Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Gap local accommodation.
  • Premier Icon oldfart

Got a week off in September, mate and I want to do The Gap and other rides in the area over a few days . So any decent pub type B and B s to consider in the area and what other rides to try ?

Premier Icon Saccades
    Free Member

The Gap in Ireland?

Premier Icon snaps
    Free Member

There are a few mentioned on this site https://www.mbwales.com/listings/the-gap/

Last time we stayed here in Aberdare but that was in 2016

https://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/EN/Tourism/Wheretostay/BBsGuestHouses/TheMarquisInnAberdare.aspx

Premier Icon HantsNightRider

if it still open then the White Horse Inn in Talybont-on-Usk is a great place to stay

Premier Icon 40mpg

I’ve stayed at The Star bunkhouse in Bwlch a couple of times. Pub opposite, shops & i think garden centre cafe down the road.

Easy link to Gap loop, also Black Mountains right behind which have some great riding.

Edit – The New Inn over the road also has rooms

Premier Icon timber

Star or Hart in Talybont.
    Bike wash facilities at the village hall and a bike shop in the village. More rides in the woods and hills above besides Gap and some over the river.

The Old Store House on the edge of Pencelli is also quite nice with a good breakfast, family have stayed there when visiting.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

echo the pubs in talybont on Usk 👍

Premier Icon timmys

The Old Store House on the edge of Pencelli is also quite nice with a good breakfast, family have stayed there when visiting.

I stayed there. Nice place, brilliantly eccentric owner.

Premier Icon wildc4rd
    Free Member

We have stayed at the Prince of Wales a couple of miles East of Merthyr a few times. Cheap and cheerful BnB attached to a pub. The landlord is really pleasant, the landlady resents all humans sharing her air as far as I could tell.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.