Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • The Force Awakens…
  • IHN

I have just realised how sad I am to know all of this stuff! I need to get a life

It would appear you’re not alone…

Cougar

As phil said; when the Flat of Rat took over they basically said “all that guff you’ve been doing since 1983 is no longer canon,” just the films and anything new from here on in. Bit like JJ did in the Star Trek film, think Alternate Universe / Timeline if you like.

for sure i see the following surprises in the film
    Yoda as a Force Ghost
    Obi Wan as a Force Ghost (your telling me Ewan McG wouldnt do a little piece in this movie him being a big fan of SW)
    Han dies at the hands of an evil Jedi
    The tie fighter scene with the falcon – its not what it first appears, too easy a storyline to have the Empire back as it was just without the emperor….

Out of that lot I’d say killing off Han is a cert. Ford’s wanted then to kill him off since Empire, IIRC that’s what the Carbonite business was all about.

At what age is it socially acceptable to introduce my boy to Star Wars?

Google “Machete Order” before you do. TL;DR, watch 4, 5, 2, 3, 6.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I reckon Hans will be in this one and the next, you know to ensure the fanboys and the MEH’s turn up to the cinema, then and only then they will kill him off. By then the old school and now new school followers will have almost forgotten/gotten over the loss of Hans.

VAMO

😛

Cougar

Is this some sort of Die Hard crossover I’m not aware of?

The-Beard

I am cautiously optimistic. Against my better judgement considering the let down the last time, but the trailer looks good, the sets and costumes look proper Star Wars. I was dreading seeing the aged Han Solo but I couldn’t help but get excited when I did.

Only 8 months to go…

oldnpastit

They need to do a lot better than that. Too much disappointment in the past. Prometheus didn’t help either.

martinhutch

Considering the director destroyed Vulcan in the first hour of his first Star Trek, pretty much annihilating the timeline of much of what ‘follows’ it, I confidently predict that Star Wars fans will be licking their wounds after this one.

I like both his Star Trek movies though – bring on the lens flare!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

On another forum, they deduced that the engine the millennium falcon flies in to chased by the tie fighter is a super star destroyer crashed upside down

Cool

anagallis_arvensis

“We’re back” they are going to do some time travel stuff arent they.

jimjam
    Free Member

Needs more Jar Jar, more flying Jewish rat/lizard slave traders and more incest.

BoardinBob

it makes perfect sense for that to be luke’s old lightsaber anyway; it was presumably in the star destroyer after his hand was cut off on bespin

😕

Bespin and a star destroyer are two completely different things/ places.

jekkyl

pause it at the bit where you see what is presumably is a stormtrooper and there’s a strange sign behind him, a red sun with a blackoutline, a new sith army?

I also predict Han Solo will die, I reckon Ford said ‘yeah yeah okay I’ll do the first one but kill me off and make it good’

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Needs moar metal bikinis.

I dont think it will be the same without the rebels on the run from a strong empire and the imperial march or that 80’s mad max vibe. Getting to much of a Hunger Games vibe from the trailer.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Purely speculation but story could possibly be Jaina / Jacen and dark side antics. My first thought was that the girl was Jaina so Jacen would be the logical other. This would also be before 25ABY. Wondering who the storm trooper is, maybe this guy?

BoardinBob

Watched it again hitting pause a lot. Some observations!

Darth Vader’s helmet is on a plinth type mount. Possibly recovered and revered by the new “apprentice”

Hand that reaches out to R2DR is robotic/ prosthetic so presumably old Luke

The lightstaber is handed to a girl (long fingernails)

New sith’s mask is very samurai influenced

Stormtrooper and red flag scene is on a Hoth type planet. Also a noticeable figure in black standing on the platform

Tie Fighter scene looks like the loading dock of a death star

Shiny black suited storm trooper = the new Boba Fett???

The hand offered to the black character is the left hand. Luke lost his right…

I’m such a nerd…

Cougar

Hand that reaches out to R2DR is robotic/ prosthetic so presumably old Luke

Yup, I thought that too. The posture feels right for Luke too, reminds me of Hamill in Jedi.

One other thing I just spotted; the crashed X-Wing at the beginning, that’s the classic design, is it not? Which would imply that the new film redesigns are some sort of actual in-story Mk II affair rather than a retconned “this is what they’ve always looked like” a la Star Trek. Which is pretty cool.

The lightstaber is handed to a girl (long fingernails)

They both look like girls to me. Leia and daughter?

EDIT: just checked back, Luke’s saber is handed over as Luke(?) says “my sister has it” – implying that the woman on the left is Leia?

