my margarita.

Friend, I feel your pain.

pondo

oldnpastit wins. 🙂

I do yay miles a year for work, I adopt the relaxed approach and make sure I don’t have to rush, and STILL almost daily people will do things that have me frothing at the mouth. Next month I switch to a job where I can cycle to work and to worry less about this shizzle. Cannot wait.

CountZero

A couple of years ago, when I was driving for BCA, getting stuck in traffic was an occupational hazard, which frequently involved phone calls from my team leader, frustrated because I would be late at my destination/pickup point.
    I, on the other hand, had a perfectly relaxed and sanguine attitude, because a) there was bugger-all I could do about it, and b), I was being paid by the hour.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The Human Race (literally)’ is closed to new replies.