Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 2,074 total)
  • The F1 2015 thread…
  • thepurist

b2b fuel runs are only usually the last half of fp2, and even if mchonda are a bit light on fuel I’ll wager they’re still not getting as much out of their pu as the other teams. Honda knew what they needed to produce and I very much doubt they’re far off the others on a dyno, but that’s a bit different to being packaged inside the car. Unfortunately by the time they’ve got the installation sorted they’ll have blown through too many pu components and get hit with grid penalties…

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

is it just me that thinks everytime rbr moan about competitive engine they are angling for another manufacturer to come in ( eg audi). They wont commit unless Bernie disappears so maybe its a way to remove the dwarf and get other engine manufacturers in to replace the privateers.

It gets a bit tiresome listening to the hairbrained ideas he comes out with that the majority of the paddock that disagree with him.

Klunk
    Free Member

merc not having any team order is doing themselves a disservice burning up tyres racing each other.

back2basics
    Free Member

so Q over – nice to see the McL Hondas improving…. 😉

the-muffin-man

…closer to the mid-field though. Give it two or 3 races! 😀

fr0sty125
    Free Member

McLaren were between 0.5s and 1s a lap faster in qualifying compared to Malaysia that’s a decent gain hopefully like Malaysia race pace will be better.

igm

Happy with today – it was a different strategy for us today in Q3, going only once on used set.
    – Vettel

Does that mean he’s got an extra set of fast tyres for the race?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I thought both Ferraris went out on new softs in Q3.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s difficult to know, but vettels final lap did seemed to be a “new set” time for a ferrari. Anyway vettel did 5 more laps than the mercs. Also did Lewis make any obvious mistake on his last flying lap ? could have been a scrubbed set too.

the-muffin-man

Morning all!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Morning

I nodded off, have I missed anything (it appears not)?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

lol “can you go faster?”

Pook

This is cracking. Lewis is in complete control

Klunk
    Free Member

Kimis pit stop was well impressive seemed like he didn’t even stop!

Klunk
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

instant bag of nails !

retro83
    Free Member

nemesis – Member

They have plenty of power IMO. As for bigger tyres, they look cool but they’ll likely mean less overtaking IMO – what happens when it rains? You have less mechanical grip and get better racing…

I think you have that arse about face! When it’s wet their aero doesn’t work anywhere near as well (partly because wet/inters raise the ride height), so it levels out the field.

BTW They’ve tried high downforce/low mechanical already. We ended up with (admittedly cool) cars looking like this:

…and no overtaking due to the dirty air in their wake.

So in 2014, they went the other way. Reduced aero. What happened? Much closer racing down the field.

Bigger tyres would also increase the tow effect on high speed straights and help with overtaking.

Klunk
    Free Member

very impressive stuff from lewis, fastest 1,2,3 practice and qualifying lead from start to finish he’s added “doin’ just enough” when needed to his raw pace.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Hamilton is on another level compared to Nice. Great final stint by Alonso. Nice moves from Max. Vet needs to look out for Kimi.

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m not convinced by McLaren’s ‘progress’. Their lap times throughout remained in the 1m 45-47secs, even as the fuel load decreased in the latter stages. They, of course, will be celebrating that they managed to get both cars to the flag.

Shame about the safety car in the closing laps, it looked like Kimi was on for taking third. Would Ferrari allow that? 😉

fr0sty125
    Free Member

slackalice – Member
    I’m not convinced by McLaren’s ‘progress’. Their lap times throughout remained in the 1m 45-47secs, even as the fuel load decreased in the latter stages.

Well if being about 0.5 – 1 faster than the last race as not progress thend I don’t know what is.

Klunk
    Free Member

Nico seems to have completely lost the plot in the post race press conference.

hora
    Free Member

Didnt see it, what happened?

Blaming Lewis for his tyres? Why not try to catch and overtake him then. Like a RACING driver would.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Klunk – Member
    Nico seems to have completely lost the plot in the post race press conference.

totally agree… Looks like a broken driver…

hora
    Free Member

I said this earlier in this thread. Theres more to Lewis’s talent than just the driving. As a complete newbie he mentally took on a twice world champ.

Klunk
    Free Member

Didnt see it, what happened?

milky1980
    Free Member

Agreed on Nico being a broken driver who’s only response is to moan. He was 2.5 seconds away from Lewis at that point!

the-muffin-man

Like a RACING driver would.

