Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • The funny things kids say.
  • Premier Icon crankboy
    Free Member

Given that my son is adorable a child prodigy and has wisdom beyond his years everything he says is quotable but the one that makes me cringe is when he excitedly shouted “nig nog” in our exceedingly politically correct and multicultural coop . He was pointing at an in the night garden magazine with the ninkynog on the cover .

Premier Icon theotherjonv

When my eldest was little, we were buying a book for my wife’s Xmas present. Can I carry the bag she asked? Yes, I said, but we have to pay the lady first. Daughter looked suspiciously at the shop assistant and corrected me. No daddy, that’s a man. No, I insisted. Some ladies have short hair.

After a brief pause for thought – well she is an ugly lady that looks like a man.

The financial transaction was completed in silence with minimal eye contact and we left sharpish.

Premier Icon scaredypants

My eldest a few years ago, when somebody mentioned Stockton (where I grew up)
    “isn’t that the bag of skin that holds your testicles ?”

Youngest once asked my wife what a prostitute is, so the wife starts trying to explain and she says “oh, so it’s the same a a hooker, then ?”

Premier Icon stevestunts
    Free Member

The Enjoyment Regulating Authority went away for the day to lead a school trip, so I encouraged our eldest (two at the time) to do a piece to camera, which I then sent to the wife. There may have been a slight bit of coaching involved, but not a lot…

“Mummy, you’re a ballbag”

Believe me, that was not well received.

Premier Icon Xylene
    Free Member

I am lucky to have a 3.8 year old that we never discouraged from being loud.

While watching Big Hero 6 – louder than the movie – Mummy robot friend has a fat tummy like you.

I have a subcutaceous cycst on my head, too lazy to get it removed, anyway – I was dozing, when I got a tap on my shoulder – Daddy I’ve drawn a picture of you – I expected to see a bit of paper – but was made to turn around to see on the wall a very good drawing of me, and then “It’s got a bump like you”

She once glued a bottle top with pva glue to her hair to have a bump like me too.

Premier Icon chip
    Free Member

Read in one of those readers digest booklets in the dentists a section dedicated to the things children say.
    A woman wrote that while sat in a very busy but silent waiting room at her doctors surgery her very young daughter said loud enough for everyone to hear,
    “Mummy is the doctor going to shine his torch up your bum again today”

She then just wished the ground would open up. 😀

Premier Icon Smudger666
    Free Member

We took our two to the local park (the meadows at loch ore for the Fife dwellers out there) and it was smudglet’s first time being allowed out of sight – must have been only 3 or 4.

After a few minutes, me and the missus round the small hill behind which he had disappeared to find him happily swinging away on a swing. When we asked him if he was ok, he said, loudly and pointing ‘ yes – that fat lady gave me a push’

Cue a quick retreat and mumbled apologies, without eye contact!

Premier Icon beefheart
    Free Member

I was once out walking in the park with BH junior, when walking towards us was a midget.
    Just as we got level with him, BH junior called out excitedly, “daddy daddy look- it’s an Oompa Loompa!”.

Premier Icon breadcrumb

My made was in a shop with his (then) little girl and she saw a dwarf and asked her Dad-
    “Why does that little boy have a big face?”

Premier Icon freeagent
    Free Member

Recent conversation with my 4 year old daughter…

“You can’t tie birdies beaks up with a rope can you?”

“No Charlotte, you cant”

“Because you’d get in trouble with an adult?”

“Yes Charlotte, but that’s not the only reason”

We don’t see many birds in our garden these days…

Premier Icon freeagent
    Free Member

I was once out walking in the park with BH junior, when walking towards us was a midget.
    Just as we got level with him, BH junior called out excitedly, “daddy daddy look- it’s an Oompa Loompa!”.

Had very similar with my daughter in Sainsbury’s a couple of years ago. My wife stopped to talk to a friend who is a midget,
    My daughter circled her a couple of times and said “are you an Oompa Loompa?”

Premier Icon toppers3933
    Free Member

‘Why did you do that dad you bumbling oaf!’ He’s 4.

He’s got me pegged.

Premier Icon Stevet1
    Free Member

<trying to look out into the garden form the kitchen window on a rainy day>
    “Daddy – put the window wipers on please I can’t see out very well”

Cue dreams on going on dragons den to present house window wipers idea…

Premier Icon Smudger666
    Free Member

<trying to look out into the garden form the kitchen window on a rainy day>
    “Daddy – put the window wipers on please I can’t see out very well”

Cue dreams on going on dragons den to present house window wipers idea…

Take my money – just take it!

Premier Icon Clong
    Free Member

Our doughter seems to have bumps and falls every day at school and has to visit the american room. Took us a while to figure she meant the medical room

Premier Icon stumpy01

My Nan was round our house years ago when we were probably about 5 or 6 and we were ready for bed.
    God knows where she got it from, but my sister ran into the room and proudly said to my Nan “Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish” thinking it was a nice way of saying bye. She couldn’t work out why our parent’s went nuts and she got quickly herded off to bed crying her eyes out.

While working on my car at a mate’s house a few years back, we had the radio on & You Can Make Me Whole Again by Atomic Kitten came on the radio. We were singing ‘you can fill my hole again’ finding it very funny until my mate’s 6/yr old sister heard us, found it very funny and started running around the garden singing ‘you can fill my hole again’ at the top of her voice. Her mum & dad weren’t best pleased.

I taught my nephews to tell my brother-in-law “it’s not rocket science” whenever he was trying to do a job round the house, or was struggling with something. I didn’t realise quite how tenaciously little people hang onto an idea. It went on for months apparently 😀

Premier Icon lilchris
    Free Member

Youngest once asked my wife what a prostitute is, so the wife starts trying to explain and she says “oh, so it’s the same a a hooker, then ?”

