Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Flying MIllyard
  • uponthedowns
    Free Member

Imagine waking up one morning going into your shed and deciding to build a motor bike around a 5 litre engine you built yourself from part of an aircraft engine! I think this guy was born too late. He needed to be working in the world of Spitfires and blower Bentleys.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Love his videos. No CAD there. Just cardboard and ply cutouts.

When he does the counterweight part by eye. Of course it ends up perfect 🤣

paton
    Free Member

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I posted something similar a couple of weeks ago. The bike is utterly bonkers but the guy’s a genius.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

That’s just brilliant.

Carb doesn’t work very well? No problem, I’ll just make a new one from some bits of pipe 😧

stwhannah
    paton
    Free Member

kayak23

I’m not convinced his phone calls aren’t staged. He doesn’t wait long enough from dialling to be put through and talking. 😉

I’ve seen the flying Millyard up close at a couple of custom bike shows and seen and heard him taking it up Prescott hill climb.

Amazing. Such a clever bloke. Can’t believe he doesn’t have a ‘proper’ workshop, as in bigger.

single07
    Free Member

weird. i just stumbled accross this the other night. via a vid about his downhill bike.

he amakes it all seem almost doable…

martymac

That’s always the sign of someone who is ultra intelligent, they make complex engineering and mathematics seem totally straightforward.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’m not convinced his phone calls aren’t staged. He doesn’t wait long enough from dialling to be put through and talking. 😉

I don’t think he dials enough numbers, either. I suspect foul play 😜

Brilliant videos though – such a clever bloke.

TheDTs
    Free Member

His videos are a bit like the Ogmios Zen driving ones, very calming😀. Clever bloke.

paton
    Free Member

tillydog
    Free Member

Best phone call so far at 6:32 here

icic
    Free Member

I have ordered the like button!

bob_summers

Grand stuff. It’s the little things he does like chain drilling and filing big holes, angle grinding camshafts while standing on them on his lawn, or chopping up engine blocks with a hacksaw! Precision engine components like con rods cut out by eye.

Thought that phone had a Nike sticker on it for a moment

failedengineer

He’s now a regular on the Motorbike Show, another of Henry Cole’s ‘mates’. Last night it showed him standing on his small workbench to kickstart a Z1 engine he’s ‘just’ added a couple of extra cylinders to. No exhaust – what a noise!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The Flying MIllyard’ is closed to new replies.