Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • the further tales of pellet fired boilers
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Link to that house please edukator?

Edukator
    Free Member

Sorry, Wrecker, it was in a TV report and I can’t find it on the Net.

Edukator
    Free Member

Not the one I was looking for but:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prqwca4iHfE[/video]

and something wild that I don’t much like much, I doubt his neighbours are impressed.

And a German one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAT38DqIWMw

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    the00
    Free Member

IMO this country needs more Passive House homes.

Bear
    Free Member

Whoa, way too much for pellets, my customers are on about 210 plus vat, if they can deliver to two of my customers might get it down to 200!

People were surprised on the course how much heat is lost to the air. Heat lossed a bungalow and made it well insulated – required about 5 kw of which 2 was to the air! This surprised most of them!

Personally I think SAP is too much based on a theory, and it is only as good as the user of the software etc.

Stoner, a pellet boilers running costs should be somewhere around half that of an oil boiler I should imagine.

TooTall
    Free Member

There is a difference in the quality of pellets and it does make a difference to the overall efficiency. I’ve just (this afternoon) done an exercise that compared two different pellets in the same boiler. There was a small difference (less than a penny) per kW but it does all add up.

We also looked at the difference in cost for blown compared to bagged and close to £100/tonne difference in mid-Wales!

Stoner
    Free Member

bear – what kind of volume delivery is getting £210+VAT a ton? 5+, or <5?

TBH, the difference between 210 and 230 a tonne isnt something Im too worried about. Bigger savings come from seasoning logs.

paul4stones

What do you do with the ash? Can it go on the garden?

TooTall
    Free Member

I don’t know what figures anyone else gets but the boiler project I was working on produced about 1% ash, which just gets widely spread and mixed in to the gardens.

Stoner
    Free Member

Pellet ash is minimal. As above, 1%, gets put on compost bay.

Wood ash is more substantial and the pan need emptying every day but I have a metal bin in the boiler room for it, and again it gets emptied on the compost bay.

paul4stones

Third emptying since January = about a bucketful. Off to the compost then 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘the further tales of pellet fired boilers’ is closed to new replies.