Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • hora
    Free Member

I dont like him anyway. He looks like an odd smug cream-coloured Oompah Loompah.

pondo

TBF he didn’t give the time up (and there’s no rule to say you do), HL caught back up again over the following couple of laps because he was consistently two or three tenths/lap faster at that point in the race. DC was openly saying that although Rosberg didn’t gain a place he certainly gained time by missing the corner.

😳
    Aaa, fair play, I gotta give you that – thought I’d seen somewhere that he backed through one and two.

back2basics
    Free Member

yup Nico did slow in T1 and T2, its been shown on the data and his statement after the race. so he knew what he was doing.

KonaTC

Lewis Hamilton has been spotted this week visiting Ferrari’s Maranello

The report said Hamilton was simply in town “to enrich his substantial collection of Ferraris” — probably the ultra-rare ‘LaFerrari’ supercar.

Linky

Would love to Lewis and Alonso battle it out in a Ferrari 😀

back2basics
    Free Member

awww poor ferrari loosing and so want a big meeting for the “good of f1”
    ie. we want to win again and have lost Newey as he’s staying with RBR and we are also losing Alonso next season.

what about all those hundreds of meetings in the past Ferrari where teams were trying to make F1 better and you just blocked and blocked and blocked cos you had the best outfit.

payback!

back2basics
    Free Member

jeeez now they are talking about standing starts after a safety car period for 2015.
    there is a whole myriad of issues on that, as well as safety.

why not just force them to all line up and restart every 15 laps of the race, that way it can “look” more exciting…

Pigface
    Free Member

why not just force them to all line up and restart every 15 laps of the race, that way it can “look” more exciting…

Works in NASCAR and Indy. . . . . debris in turn 3 😉

legend
    Free Member

Why be subtle when you can just throw out a “Competition Yellow”

back2basics
    Free Member

yeah exactly guys, its like some kind of really painful process for them to actually think of the “show” first…. unlike most american racing series.

KonaTC

Williams 1st and 2nd, Massa on pole, while Hamilton make 2 mistakes and qualifies 10th.

Bring on tomorrows race

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Awesome to Williams at the front 😀

richmars

Hamilton make 2 mistakes and qualifies 10th.

9th.

And Rosberg saying he had to lift off because of Hamilton spinning.
    BBC Report

jota180
    Free Member

The Mercs didn’t look so dominant on the options this weekend, at least on their first flying lap.

Watching the GP2 race, overtaking may be tough
    Best opportunity looks like a slingshot out of turn 1 and stay right if they can get level(ish) and stay there, do it in 2

back2basics
    Free Member

What I think it does show is that TeamMercedes has not the best mechanical or aero car as the out and out power and integration of the turbo,kers and drive train of the engine and car on sucha short lap does not provide such a massive advantage, williams have shown they have a great overall package.
    I think the Team mercs will in the overall race dominate.

lewis mental and championship challenge begins to unravel, expect a bump and nose change and toys throwing from him tomorrow…

thepurist

Hamilton was up 4 tenths before his first mistake. The mercs are still the ones to beat but its advantage rosberg this time. Great to Williams rising back to the top again – and they probably haven’t seen the full benefit of their organisational changes yet.

back2basics
    Free Member

nico won, no questions, no dodgy stuff, no reliabilty issues, he just out n out beat lewis.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Hamilton is mentally weaker than Rosberg ….

thepurist

Am I alone in wondering whether “strat 6” has anything to do with rosberg being car #6? A Mercedes multi 21? Nah, its just an engine mode and they really were racing to the end with marginal brakes…

mashiehood
    Free Member

It made no sense in both cars racing to the finish line, they were both marginal on cooling and brakes.

Still a long way to go + double points at the last race. Also remember, Hamilton has been in the thick of Championship battles before, this is a first for Rosberg.

I still think Lewis will come out on top, but just imagine what Alonso could do with some decent kit. A driver who is at the top of his game, let down by his team.

back2basics
    Free Member

yeahhhhhh cos there always has to be a reason for lewis to be behind cos he’s the best yeahhhhhh

back2basics
    Free Member

Alonso is prob. thinking the same thing, the prime of his career and he’s been let down my Ferrari – it all went wrong when they lost Brawn.

