The French are revolting!

Home Forum Chat Forum The French are revolting!

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • The French are revolting!
  • Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

En grève!

do we think Juan has put his chestwig away for the day in a mark of solidarity?
    http://news.google.co.uk/?ned=uk&ncl=1296896985&hl=en&topic=w

RudeBoy

Go on the French!

Now they know how to deal with the ruling elite that create the mess in the first place..

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys

well, someone had to say it

5thElefant

What are they protesting about? Do they know?

RudeBoy

Why not click on the link, Elefant, and find out? 🙄

Ah, knowledge, eh? What a wonderful thing…

5thElefant

Well spotted. I missed the link. Nothing very tangible it appears, just the ‘handling of the crisis’.

they’ll roll over and give in any moment now,

5thElefant

Have they spotted some Germans?

RudeBoy

Yawn…

Anyone got any jokes that aren’t 70 years old, and that might actually be funny?

Meanwhile, people in Britain just sat in front of their tellies, moaning…

juan

Several things people are protesting about
    Most important is the 324 billions € of tax payer money the **** we french have as head of state has given to the banks.
    Then comes the endless reduction in public services.
    Then comes the fact people are getting poorer each day.

Generally it’s against the this piece of shite called capitalism really.
    And so on and so on.

juan

Not yet but I can spot a moron quite easily

I work with some frenchies, and they pointed out that strikes in france are often about morals, working practices, ethics etc.. whereas the british just strike when they want more money.

i was tempted to agree, but in the end i just told them to get on with their work 😉

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I wonder what this has cost the tax paying in lost revenue, overtime for Police and damage to property.

juan

I wonder what this has cost the tax paying in lost revenue, overtime for Police and damage to property.

Probably less than the 324 billions €.

5thElefant

Anyone got any jokes that aren’t 70 years old, and that might actually be funny?

Over 90 years old.

RudeBoy

So Juan, basically, the same sort of things that are currently going on in Britain, except that the French workers are actually making their voices heard, rather than grumbling to themselves about it?

Ah, thought so…

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Probably less than the 324 billions €.

But more than was necessary.

sofatester

Capitalism, don’t you just love it.

Now, where can I get a XTR chainset for less that £300 from?

juan

Capitalism, don’t you just love it.

Wait until a board of complete strangers decide they want more money from the shares of your company and decide to make you redundant and delocalise in china.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Are you sure that’s the French, I can’t see one cigarette, and not so much as a hint of a shrug… 😉

juan

nickc I though cigarette was a trademark of 14 year old pregnant english teenagers?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

nickc I though cigarette was a trademark of 14 year old pregnant english teenagers?

Nope that’s a bottle of White Lightning and a mobile playing crap tinny music out loud.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

touché

as they say, er, in France…

RudeBoy

Good to see the STW Old Conservatives out for their afternoon constitutionals…

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Rudeboy, does it hurt? Being wound-up as tightly as you appear to be day in day out.

RudeBoy

Erm…..
    …..Nope.

AndyP

or any that they use at the right time? Surely that’s one to post under a picture of a frenchie running away?

5thElefant

A joke’s all about timing… someone PM me when I can slip one in about ‘forming a government in the South’.

RudeBoy

Actually, where is the Good Captain today?

grizzlygus

Whatever it is, I’m sure that the money the French government makes from EDF British customers will more than cover any costs.

So you could say that British taxpayers will be paying the costs.

Yeah the French are right mugs. I bet that they look at us with real envy as we sit back whinge like ****, and do nothing.

🙄

No, that’s funny

robdob

“the French are revolting”

Finally, someone realises!

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

With reference to the Surrender Monkey jokes above, on QI the other night Stephen Fry{no less} quoted some statistical Academic study that showed France had won more conflicts than any other nation.

So why do those otherwise entertaining chaps on Top Gear bang on about the myth of the French running away all the time, which leads to little Englanders on here doing the same?

Can we not please get on with our lives rather than constantly referring back to the two world wars? {During both of which GREAT Britain didn’t exactly do that well until Uncle Sam jumped in}

AndyP

France had won more conflicts than any other nation.
    yada yada yada….statistics.
    This is only because they started more than any other nation. Breathing garlic over everybody and p1ssing in the street. Not suprised they get into a pagga or two.

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

pagga? Pagger surely

AndyP

why, is that french for pagga?

RudeBoy

What’s with the Francophobia, anyway? Should we not be trying to appease our Yerpean neighbours, considering they are the largest foreign investors in this country?

5thElefant

Can we not please get on with our lives rather than constantly referring back to the two world wars?

Don’t mention the war?

Give it another 100 years.

Premier Icon MussEd
    Subscriber

Always thought it was pagger not pagga? Coq is french for Cock apparently.

richc

juan you have to admit the French policies for pensions and job security are nuts though, and completely unworkable.

Mind you if I had similar rights I would fight like hell to keep them as they are so pro-employee and anti-employer that once they are gone they will never come back.

For example, where I work a few years ago they shut down an office in Grenoble and laid everyone off as it was no longer needed, and the redundancy packages they had to offer to all the employees in order to close down this redundant office was 3 1/2years pay, and the French employees still bitched it was too small.

grizzlygus

France had won more conflicts than any other nation.

This is only because they started more than any other nation.

So you agree that the French have won more conflicts than any other nation then ?

Good. We’re getting somewhere now 8)

5thElefant

– Gallic Wars
    – Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. [Or at ths time in history, a Roman -ed.]

– Hundred Years War
    – Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; “France’s armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman.” Sainted.

– Italian Wars
    – Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

– Wars of Religion
    – France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

– Thirty Years War
    – France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

– War of Revolution
    – Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

– The Dutch War
    – Tied

– War of the Augsburg League/King William’s War/French and Indian War
    – Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

– War of the Spanish Succession
    – Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

– American Revolution
    – In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as “de Gaulle Syndrome”, and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; “France only wins when America does most of the fighting.”

– French Revolution
    – Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

– The Napoleonic Wars
    – Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

– The Franco-Prussian War
    – Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France’s ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

– World War I
    – Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States [Entering the war late -ed.]. Thousands of French women find out what it’s like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn’t call her “Fraulein.” Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

– World War II
    – Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

– War in Indochina
    – Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

– Algerian Rebellion
    – Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; “We can always beat the French.” This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

– War on Terrorism
    – France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald’s.

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be “Can we count on the French?”, but rather “How long until France collapses?”

“Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage.”

Or, better still, the quote from last week’s Wall Street Journal: “They’re there when they need you.”

RooleyMoor

If they’re revolting, just eat the chips instead.

zokes

Can we not please get on with our lives rather than constantly referring back to the two world wars? {During both of which GREAT Britain didn’t exactly do that well until Uncle Sam jumped in}

You sure? So having forced Hitler to leave us alone and invade Russia instead after the Battle of Britain didn’t happen then? Perhaps you really believe the commonly potrayed view of Holywood WW2 then?

grizzlygus

Hehe ….. what a load of bollox 5thElefant !!!

I particularly liked :

“American Revolution
    – In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as “de Gaulle Syndrome”, and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; “France only wins when America does most of the fighting.”

🙂 😯 😀

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘The French are revolting!’ is closed to new replies.