On this and the whore theme.

Youngster (<10) asks what a pimp was. Before one of the adults was able to explain, an older one (13ish) piped up, “it’s like a prostitutes manager”

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

A few years back andyfla of this parish was round at ours trying to sort out a problem with our computer, as he claimed to be employed in that sort of thing.

He was struggling to find the cause and was sat on the floor next to the open PC muttering “So what is it?”

LittleMissMC helpfully pipes up “It’s a computer”

Premier Icon gecko76

“Do you want to go to McDonalds?”

“The farm?!?”

“Um, no. Sorry”

Premier Icon nemesis

A French one.

A small cousin of mine was really disappointed when we went to the supermarket Auchan – she’d been expecting us to head out to the country to play in the fields (au champs).

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

Our two five year olds yesterday – singing ‘I’m Sexy and I know It’ (LMFAO)

But they were singing ‘I’m Sixty and I Know It’.

😆

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Free Member

My boy loves the Puss in Boots film, though he says “Piss in Boots”. Makes me think of STW when he says it.

Premier Icon Pook

My little lad loves clocks and will point them out proudly wherever he sees one. It’s cute, but he never pronounces the L, so just wanders round saying ‘cock’ earnestly at people. It was funniest in the bank where the very first thing he said to the mortgage adviser who greeted us was ‘cock’.

Premier Icon mr-potatohead
    Free Member

My daughter always hated going to bed [ as she may be missing out on something ], her first words were, ” no bed, no bed ” ,unfortunately ,due to the wonders of childspeak it came out ” nobhead, nobhead ” .

Premier Icon Cougar

My daughter always hated going to bed [ as she may be missing out on something ], her first words were, ” no bed, no bed ” ,unfortunately ,due to the wonders of childspeak it came out ” nobhead, nobhead ” .

That’s one to save for the speeches on her wedding day.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

Teaching the kids to say rude / funny things isn’t the same as ‘funny things kids say’

But as we’ve entered that theme, I often make pancakes for the kids’ breakfast at the weekend. When they were little, I used to get them to give me a ‘woooaaahhhhh’ build up to flipping them. Followed by a round of applause if successful, or shouts of ‘useless tosser’ if not.

The entertainment police soon stopped that game.

Premier Icon gravity-slave
    Free Member

Good one this morning, he put on a big furry dressing gown.
    I said to the Mrs “He looks like Mackelmore!” (check the Thrift Shop video)

He jumped up and down and said “Watch Night Garden!”

?!

Mrs says “I think he’s thinking of Macka Packa, not Macklemore!”. Funny, as he’s only seen it a couple of times but must have made an impression.

Premier Icon bencooper
    Free Member

4 year old:

“I like that One Direction song!”

Starts singing “One direction, or another, I’m gonna get ya, get ya, get ya…”

I’ve never been happier to hear Blondie 😉

Premier Icon andyfla
    Free Member

LittleMissMC helpfully pipes up “It’s a computer”

great little moment

I was getting changed after swimming a while back and MIniFla asked “why does that man have boobies ?” in a very loud voice – quick change of subject needed

Premier Icon ransos
    Free Member

Three year old daughter emerged from the bathroom the other day, and announced “I’d give it 5 minutes if I were you”.

Premier Icon retro83
    Free Member

ransos – Member

Three year old daughter emerged from the bathroom the other day, and announced “I’d give it 5 minutes if I were you”.

😆

Premier Icon chomp
    Free Member

youngest had a speech impediment when he was younger and couldn’t pronounce his S’s. This coincided with him hearing from someone the phrase ‘scum bucket’

Walking around tesco’s trying not to cry/giggle while your 4 year old calls your wife a ‘Cum Bucket’ repeatedly as he couldn’t have crisps/chocolate/whatever else took his fancy is one of the hardest things I’ve had to do as a parent

Premier Icon GrahamS

My 4yo daughter has recently started letting out long-suffering exasperated sighs and saying “Ooh, for the love of Thor..” or “For Odin’s sake…”

Which I imagine causes some raised eyebrows in the distinctly mono-cultural village we live in. I quite approve.

(She’s into “How To Train Your Dragon” – which I also approve of because it is much more watchable that CBeebies)

Premier Icon bencooper
    Free Member

Not saying a such, but:

Four year old was getting wound up by her grandfather, so she ran out of the room. Ran back in 5 minutes later, and silently handed him a bit of paper that said “Nincompoop!” on it.

We also get passive-aggressive notes, sometimes in duplicate.

Premier Icon gravity-slave
    Free Member

The wee man saw my ski boots for the first time. They were sat in the kitchen after some night skiing. Anyway, he carefully inspected them with a frown, before smiling and exclaiming “robot wellies!”. Mystery solved!

Premier Icon yunki
    Free Member

My 2 year old son punctuates everything with ‘my darlin’ at the moment..

His favourite after a show of affection is ‘I love you too much my darlin’ 🙂

‘What the Dickens!?’ is a another fave in our household atm

Premier Icon monkeychild
    Free Member

My eldest was 4 at the time (last year) he really liked Disney’s The Black Cauldron. This was great until he started shouting at the top of his voice “Mummy, Daddy, I want to watch the black children!!!!”

Premier Icon vorlich
    Free Member

Robot wellies 😆

Premier Icon zippykona

One of our staff’a grandchildren enquired if a veiled Muslim lady in the supermarket was a pirate. He then proceeded to start shooting her with his imaginary gun.

Premier Icon cbike
    Free Member

“There’s a landrover without a moustache!, Most Landrovers have moustaches but that one doesn’t.”

Winches and Bullbars are the moustache. He’s right you know.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘The funny things kids say.’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.