Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • the good, the bad and….
  • jd13m
    Free Member
    JAG

He made some beautiful music…. go in peace Ennio :o(

jd13m
    Free Member

wow – hadn’t realised that was one of his

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Darn. I’ve been watching a lot of Spaghetti Westerns of late and his music was so linked with the films that I can’t remember which ones actually were his.

petec
    Free Member

my personal favourite, ever since the classy “They who Dare” extreme sports programme from the mid 90s

manages to be sad, and uplifting at the same time

gecko76

seadog101

I’ll be playing TGTB+TU soundtrack on repaeat today…

theotherjonv

Hooky admits it

ebygomm
    Free Member

Our local ice cream van used to play the good the bad and the ugly. Sadly been replaced now by the match of the day theme tune

JAG

I consider myself to be an average man.

I look at someone like Ennio Morricone and I wonder what he thinks of the scope of his influence on our world. Very few of us will ever leave such a legacy and I wonder what that feels like…

1) Does it please him to think that almost everyone knows his music? (even if they don’t realise it)
    2) Does it please him that people are probably moved to tears by his arrangements? (as I am when I listen to Chi Mai)
    3) Does it please him that he made such an impact and will forever be associated with films and music that bring so much enjoyment? (I look back on the times I watched “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” with my Dad with very fond memories)

Thanks Ennio :o)

Klunk
    Free Member

a true master of his art, RIP.

DezB
    Free Member

Once Upon A Time in America is another one worth listening to.
    A legend, RIP

CountZero

The first vinyl LP I actually bought was the ‘Fistful of Dollars’ soundtrack album! Fantastic composer, my two favourite pieces are ‘Chi Mai’, and ‘Gabriel’s Oboe’ from Them Mission’.
    If there is a heaven, then he’s going to create the soundtrack to it.

Poopscoop

Chi Mai…. that was used as the theme tune to a TV series back in the day?

Anyone remember what it was?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘the good, the bad and….’ is closed to new replies.