Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The fat downhill dropper equipped eBay special
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

There’s so much going on there!

i don’t know why, but the aspect that’s caught my eye is the gripshift grips positioned in bound of the main grips,  but aren’t functional.

ampthill

But no front brake?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WTF is going on with those grips?

Oh…hold on…

It’s in Nursling. Explains a lot.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I think my favouritest bit is the sticker on the rear shock shaft…

perchypanther
    Free Member

I especially like the mismatched rim tape on what appears to be Voodoo Wazoo wheels.

I’m gettin’ me a bottle of Tipp-Ex to pimp my tyres up like that.

funkmasterp

What’s happening? There’s too much going on for me to make out. So much purple

warpcow
    Free Member

It’s almost more terrifying how prolific this guy is than the individual bikes. Seems like so much time and work put into them and for what?

jkomo

Looks like photo is in a pawn brokers, so he probably doesn’t own it.

Im sure I’ve seen it appear before, unless those tyres are a thing.

vincienup
    Free Member

They seem to be breeding…

bigwill
    Free Member

This flies in the face of the phase ‘the whole is greater than the sum of all its parts’

Goldigger
    Free Member

The fact that it’s a 21 inch and is fitted with a shimano TZ21 7 speed cassette…im out!

tomhoward

Yeah the seller has form. I like to think he’s an eccentric millionaire who builds up the most ridiculously specced bikes to see how bad he can make them and still sell them to someone else…

pinetree
    Free Member

“The fact that it’s a 21 inch and is fitted with a shimano TZ21 7 speed cassette…im out!”

That’s what puts you off it? just that?

Goldigger
    Free Member

And the yellow braided hoses, come-on theme here is purple..😀

dove1

The hand-painted chain is most excellent.

plus-one

My head and eyes hurt a lot :/

kayla1
    Free Member

The tyres are similar to an oddball black and white, jackshafted, cranks-on-backwards type thing with two rear brake calipers working on the same disc photographed in the same place a year or so ago…

scud
    Free Member

The thing is that must have cost some money to build?

Reminds of a motor insurance claim we dealt with at work, our engineer went out to inspect a 2 year old Corsa and came back with a valuation of the vehicle about £3.5k less than we expected it to be worth with the comments “just wait til you the images”!

The young lad had a fronted policy where he was clearly driving it in mum’s name, they had spent £5.5k on a 2 year old top of the range Corsa, then proceeded to paint it…….with house paint and a paint brush and had attached a full bodykit to it, with wood screws!

monkeyboyjc

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>But no front brake?</span>

It was sold about 3weeks ago with the front brake. Buyer/original seller has resisted it with different photos and no front brake.

It sold for £2.5k! !!!!!

cookeaa

I can’t help wondering how people fund such nonsense in the first place.

I mean I’ve owned some pretty shonky bikes in the past cobbled together from ebay tat and CRC specials and even those were costly enough at the time for what they were, these Max power-esq “Fantasy Rigs” always seem to have the shiny anodizing and paint to indicate newer parts have been used even if they’ve been built from a mixture of blingy and far-eastern pig metal parts some moron has thrown cash at it…

Peoples taste is their own I suppose, but grub screw collars on the bars? why not go the whole hog and attack them with a drill?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Someone needs to take that outside and humanely shoot it.

hols2
    Free Member

Business seller information

North End Retail Ltd

Barry Taylor

35 Cranmer Drive

Nursling

SO16 0TD Southampton, Hampshire

UK

Complete information

Company registration number: 8068873

VAT number:

GB 153006746

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It has to be the same ‘builder’!

hols2
    Free Member

The Bicep Edition M55 Terminus is one of the most exquisite and rarest ebikes on the market. Made from space grade aluminium and carbon fibre, its a beautiful looking bike packed with an array of CNC machined perfectionism.

When you unleash the 2000W motor in ‘Off-Road’ mode, the bike will reach a flying speed over 40MPH. For on road use the bike is limited to 15.5MPH via a dongle that reduces the power outlet to 250W. It is then classified as a normal bicycle.

The bike has been regularly maintained by an avid E-Bike collector and is in perfect condition.

The bike has covered 1250 miles and cost £38000 new in 2013.

This is a rare chance to own this iconic e-bike. Research and development spanned across 7 years, and they built the best e-bike they could possibly build, budget aside.

The M55 Terminus is a tour de force, easy to be proud of with its custom fabricated with ultra high performance components. It was arguably was the most advanced ebike on the market when it was released in 2011. Available in 5 different models, each edition limited to just 55 bikes, these are individual and unmissable.

During the development and construction of these bikes no expense was spared to improve the bicycle experience. A radical take on what can be achieved on 2 wheels, the Terminus comes with a 2,000 watt motor, the brushless geared mid drive motors offer vast silent power. Sold with two keys, one limiting speed to 17 mph for street legal usage and an unlimited key making the M55 with the top motor selection capable of speeds up to 50 mph, this speed is matched by Hope Tech V2 Evo hydraulic disk brakes making sure you can slow down when you need to. Combining this power with rider input, the M55 boasts a maximum pedal assisted range of up to 75 miles making this dual function bike the ultimate in both downhill racing and green commuting.

dove1

It sold twice in January apparently – on the 12th and then the 19th.

It had a front brake and a far more attractive orange chain then.

teamslug
    Free Member

Didn’t Prince sing ‘Purple Chain’  !

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Oh my god my eyes, I can never unsee that apparition, I live down saff but I’ve never seen such a sight near anything muddy and please god let me never see one … please.

Imagine the ride, old tech suspension, big tyres, motion sickness anyone?

Reminds me of playing Moonlander …

James

lister

There are 2 bolts missing from the direct mount stem…!

Goldigger
    Free Member

Imagine the ride, old tech suspension, big tyres, motion sickness anyone?

Imagine the amount of white sticky letters that will be left behind it.

Speeder

It can only be art.

The man (assuming) is an artist.

Reminds me of this

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Of course it is ridiculous. However could I just borrow it for 1 run … just one …… just to experience it.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘The fat downhill dropper equipped eBay special’ is closed to new replies.