Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The Goodies – Kung Fu Capers voted best ever…..eh?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes, I’m not sure there was ever a best, it was all probably on very dodgy ground, hasn’t travelled well, probably not even funny beyond 1970’s, possibly why it’s never repeated, but I don’t even remember Kung Fu Capers. The Goose that laid the Golden Egg (Jack and the Beanstalk) I recall being repeated regularly in my childhood and even enjoying. Gun Fight at the OK Tea Rooms I recall being the classic episode to wait for when it was on repeats, probably mostly not funny and probably not even called that. Kung Fu Capers I don’t even remotely remember, was it the least rubbish maybe?.

nostoc
    Free Member

Kung Fu Capers:

bikebouy
    Free Member

Daily Mail readers think it’s a documentary…

CheesybeanZ

The phantom raspberry blower of old London town or something like that.

boomerlives
    Free Member

That was the Two Ronnies. Raspberries supplied by Spike Milligan

CheesybeanZ

Ooops, so it was .

Pigface
    Free Member

Ecky thump

welshfarmer

Aye, I was going to say. The only “decent” episode of the Goodies was the Eckythump one. Then I started watching the kung fu one up there and realised it was the same episode 🙂

timbog160

Gun fight and Goose were the classics and in my memory the most repeated. This does seem an odd result to me. The kitten episode was very rarely on but sticks in the memory due to the opening credits scene with the PO tower. I’m sure it was very much of its time but was no less brilliant for that, and it was far more creative than most of the s***e that’s on telly or Youtube these days…

boomerlives
    Free Member

I remember it clearly, being of that era and from Lancashire. Watching it back it’s hard to see how someone would have ‘laughed themselves to death’ over it.

The blackface is definitely of it’s period, too.

Kitten Kong is the obvious choice; does anyone have a link to that?

timbog160

Lols just realised kung fu was Ecky thump 😂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The Goodies – Kung Fu Capers voted best ever…..eh?’ is closed to new replies.