Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • The Grand Tour Series 2
  • milky1980
    Free Member

Starts today 😀

Will be watching it this afternoon, looking forward to seeing what changes they’ve made. At least there’s Hammond’s crash to look forwards to in Ep 1.

I know the trio polarise opinions but I would like them to succeed in making a decent show at least. Anyone else sticking with them?

Drac

The American has gone. 😀

rone

I’m guessing a Hollywood opening episode and then a drop below daytime clown TV standards.

the-muffin-man

Junkyard
    Free Member

I hope it turns out to be as boorish , mildly racist and offensive as brings you joy …just a joke dont be so touchy etc

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looking forward to it this afternoon. Work will close at 3 as its Christmas Party day (woooo 😕 ) but I won’t be cycling home, instead I’ll be streaming this with a nice cup of coffee at my desk. And then down the pub for a head start on the rest…

revs1972
    Free Member

Mays looking a little chubby around the chops

Houns

Hammond is Noel Edmonds

rickmeister

Just watched it.. James is definitely sponsored by Greggs….

Drac

He’s filled out.

Was Ok was just what you’d expect really, Junkyard will love it.

milky1980
    Free Member

Hmm, they’ve made the same mistakes that Evans made on Top Gear. Stupid gravel/tarmac track and lots of yelling. They could have made a much better effort with pretty much everything really.

Really feels like they are just going through the motions, please let it improve next week 😕

somouk
    Free Member

Entertaining enough, I fast forward the rubbish star in a car bits anyway.

I hope the rest of the series has a touch more content per show.

chrismac

Judgement will be reserved until I watch it but given how poor S1 was Im not holding my breath that they have come up with any new good ideas.

rOcKeTdOg

Can’t be any worse than series 1

Drac

It’s more like Top Gear.

RustyNissanPrairie

Brunette.

Jamie
    Free Member

I just want Chris Harris to have his own show.

Drac

Me too so I don’t have to watch him, although he did get better the last series.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Chris Harris is worst Top Gear presenter ever. Dreadful. Tries far too hard.

njee20
    Free Member

I quite like him!

I did not like S1 of the grand tour though!

Speeder

gobuchul – Member

😯

Good job we’re not all the same isn’t it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m going to cram this in on my free months subs, and watch all of Stranger Things as well.

Drac

12 episodes in a month might be pushing it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Plenty of time to watch em’ 😉

crazy-legs

Hmm, not that impressed.
    The Switzerland thing went on far too long and tried too hard to be funny. Good to see that electric car leave the other two for dead on the runway and the overall scenery was nice but the oh-so-hilarious japes have worn very thin.

The head-to-head star in a car thing, I just fast forwarded through and that seemed to go on far too long as well. Seems they’ve taken the previous Top Gear format of introducing a bit of gravel to try and liven things up a bit.

When’s new Top Gear back? With Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid it seemed to have found its feet after the awful Chris Evans.

Speeder

Drac – Moderator
    12 episodes in a month might be pushing it.

They’re only 45 mins each so that’s only 2 hrs a week.

jimjam
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member

Yes. In addition to his hateful habit of trying hard I also hate the likeable way Chris Harris speaks clearly and enthusiastically, with an obvious passion for the subject matter. I also find his extensive knowledge and expertise annoying and his superlative car handling abilities (due in no small part to his amateur racing career) make his opinions irritatingly valid.

He should stick to being the number one car person on the internet.

gobuchul
    Free Member

He should stick to being the number one car person on the internet.

I wish he would.

budgierider67

I agree that Chris Harris acts a bit different on Top Gear from his usual channel output but hopefully that will tone down with time.
    I think he is still by far the best car show presenter out there.
    As it happens he has just reviewed another electric car. A bit more practical but still seriously quick.

[video]https://youtu.be/mHhZ9jk-DrU[/video]

Drac

They’re only 45 mins each so that’s only 2 hrs a week.

Yeah true but the problem is they’re weekly episodes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sadly, in that video, Harris seems fixated by speed.

But it is a Tesla, so the Bed wetterz will love it.

timmys

I’m going to cram this in on my free months subs, and watch all of Stranger Things as well.

Sounds like you are talking about an Amazon free month?
    Pro tip; Stranger Things isn’t on Amazon (it’s on Netflix).

fossy

What’s Top Gear ?

I watched Series 2 Episode 1 in two halves – bloody family commitments. That was funny.

James needs to stay away from Greggs..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m trying out both formats over Xmas .. Netflix for the Stranger Things series and Amazon for TG2. Both free for a month and since I’m off, why not.

tinybits
    Free Member

I thought it was quite striking how old (and fat) Janes and Jeremy have got. Still the same old, which I quite like, but can’t believe they’ll keep this up for much longer

wukfit
    Free Member

I don’t think mays put on that much weight (he has a little) I honestly think it’s mainly down to the haircut

deadkenny
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    I hope it turns out to be as boorish , mildly racist and offensive as brings you joy …just a joke dont be so touchy etc

Brexit entertainment basically 😛

breatheeasy
    Free Member

One last money grab for the pension and then into the sunset?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I thought Clartson looked ill, his eyes in particular.

fossy

Clarkson isn’t well – the docs have given him a rollocking !!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘The Grand Tour Series 2’ is closed to new replies.