Did Leia become a Jedi? 😯 That’d be pretty awesome, I can totally see Carrie Fisher swinging a lightsaber about.

gonzy
    Free Member

just checked back, Luke’s saber is handed over as Luke(?) says “my sister has it” – implying that the woman on the left is Leia?

Did Leia become a Jedi? That’d be pretty awesome, I can totally see Carrie Fisher swinging a lightsaber about.

just seen an article that hints that this may be the case. in that narrative clip luke also says that “his father has it”…which some are taking as darth being still alive as it wasnt mentioned in the past tense. this may be the case but it was also mentioned that this piece of narrative was taken from one of the earlier movies and was not changed…
    either way i cant wait

squirrelking
    Free Member

Pretty sure she had some sort of Jedi training in the EU but could be wrong.

Mk2 X-Wing is probably a Second Civil War XJ6 model as opposed to the T-65 varient seen in the first war.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:X-wings

Also, Annekin lived on as a force ghost, so could be considered alive.

mogrim

Also, Annekin lived on as a force ghost, so could be considered alive.

After all that geekfest it’s a bit of a letdown that you don’t know how to spel Anakin!

ads678

I want to watch all the star wars’s with my son who’s 6, but what order do we watch them in. Being 38, I obviously saw them in the order they were released (although I haven’t seen the last one) but do I show them him in timeline order? Which is bestest?!?!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sorry, was getting confused with mannequin as opposed to manakin

verses

ads678 – Member

I want to watch all the star wars’s with my son who’s 6, but what order do we watch them in. Being 38, I obviously saw them in the order they were released (although I haven’t seen the last one) but do I show them him in timeline order? Which is bestest?!?!

Would George Lucas Approve of the Star Wars Machete Order?

jekkyl

A snow covered planet, an army and a leader of some sort on the stage.

A new baddie!

anagallis_arvensis

EU

?

dragon
    Free Member

If it’s anything like any of JJ’s previous films it’ll be fine until the last 30 minutes when it’ll all turn to utter farce.

EU – European Union, they are big part of Star Wars, all that trade agreement stuff that’s them 😆

brassneck

Is this some sort of Die Hard crossover I’m not aware of?

<nods appreciatively>

Well played sir!

edhornby

EU – expanded universe, but I can’t see JJ abrahams worrying too much about plot from these as well, he’s got enough continuity to deal with from all the other films…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Haha was just going to say that, the biggest problem with all the Star Wars films is the massive **** off plot holes!

back2basics
    Free Member

am still worried about that “knights of the round table” style lightsaber – seems gimmicky…

Cougar

do I show them him in timeline order? Which is bestest?!?!

Cougar – Moderator

Google “Machete Order” before you do. TL;DR, watch 4, 5, 2, 3, 6.

portlyone

Leia did become a Jedi in EU, eventually.

The pilot, Poe, must be Corran Horn in one of his aliases right? Right?

Cougar

You know, if everyone read the whole thread before posting it’d be a much more consistent conversation.

There is no canon EU pre-Disney.

portlyone

There is no canon EU pre-Disney.

The pilot, Poe, must be pilot. 😐

squirrelking
    Free Member

I did but just because it isn’t canon doesn’t mean there isn’t similarity.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Now, I’ve been burned by episodes 1-3, and other awful shite like, oh I don’t know, for some reason the word ‘Prometheus’ leaps all too easily from the keyboard when I try and think of something to embody the phrase ‘awful shite’.

But Han ****ing Solo!

That is all.

Edit:

jekkyl – Member

A new baddie!

Lady GaGa?

Northwind

I done a nerdgasm.

back2basics
    Free Member

hmmmm seems the plotline might be more simple than i thought,
    The Empire split into post-war-factions (hence the stormtroopers and tie fighters fighting each other in the docking bay in the trailer) with the biggest faction called “The First Order” which also contain the new darkside Forces….

and the rebels are still…………rebels

hmmmm i guess they are following the kinda fall of the Communist regimes….

Drac

On another forum, they deduced that the engine the millennium falcon flies in to chased by the tie fighter is a super star destroyer crashed upside down

I thought that was pretty obvious given you seen it fly into it.

“We’re back” they are going to do some time travel stuff arent they.

“We’re Home” As they’re standing in the Falcon.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Indeed, definitely a Super Star Destroyer. Definitely not Executor.

Also, those are XJ variant X-Wings, engine intakes are a dead giveaway. Those are (sorry Cougar, non canon reference) of the Second Galactic Civil War era as I said before so would tie in with factions and such.

Bear in mind also that a number of Imperial forces surrendered so it’s not inconceivable that they are allies.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘The Force Awakens…’ is closed to new replies.