Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The guy from here, who lived in a tent….
  • ski
    Free Member

OK, long shot….

Sorry I know its very slack not knowing your name & losing your blog address.

But I followed your blog for a while, way back, just wondering how things are now for you, was a good read back then btw.

Trampus
    Free Member
    ski
    Free Member

Thank’s Trampus
    😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahh old man torm 🙂 he doesnt live in a tent any more, been round his house and he’s got a tv and dining room table like a growdup!

ski
    Free Member

lol, good call phill

I know he did it to clear some debts or something like that.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, that’s a good idea. Caravan for me tho, not tent. That’ll cost 18,000…

philconsequence
    Free Member

sent him a link to this thread so he doesnt miss it and can come and let everyone know how he’s doing 🙂

Torminalis
    Free Member

Did it to clear debts and have a bit of an adventure, did both. Highly recommend it, though I wouldn’t suggest moving in just before the coldest winter in 30 years! The tent never did recover…

and thanks for reading! I was quite surprised how well received the blog was at the time, I would like to write something else but my life is considerably more boring now. 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

We were seriously considering putting our money into a caravan instead of paying extortionate rents here in Munich. 6months of rent + the fees would’ve paid for almost half a brand new fancy caravan.. but I didn’t know where to start organising a site.

philconsequence
    Free Member

boring?! but now i’m your friend… think of the excitement i’ve brought to your life 😈

the summer of fitness?
    me getting you into crack again?
    that wild night in scunthorpe?!

ski
    Free Member

Wow how about that for a responce, less than an hour!

So Torminalis, no more camping plans for a while then?

😉

Torminalis
    Free Member

Boring is a relative term, I have not had to chip the ice off a washing up bowl or fetch wood in my pants for some time. Boring can be good. I can keep a bike now so that is not boring, just nothing exciting enough to make my blog any different from the billion other mundane voices out there.

I thought we agreed that what happened in Scunthorpe stayed there 😐

Torminalis
    Free Member

So Torminalis, no more camping plans for a while then?

I would happily do it again (and may) but I would need to make some pretty major changes to my life in order to be able to do so.

Joe

How much should one/does one tend to pay to live in the bottom of a farmer’s field in a caravan?

Joe

roper
    Free Member

or fetch wood in my pants..

I often….oh nevermind

Torminalis
    Free Member

No idea but I managed to negotiate £150 per month for a bell tent.

Joe

£150 seems like quite a lot actually, considering I pay £270 a month to live in a big room in a big house with heating and running water.

I thought it might be like £70 odd.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Yeah, it was not nearly as cheap as I had hoped but that was largely out of a desire to make it as comfortable for my lady friend. Bear in mind though, £5 * 2 * 31 = £310 at commercial campsite costs so it was the best I could do without without camping wild and staying light and on the move.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The guy from here, who lived in a tent….’ is closed to new replies.