Alonso will be at McLaren next year anyway.

thepurist

Noticed that McLaren have agreed with RB that Prodromou will start with them in September this year – that should be early enough to have an influence on the detail of the 2015 car if not the overall concept. If Honda deliver on power and Prodromou delivers on aero, and they have a decent driver line up, they might just be contenders…

nemesis
    Free Member

Trouble with McL is that they don’t really seem to understand why they made two bad cars (or the decent car the year before that worked better than they expected). Until they do that, they’re not going to make a decent car unless they’re very lucky..

pondo

lewis mental and championship challenge begins to unravel, expect a bump and nose change and toys throwing from him tomorrow…

*Applauds*

back2basics
    Free Member

F1 gets the standing starts after safety cars.
    lets corrupt the pure racing show even more….

scotroutes

Great 🙄 Can you imagine the number of accidents the “first corner” will see now as some of the drivers make a kamikaze move?

back2basics
    Free Member

aye.

and then you’ll get another safety car, and another restart………….

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I love the fact that the lack of money means they all sell out to create a show to drum up more money via tv rights ( Bernie’s deep pockets).

I thought racing was a sport and not a show.. if I wanted to watch a show I’d turn over to wwf wrestling.

Its a last ditch attempt to generate more revenue in a declining market. The show doesnt have to go on and sooner or later the fans will come to realise it.. Unfortunately there isnt an alternative formula ( maybe formula – E)

dragon
    Free Member

Is there now not a threat of engines overheating and/or stalling on the grid, plus low tyre and brake temperatures for the first lap? Seems and odd decision, just for more excitement for the viewer.

Trimix
    Free Member

The pay per view TV auction creates a lot of problems. They over pay for the rights, then to sell the package they have to attract more and more views, who are skint at the moment. So they try to spice it up.

If it was on normal TV there wouldnt be the demand for daft spectacle from the TV companys who are chasing views who dont have money.

andytherocketeer

banning tyre blankets was also on the table too, so low tyre temperatures and pressures would be a normal day at the office.
    The fact that they may have been a contributory factor to the last F1 fatality is neither here nor there.
    Low brake temps is normal at certain circuits (Silverstone is one iirc) on lap 1.
    Stalling on grid is catered for. They go around.

back2basics
    Free Member

” contributory factor to the last F1 fatality “
    no that was the badly welded steering wheel.

i am assuming the cars all parade around the SC as normal, then when the car comes in they all pull up at the grid positions with the lights above on red, and must wait until lights go off

of course this is one of those teams/FIA rules that have been totally underthought out…..
    what if the cars at the back or anywhere in the field are slow to take up the positions (so they will introduce another rule to stop that)
    what if a car accidentally misses the grid slot (another new rule to penalise driver 5 seconds if that happens)
    what if a car stalls/cuts out? (another new rule that means the start will be abandoned and cars will slowly leave the grid and the SC will come out again and they all trundle around until the stalled car can be moved)
    and the list is endless.

quite frankly, serious injury will happen, blame game will start, rule will be abandoned

speaking of abandoned rules, they are getting rid of the new nose cone introduced this year

sigh. f1.

andytherocketeer

what if a car stalls/cuts out? (another new rule that means the start will be abandoned and cars will slowly leave the grid and the SC will come out again and they all trundle around until the stalled car can be moved)

there’s already a rule for that. they go around, and retake positions on the grid, while they remove stalled cars to the pitlane.

what if a car accidentally misses the grid slot (another new rule to penalise driver 5 seconds if that happens)

pretty sure there’s already a jump start rule+penalty 😉
    cars will line up much the same as they already do after the warmup lap. may seem like an age to the guys on the front row. what if they take up their positions slowly at the start fo the race? 😉

organdonor
    Free Member

Yeah, but skid plates that spark.
    How exciting is that?!

F1?Whacky Races

richmtb

Its a bollocks rule change.

Safety cars are already a major factor in the outcome of races. Leaders can potentially lose dozens of laps worth of lead they have built up.

Throw in a standing start and it becomes a lottery.

thepurist

So who’s off to Silverstone? Looks like a mostly dry weekend so hard to see past the mercs for a change. It’d be great for the championship if Lewis can take the win. Hope Williams can show a bit of pace again too. As for kolles buying into Caterham… Doomed I tell ye, doomed!

back2basics
    Free Member

finishing grid : Nico, Massa, bottas, alonso
    lewis in the gravel – blames teammate/management/god/something in his eye/brakes/car/girlfriend/tyres/racism/mclaren/alonso/schumacher

pondo

Lewis is due a good un, I reckon – Lewis, Nico, Valeri, Felipe. Got friends going to their first ever GP, jealous.com, hope it stays ice for em. 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

As for kolles buying into Caterham… Doomed I tell ye, doomed!

And the ex Caterham TP Cyril Abiteboul appointed as the Renault F1 boss
    Lotus ditching Renault for Merc next year.

It’s all kicking off 🙂

the-muffin-man

Red Bull to build their own engines (/sidestep the rules!)?…

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/06/25/red-bull-set-to-take-over-viry-and-design-new-engine-for-2016/

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.