Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • The Friday ‘Who’s riding where?’ thread
  • mk1fan
    Free Member

As I’m still introducing the OH to both riding and mtbing I’m doing an easy loop ride around Reigate Hill via Box Hill and Headley Heath. Followed by a BBQ.

Not riding Sunday as I have other plans.

Who’s doing what then?

hp_source

Tomorrow’s plan is riding from saddleworth over to Huddersfield to play/watch my company’s 6-a-side tournament, then back in time for a wedding evening do,

sunday will then involve riding to pick up my car from the wedding venue 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

My current plan is to visit Esher Shore park tomorrow and then go ride around Peaslake/Holmbury Hill, or maybe Swinley, on Sunday.

May not work out like that though.

mk1fan
    Free Member

I was going to Esher Shore on Sunday but have other plans now. Enjoyed it last Sunday. Probably go Sunday week.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Swinley tomorrow morning, working on Sunday 👿

Goodgey
    Free Member

Epping Forest tomorrow, road ride on Sunday

neil853
    Free Member

i’m taking it easy this weekend and i’m going to sort all my gear out for the mountain mayhem (camping gear/bike stuff). Reckon i’ll go for a 5-10k run saturday and sunday to keep things ticking over though

mikey74
    Free Member

I was going to Esher Shore on Sunday but have other plans now. Enjoyed it last Sunday. Probably go Sunday week.

I was there last Sunday too: Guy on the black Mythic Rune

Simon

Heading up to Glentress/Innerleithen tomorrow, staying overnight.

nicko74

Swinley tomorrow morning, marathon training Sunday. Haven’t taken the bike out for a month or more 😮 so I suspect I’ll be massively unfit and hugely unskillful…

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Croydon-Reigate Hill-Headley Heath-maybe Box Hill- back to Croydon on Saturday.

warton
    Free Member

Northern Rock cyclone sportive tomorrow(65 mies, i bottled the 100) then maybe Kielder with the missus on sunday..

And tonight going to Leazes park in newcastle centre to watch the criteriums, should be good

sharki
    Free Member

Think i’ll bimble up over the Tox in a min to explore the eastern slopes

Then tomorrow blast around the classics and try to find my lost confidence.

Sunday is on the moor of Ex

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tomorrow evening – stop off on the way back from work for another couple of goes at my sneaky new line on the Mendip.

Sunday: STW Exmoor Safari – yay!

mk1fan
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member

I was there last Sunday too: Guy on the black Mythic Rune

‘waves hello’

Trying to nail ‘Rotor Wrecker’ yes? I was on the green Cove Hustler. Had a good day there. Only been twice but really enjoying it. Will most likely be there for 11am again Sunday week. Want to be back in time for the Grand Prix though.

schnullelieber – Member
    Croydon-Reigate Hill-Headley Heath-maybe Box Hill- back to Croydon on Saturday.

We’ll be heading out from RH car park at 9ish. Green Cove Hustler and a white Cove Handjob. Say hello if you’re passing.

chakaping
    Free Member

Broxbourne tonight.

Broxbourne or Epping tomorrow.

Family duties Sunday.

Potter
    Free Member

doing the wobbly wheel ale ride tonight round ironbridge gorge
    riding pub riding pub etc etc

mikey74
    Free Member

Trying to nail ‘Rotor Wrecker’ yes?

Yup that was me: I did nail it as well, which was quite pleasing.

Maybe see you there next week too.

Dave
    Free Member

Saturday – Norland Moor/Halifax

Sunday – Hebden, Calderdale ride

Special_ized_Jamie

Cwn Carn tomorrow!

chvck
    Free Member

Going to do the medium trail from the berwyn mountain section in the trail guide on here. Here’s hoping it’s good, I’ve even found the relevant OS map….even if it is from 1974!

Kramer
    Free Member

Going to Cannock tommorrow, Darley Bridge loop on Sunday.

peteimpreza

South Cotswolds Alps tomorrow.

benjag
    Free Member

Kona mash-up and Cwm Carn.

Amos
    Free Member

Swinley in the morning, come and say hello (ginger beard on a 575)

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Saturday – Around Guernsey

Sunday – Around Guernsey again.

*SIGH*

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Saturday: High Street Lite (weather dependent)
    Sunday: Dunnerdale definitive!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Sunday, Devils Staircase & Carron Path, lunch in the ice house, then back over the DS and maybe the scree path up the Buchaille (sp?)

spacehopper

somewhere around leeds with the missus tomorrow 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Leckhamptom tomorrow

Maybe Westwoods sunday

Ginormica
    Free Member

no bike = no ride 🙁 🙁 🙁

what else do people do?!?!?!?!?

nicko74

Amos – if I see you I’ll let you know. I’m on a Cotic Soda, white Revs, er…. generally looking a bit shambolic.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Kona mash-up, hooray!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Buzz – new to you, or a product of your own?

Care to elaborate?
    😀

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i’m going to have a bit of a change this weekend – going for a run tomorrow and then riding either in the pentlands or glentress/inners on sunday.

forge197
    Free Member

Ae tomorrow and Kirroughtree or Dalbeattie Sunday

mark_b
    Free Member

No riding this weekend but Sunday we are heading north to ride Golspie on Monday and then a week of Scottish riding as we work our way south towards Newton Stewart ! Can’t wait…. 😀

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Rode the XC course at Hanchurch and heped finish marking/making the course.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

ScienceOfficer: all cheeky mate

I’ve been frustrated for a while that there isn’t a direct descent into the lower part of Burrington Combe from Black Down, unless you ride down Link Lane which is a waste of altitude.

So I was wondering if it was plausible to descent West Twin stream all the way to the road. The track branches off and down steeply from just west of the stream crossing on Limestone Link, down to the water-butt/spring. The next bit of rock filled stream bed does go but I keep stopping, through fear, at the large, slippery rocky drop/waterfall. After that, I just follow the obvious track by West Twin Swallet to the road and then the roadside singletrack to the Inn.

Now the track is popular with cavers heading for Goatchurch Cavern so you have to avoid busy times. I had to do some light, sympathetic pruning of thorn bushes in various places, and shift aside some of the larger loose rocks to make a line.

You can do repeats easily by re-ascending Link Lane. Give it go!

StuE
    Free Member

Today bit’s of Yeadon/Rawdon/Rodley, Sunday Will be doing the Trails & Ales ride which is part of Leeds bike week, meet at Grassington 10.00AM, details can be got from Chevin cycles.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘The Friday ‘Who’s riding where?’ thread’ is closed to new replies.