Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So did it rain or did it stay dry and boring? I switched off after 2 laps, will it be worth watching the highlights later , or was it dry and dull all the way?

slackalice
    Free Member

Dry and dull. 😐

back2basics
    Free Member

i like f1, but even that was quite dull – seems the fears of the new rules causing chaos and issues are a little unfounded – its a little early in the season yet though to think merc are going to dominate…

tightywighty
    Free Member

lap time analysis up on f1fanatic.

Lewis had 0.8 over Nico on their fastest lap.

Jenson Button, a former teammate of Hamilton’s at McLaren, thinks Sepang on Sunday was a psychological as well as an actual victory for the 28-year-old. “Looking at what Lewis did is going to hurt (Rosberg) a little bit. He was super-fast,” he said. “That is a lot to put between you and your teammate when you have both had a clear race. I am sure that is strike one to him,” Button added.

link

nice to see Button doing a bit of shit stirring 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

Just watched this on iPlayer, great to see a victory for Lewis Hamilton! Very happy with that result. Shaping up to be a good season (for Hamilton fans 😉 )

back2basics
    Free Member

mmm theres 2 things to consider for Lewis’ win. yes he drove great but
    1 – less engine mileage on that one in his compared to rosberg
    2 – rosberg happy to cruise around and consolidate his points – this early in the title no need to hammer the car round to challenge someone who is on form in this race.

if lewis wins the next 2 or 3 races on the trot, then for sure he’s got it dialed in and in the title hunt,
    there is a long way to go yet

Massa – so why didnt he “not” pull over for Alonso, Schumacher, and the rest ???? why grow a pair now Massa – perhaps because you bring a lot of money to a team without it, unlike before.

thepurist

No comment on today’s news about Schumi’s condition? Even Gary Hartstein seems more positive. Maybe the news about Massa disobeying team orders shocked him back into consciousness?

back2basics
    Free Member

“massa, schumi is faster than you”

shermer75
    Free Member

Very satisfying to see Vettel go out in P2 there 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Bottas kicks massa’s arse as predicted 😉

Vettal will currently be engineering a fault on Ricardo’s car…

FeeFoo
    Free Member

What a fantastic race! Best for ages. Loved every lap.
    Go Lewis!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Yeah have to agree , best race for a long time 😀

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Ricciardo going past Vettel too. Fab.

hora
    Free Member

10sec lead before safety car?

Kept his head under Nico attack?

Looks like hamo is nurturing/finally growing his natural raw speed advantage.

racefaceec90

bbc just now “if you don’t want to know the result look away now”

reporter then SAYING “another win for lewis hamilton!” WTF 👿

the-muffin-man

IMO that’s Hamiltons best ever race.

To keep Rosberg at bay at the start, then coolly build a 10 second lead that would have given him the win, only to see it wiped out at the end. Then to hold 1st while Rosberg was all over him on faster tyre – just stunning.

And how quick is that Merc – they’ve been playing with everyone else in the first two races! Nearly 2 seconds a lap faster at the end than anyone else.

And to top it off Ricciardo beats Vettel in a clean fight.

JCL
    Free Member

Hamilton might have the edge in raw speed but I still reckon they’ll be nothing between those two at the end of the year. Rosberg is a clever kid.

Really enjoyed that race. Cracking drive by Hamilton and some great racing/overtaking

Klunk
    Free Member

the rest of the field will have to raise their game a lot or this will the most one sided championship ever. 7 seconds lead in 2 laps after the safety car restart !!!!

tightywighty
    Free Member

Brilliant race, Crashtor Maldonardo should have got a harsher punishment though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good result for Hamilton.

Hope he drops the American accent though.

jools182
    Free Member

Good drive, completely ridiculous accent

Stop it Lewis. It’s irritating

The engines sound bobbins too

back2basics
    Free Member

rosberg saved the team from a double dnf cos lewis was OTT in defending. he had the mindset of not letting him past at all costs…

where was the medical car / safety team for that flip?

mclaren, no sponsor, no pace, no finishers

ferrari have about 4 more races before heads will roll
    . hello ross, ferrari calling , weve signed vettel, please come back

mikey74
    Free Member

That race was almost MotoGP exciting. Definitely the best F1 race I have seen for a long time

mikey74
    Free Member

rosberg saved the team from a double dnf cos lewis was OTT in defending. he had the mindset of not letting him past at all costs…

It’s called “racing”.

Pook

I’ve just gone on Facebook to find someone has tagged me 2 hours ago in a photo of Lewis winning – despite them knowing full well I was watching at 10, them having asked me if that was the case. WTF is that all about?

Cracking race. I was bouncing on the sofa!

johndoh
    Free Member

Back2basics don’t be silly.

It is motor racing . The driver with the slower tyres was able to stop the driver with the quicker tyres – the better driver won with no doubt.

Amazing race.

johndoh
    Free Member

#pook – me to. Jumping like a loon.

Pook

Do you think the stupid droopy nose flipped Gutierrez?

Mintman
    Free Member

No, for me it looked like Gutierrez’s rear wheel tried to roll over Maldonado’s front wheel and that caused the flip.

Do we think the new noses are structurally strong enough to lift a car enough to initiate a flip? How much of it is thin carbon fibre for aero/cosmetic reasons that would collapse quite easily under those sorts of loads?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

back2basic

On the Mercedes that is motor racing, LH didn’t do anything reckless Rosberg just could pull off the moves that many other drivers were able to do.

On McLaren Button was heading for a 3rd of 4th place finish before the safety car came out and his clutch went boom, KMag had his clutch issues since the end of quali which is one of the reasons for slower performance.

I think you are right about Ferrari I think heads will roll

matt_outandabout

Caption?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

“One of us is going the wrong way here”

JCL
    Free Member

I dunno a couple of times Rosberg was alongside and had to back out when Hamilton cut across the track.

That said, Nico was lucky with the safety car.

matt_outandabout

“Maverick to iceman, did you give him the bird?”

hora
    Free Member

Sooooooo why didnt Lewis get investigated then? Who were the Stewards this time? Ex-racing drivers or expert JCL?

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Upside down you’re turning me
    You’re giving love instinctively
    Around and round you’re turning me

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Myth busting backwards upside down overtake fails abrubtly when tunnel finishes.

ekul
    Free Member

Oops, upside ya head i said oops upside ya head…

JCL
    Free Member

Sooooooo why didnt Lewis get investigated then? Who were the Stewards this time? Ex-racing drivers or expert JCL?

I think the Stewards probably were shocked that team mates were actually really racing to think about anything.

I don’t think it was crazy on Hamiltons part, just a bit much at this stage of the season.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.