Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The greatest save in biking history
  • Northwind

Today was a pretty standard day in #notschladming Bike Park until Brook Macdonald decided to do this…

Posted by Creative Concept on Friday, June 13, 2014

So, how many times would you have crashed?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Don’t you just love it when your foot blows out of your clip? That is one impressive save though.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Every time, not sure about greatest save in history though…

Northwind

That’s fightin’ talk Tracker, let’s see your hero dabs

Notter
    Free Member

Not only would I have crashed I’m pretty sure is have a busted ankle as well from the first dab!

aracer
    Free Member

Just the once.

bigtimebones
    Free Member

Thats pretty much me on every descent

matther01
    Free Member

Once…amd more than likely OTB in my case.

rOcKeTdOg

Wouldn’t have happened with the right sized wheels 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Impressive as that is it’s not even remotely as impressive as Danny Hart’s ‘stay on your bike Danny!’ Moment in his world champion winning run down Champery. That will slways be THE definitive heart in your mouth moment purely for the fact that it’s was in the actual race run and everything hinged on that single moment.

beej

You said biking, not just mountain biking.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-z0Kh0pvNM&feature=kp[/video]

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    That’s fightin’ talk Tracker, let’s see your hero dabs

geetee1972 – Member
    Impressive as that is it’s not even remotely as impressive as Danny Hart’s ‘stay on your bike Danny!’ Moment in his world champion winning run down Champery. That will slways be THE definitive heart in your mouth moment purely for the fact that it’s was in the actual race run and everything hinged on that single moment.

Is obviously what I was thinking of 😉 but I have followed my (vastly more skilled) mate as he has got crossed up in parallel polished stoney ruts, lose the back to almost 90 degrees, hit a rock with the front mid crash which lifted the front out of its rut onto the crown in the middle which helped him drop it into the same rut as the rear. All without unclipping, don’t think he had the time 🙂

Might have a glance around YouTube though as well, should be fun 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

beej, excellent choice! Wish I had remembered that 😉

scaredypants

Oddly, at no point can you see the riders bollocks being blown out of his shorts with the saddle impact. Clearly they’re taped up.

PJ266
    Free Member

Some good footage here:

Vital World Cup Redux

epicyclo

My favourite is Lance Armstrong’s little bit of mountainbiking during the TdF.

Could almost forgive him everything for that one.

Rich_s

This one. Obviously didn’t/couldn’t ride it out, but it’s an impressive save…
    http://malcolmfearon.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Bliss-Images-Mountain-Bike-Archive/G0000Xe3vn5qtkaU/I0000NvJD8TCjebU

chiefgrooveguru

That is brilliant – but watch his front wheel, amongst all the chaos he steadfastly keeps it pointing the right way!

Northwind

geetee1972 – Member

Impressive as that is it’s not even remotely as impressive as Danny Hart’s ‘stay on your bike Danny!’

Nah, that wasn’t a save- he took that line expecting to slide. Which is actually more impressive I reckon.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Yeah, ride that rodeo 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The greatest save in biking history’ is closed to new replies.