Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The heebie-jeebies
  • Houns

What gives you them? Me? This

https://m.facebook.com/175912279153241/posts/2089940817750368?sfns=mo

(Apologies for fb link)

Anything to do with big structures/civil engineering and water sends shivers down my spine (not in the good way) and has me running away

globalti
    Free Member

It is a bit scarey to see that much water above you. We have a brook running under our house, which is fine until the water rises like it did last Saturday and boulders start rolling down, going thump thump thump under the house. I hate the sound.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Heebie jeebies are the feelings of fear you get after a works night out, at which you were bladdered and made a roaring **** of yourself.

Aka the cider spiders.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

Them’s beer cringes

I get the heebie-jeebies worst from seeing forks with intertwined tines, I feel it in my teeth and if I ever had to try to pull them apart I’d likely vomit. Once, when I lived alone I opened the draw to find a pair of forks caught that way, I slammed the draw a few times but it didn’t free them. I ignored the drawer for a few weeks, in the end I closed my eyes and with some riding gloves on ‘stired’ the drawer with my hand until they were free.

Less so stumpy little fingers.

ThePinkster

That TV and doing the rounds at the moment with the ice diving.

Makes me shudder every time I see it.

rOcKeTdOg

I was stood next to that Dan 2 weeks ago and the water level was well below the lip. stunning to watch if you are in a place of safety.

dissecting penectomy specimens literally gives me the willies

bensales
    Free Member

Also reservoir related, these spillway designs scare the living daylights out of me…

[video]https://youtu.be/-iHAjOrrU4k[/video]

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Roller coasters that go really high in the air, I’m not brilliant with heights and then my engineering brain usually kicks in saying “what if the person who maintains this thing is an idiot and left a bolt loose”

Last time I thought that was at the top of the loop on Stealth at Thorpe park.

daviek

The Mrs has Trypophobia and that really gives her the heebie-jeebies

vickypea
    Free Member

Trypophobia for me too. Ahhhhhhh! !!

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’d put a YouTube link to ‘Heebie Jeebies’ by The Rifles but I’m useless.
    It’s a great track though.

Northwind

Trypophobia for me too, it’s so weird- it’s not like a conventional “urgh” or anything, it totally short circuits my brain. Even just writing this is unsettling. Pretty fascinating but also pretty awful

(PS in advance, anyone posting a pic for “lolz”, you’re a ****)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anatidaephobia is the best phobia, ever.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thought it was ankle length leather trenchcoats Houns?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone got pics of those mtbers crossing Blackwater dam (above Kinlochleven) when it was overflowing?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

people still using facebook despite everything we know about how they operate. freaks me out

darthpunk
    Free Member

Trypophobia here too, there was a phone doing the rounds last year that said it took SLR level photos. The back was a mish mash of lenses and not in any uniform pattern, just thinking about it sets my beard on edge

ton

I used to have a dream about being in some deep water at the side of a very large ship.
    if I imagine that it gives me the shivers.

slowoldman

Elan Valley (or Derwent) style overflows don’t bother me but I’m not keen on bell mouth overflows.

Or silly people cycling along Collie’s ledge.

rocketman
    Free Member

my engineering brain usually kicks in saying “what if the person who maintains this thing is an idiot and left a bolt loose”

+1

Same with planes, ships, buses, hire cars/bikes, lifts etc & it doesn’t have to be an idiot.

Work has allowed me to see these things made and how they’re maintained

daviek

It was the Nokia 9 Darthpunk. It looked like a circle to me and not just spalttered everywhere but that one also set the Mrs on edge

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Avalanches.

Never gave them much thought (other than the obvious ‘they’re dangerous, I should avoid situations where I might get caught in one’) until I set one off accidentally last winter. I avoided getting carried down the back of a corrie by not much more than luck.

They properly give me the sweats now. The thought of getting trapped below all that snow and suffocating to death. Horrible.

One went off downslope of me last month. I was on solid ground on top of a ridge, the rumbling/roaring noise still sent shivers down my spine.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Once, when I lived alone I opened the draw to find a pair of forks

This gives me the heebie-jeebies.

It’s a drawer.

slowoldman

Come on I’m not the only one who remembers the Heebeegeebees.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The heebie-jeebies’ is closed to new replies.