Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The Friday Performance and Photography Thread – A "Places and memories" edition
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, really. Some places and your memories of them, illustrated in sporting photography.

This was, I believe, taken by someone from this very parish. It just reminds me of so many great days riding and laughing with friends at Afan over the years.

The SPAM Winter Challenge. For many years, the traditional start to my MTB year, but sadly haven’t been able to make it for the last few. Wide open spaces, clear blue skies….and very often a lot of mud!

yossarian
    Free Member

So many memories, and now a testament to the perils of modernisation without control.

bombjack
    Free Member

Too many mornings spent sitting in those bubble lifts feeling like death, with the smell of rotting boots / gloves / socks / stale beer not helping the cause.
    Miss the place like hell. Don’t miss the chairlift after the bubble though.

ton

on holiday with the league of gents

feeling awesome after a great trip with good friends new and old

Pigface
    Free Member

I was there 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Summer just gone. Need more days like that.

there was cake

Sorry, not very sporty!

wwaswas

1994 Tour de France comes to Brighton;

fasthaggis

The madness excitement of mass starts

Weston beach race ,I am in there somewhere

Etape De tour , I am in there somewhere

tiggs121
    Free Member

My fitba team winning a cup.

pondo

Pigface – I was there

Respect! 🙂

Had a fantastic time at the des Nations in ’07 – lots of British ambassadors at the olympics of motocross. 🙂

Super Sic at Silverstone – glad I can say I saw him race.

Le Mans in 2010 – only time I’ve been but was just a fantastic weekend, with a fantastic bunch.

For many weekends from 2005 to, oo, 2011 or so, I’d have been watching the lads racing at the British 2 Stroke motocross championships. Great folks, fantastic racing, lots of beer, all united in the premix cause. Happy days, my friends – happy days…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Various places between between London and Edinburgh and London, earlier this year:

scuttler

I lived here (next to the green lift) for a few months. Happy days!

Eat, ski, rave, repeat, eat, ski, rave, repeat…

singlespeedstu

Pigface – Member

I was there

Me too. 😀
    Awsumest thing i ever saw when i was a kid.

Pigface
    Free Member

This brings back some brilliant memories of cycling from Vancouver to Mexico, Santa Monica on our way to Huntington cycling across L.A. was really incredible.

thepurist

I was living in a really crappy student house, had stayed up all night to watch the GP live & Mansell clinch the title, not realising that the clocks were going back that night too. Then this…

AIUI if he’d failed to control the car & crashed instead of getting onto the escape road there’s a good chance that the race would have been red flagged due to bits of Williams all over the track, so 1/2 points would have been awarded based on the previous lap’s positions and he’d have won the title.

willard

Scuttler, Sunshine Village?

Awesome place. Loved the cable car up and the long board down…

pondo

AIUI if he’d failed to control the car & crashed instead of getting onto the escape road there’s a good chance that the race would have been red flagged…

If he’d been a man, he’d have three-wheeled it back to the pits and got them to put a enw set of boots on. That’s what Villeneuve would have done. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Every summer growing up, this place was my life.

It was always sunny, there was always a lovely breeze along the estuary, there were always boats to sail (Lasers, mainly, and crewing Yawls. The Merlins used to launch off Millbay, lovely boats, lovely sight, and a lovely site!)

johndoh
    Free Member

If you know the image, you’ll know why

And closer to home

johndoh
    Free Member

And my first gig

scuttler

@willard

10/10

I worked in the hotel restaurant which meant breakfast and dinner with about 8 hours to spare in between. And the staff lift pass was valid in the whole of BC and Alberta. Woohoo!

fasthaggis

Beautiful BC

MoreCashThanDash

Johnson – I was there for that Beckham moment. Have a feeling I know the band as well….

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The Friday Performance and Photography Thread – A "Places and memories" edition’ is closed to new replies.