Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • The great debate – 150-160mm Bikes
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker, I apologise.

Accepted. Just don’t be such a dick in future.

recommending a few (very nice) bikes with rear suspension

Did you not see the thread title? The OP? What makes you think he wants a hardtail? What sort of numpty therefore would recommend one?

_tom_
    Free Member

I currently ride a 180mm Bullit for everything apart from road and it feels a bit sluggish on up hills but it’s so much fun doing downhill and jumps on it. I’ve noticed that its making me a bit lazier with line choice and on drops though so I’ve started using my hardtail every now and then and am considering a longer top tubed HT which I can use for everything again. When I get back on the HT it feels really stiff and hard going, riding a FS all the time softens you up I think as I never used to feel this rough riding HT!

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’ve previously owned a pitch which I really liked, but now have an alpine 160 which I like more on the descents, but have yet to climb anything big on.

For me a pitch with u-turn lyriks works really well as a do it all, great bikes!

Euro
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

Did you not see the thread title? The OP? What makes you think he wants a hardtail? What sort of numpty therefore would recommend one?

Sure did read it, that’s why I suggested a Pitch. I can understand you thinking that I suggested a hardtail to the OP though. You couldn’t see the whole post ’cause I was waving my willy in your face and obscuring your view 🙄 You could read that bit again if you want. Let it sink in maybe, then call me names if it makes you happy.

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

cheesus stop flirting boys 😆

Euro
    Free Member

Sorry Dom. For what it’s worth, I really don’t think there’d be much in it for any of the bikes around the 150-160mm mark. They may ride slightly differently, but they’ll do what you want of them. Spec, value for money and warranty/back-up are the things i’d look at.

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

No worries – ST Forum is the one that most goes of tangent shall we say!

Thanks for input – I agree im sure all are capeable i guess its what there built for!! I may plump for used if im honest! Make me a good saving……Although Carbon Zesty 2012 has my eye at 2800 – Light and i guess 140mm may actually suit me better if i really think about it.

To many bloody choices and too many nice bikes!!!

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

Anyone wanna sell me a Carbon Nomad 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d have ordered the YT by now. Blingtastic and the weight and geometry look really promising.

Suspension looks very Zesty/Spicy to my untrained eye.

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

yeah so went nuts and got a carbon nomad 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘The great debate – 150-160mm Bikes’ is closed to new replies.