Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • The French are revolting!
  • Stoner
    Free Member

En grève!

do we think Juan has put his chestwig away for the day in a mark of solidarity?
    http://news.google.co.uk/?ned=uk&ncl=1296896985&hl=en&topic=w

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Go on the French!

Now they know how to deal with the ruling elite that create the mess in the first place..

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys

well, someone had to say it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

What are they protesting about? Do they know?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Why not click on the link, Elefant, and find out? 🙄

Ah, knowledge, eh? What a wonderful thing…

5thElefant
    Free Member

Well spotted. I missed the link. Nothing very tangible it appears, just the ‘handling of the crisis’.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

they’ll roll over and give in any moment now,

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have they spotted some Germans?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yawn…

Anyone got any jokes that aren’t 70 years old, and that might actually be funny?

Meanwhile, people in Britain just sat in front of their tellies, moaning…

juan
    Free Member

Several things people are protesting about
    Most important is the 324 billions € of tax payer money the **** we french have as head of state has given to the banks.
    Then comes the endless reduction in public services.
    Then comes the fact people are getting poorer each day.

Generally it’s against the this piece of shite called capitalism really.
    And so on and so on.

juan
    Free Member

Not yet but I can spot a moron quite easily

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I work with some frenchies, and they pointed out that strikes in france are often about morals, working practices, ethics etc.. whereas the british just strike when they want more money.

i was tempted to agree, but in the end i just told them to get on with their work 😉

Drac

I wonder what this has cost the tax paying in lost revenue, overtime for Police and damage to property.

juan
    Free Member

I wonder what this has cost the tax paying in lost revenue, overtime for Police and damage to property.

Probably less than the 324 billions €.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Anyone got any jokes that aren’t 70 years old, and that might actually be funny?

Over 90 years old.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

So Juan, basically, the same sort of things that are currently going on in Britain, except that the French workers are actually making their voices heard, rather than grumbling to themselves about it?

Ah, thought so…

Drac

Probably less than the 324 billions €.

But more than was necessary.

sofatester
    Free Member

Capitalism, don’t you just love it.

Now, where can I get a XTR chainset for less that £300 from?

juan
    Free Member

Capitalism, don’t you just love it.

Wait until a board of complete strangers decide they want more money from the shares of your company and decide to make you redundant and delocalise in china.

nickc

Are you sure that’s the French, I can’t see one cigarette, and not so much as a hint of a shrug… 😉

juan
    Free Member

nickc I though cigarette was a trademark of 14 year old pregnant english teenagers?

Drac

nickc I though cigarette was a trademark of 14 year old pregnant english teenagers?

Nope that’s a bottle of White Lightning and a mobile playing crap tinny music out loud.

Stoner
    Free Member

touché

as they say, er, in France…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Good to see the STW Old Conservatives out for their afternoon constitutionals…

nickc

Rudeboy, does it hurt? Being wound-up as tightly as you appear to be day in day out.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Erm…..
    …..Nope.

AndyP
    Free Member

or any that they use at the right time? Surely that’s one to post under a picture of a frenchie running away?

5thElefant
    Free Member

A joke’s all about timing… someone PM me when I can slip one in about ‘forming a government in the South’.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Actually, where is the Good Captain today?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Whatever it is, I’m sure that the money the French government makes from EDF British customers will more than cover any costs.

So you could say that British taxpayers will be paying the costs.

Yeah the French are right mugs. I bet that they look at us with real envy as we sit back whinge like ****, and do nothing.

🙄

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

No, that’s funny

robdob
    Free Member

“the French are revolting”

Finally, someone realises!

MussEd
    Free Member

With reference to the Surrender Monkey jokes above, on QI the other night Stephen Fry{no less} quoted some statistical Academic study that showed France had won more conflicts than any other nation.

So why do those otherwise entertaining chaps on Top Gear bang on about the myth of the French running away all the time, which leads to little Englanders on here doing the same?

Can we not please get on with our lives rather than constantly referring back to the two world wars? {During both of which GREAT Britain didn’t exactly do that well until Uncle Sam jumped in}

AndyP
    Free Member

France had won more conflicts than any other nation.
    yada yada yada….statistics.
    This is only because they started more than any other nation. Breathing garlic over everybody and p1ssing in the street. Not suprised they get into a pagga or two.

MussEd
    Free Member

pagga? Pagger surely

AndyP
    Free Member

why, is that french for pagga?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What’s with the Francophobia, anyway? Should we not be trying to appease our Yerpean neighbours, considering they are the largest foreign investors in this country?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Can we not please get on with our lives rather than constantly referring back to the two world wars?

Don’t mention the war?

Give it another 100 years.

MussEd
    Free Member

Always thought it was pagger not pagga? Coq is french for Cock apparently.

richc
    Free Member

juan you have to admit the French policies for pensions and job security are nuts though, and completely unworkable.

Mind you if I had similar rights I would fight like hell to keep them as they are so pro-employee and anti-employer that once they are gone they will never come back.

For example, where I work a few years ago they shut down an office in Grenoble and laid everyone off as it was no longer needed, and the redundancy packages they had to offer to all the employees in order to close down this redundant office was 3 1/2years pay, and the French employees still bitched it was too small.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘The French are revolting!’ is closed to new replies.