^ This.

Not a chance Lewis would be happy to sit behind Nico if the gap was that small, he’d be all over him trying to force a mistake.

KonaTC

Nico Rosberg was second and later accused team-mate Hamilton of trying to back him up into the chasing Sebastain Vettel – a claim Hamilton denied.

Looked like it to me and interestingly Hamilton managed to pull away from Rosberg later in the race. Hopefully it will be the kick up the arse Rosberg needs to up his game.

hora
    Free Member

Just watched the press conference. Lewis looks disinterested/mind elsewhere? I bet he held back from saying the obvious when Nico said ‘Lewis backed me up’. Just. After Lewis countered again I wondered if Vettel was going to add something…

Lewis said one word ‘exciting’ or enjoyed. That was a carefully used word. Very subtle.

Never ever heard a driver say that. Only ‘blocked’. Its almost like Nico darent overtake or try to now, what the **** on his thinking.

Nico up his game? He darent overtake lewis. Hes no longer a championship contender/material, hes a domestique.

Racing drivers should be selfish whilst thinly hiding it. He lacks killer instinct of a champ. Vettel let it slip last year when he was told to let a team mate through. ‘Tough’.

hora
    Free Member

How Nico conducted himself was deeply uncool. Out of his depth?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just finished watching the highlights…. can we get rid of Rosberg now? He serves no purpose and all he could come up with was
    “I was severely compromised blah blah blah”
    “Hamilton was nasty wah wah wah”

I’d love to hear what Mr N Lauda has to say in private – there again he usually get straight to the point without any bull which is why they like interviewing him so much… he tells it as it is without the blubbing of little jack horner.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve got a hunch on a racing driver. It doesnt fit with the James Hunt bird-shagging. In a few years lets revisit this.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I didn’t see Rosberg trying to overtake Hamilton, so I’m not sure how his race was ruined? But, I fell asleep during the highlights, so, maybe I missed it ! 😉

Pook

Hora, what the bloody hell are you talking about?

back2basics
    Free Member

McLaren are not going to be upping their positions anytime soon, i still maintain my IMHO on 1 more race for Ron before questions will be asked.

As for Nico – i’m firmly of the belief that there are team orders with regards to Mercedes overtaking, The race for them is determined by Qualy, i think we’ll see this if Nico (ever) out Q’s Hamilton- so i think Nico was complaining that Hamo was going slowly knowing that Nico was not “allowed” to overtake.
    When the Constructors is secure they may be allowed to race if the WDC isnt decided by then.

having said all that, and having backup up Nico before as I thought he had a promising career, he has not really developed at all from where he was 5 years ago – and now he’s starting to remind me of Rubens.

Bez

Things you never heard a world champion say, no. 2,068:

“Tell the one guy who I’ve got to beat that he needs to go faster, because if I get within 2.5 seconds of him my tyres will go off.”

Farcical comments. Every race he makes it clearer that Hamilton’s completely broken him.

Max, though… there’s a touch of Senna there: putting his car where the other guy chooses whether or not to have a collision. And with panache.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

https://vid.me/zZDl

Ooohh the tension. Had to laugh at the response from Lewis half way through (even Seb had a cheeky grin), as said above if the shoe was on the other foot you could bet your house Lewis would have put a move in.

shermer75
    Free Member

Things you never heard a world champion say, no. 2,068:
    “Tell the one guy who I’ve got to beat that he needs to go faster, because if I get within 2.5 seconds of him my tyres will go off.”

Nail on the head. Just how was Nico hoping to get past Lewis exactly?

shermer75
    Free Member

I think it’s fair to say that that probably isn’t going to be the most exciting race of the season, so here’s a list of the things I found fun to watch:

1) Max Verstappen nailing inch perfect overtakings, everytime, despite being younger than the Spicegirls movie. How long before he replaces Daniil ‘elk jaw’ Kvyat at Red Bull (assuming that there still a Red Bull!)?
    2) Pastor Maldonado driving all over everything in sight (and sometimes even the track)
    3) Nico spitting his dummy out.
    4) Playing ‘spot the Marussia’. We’re going on to the 4th race of the season and I don’t even know what colour their car is!

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 2,074 total)

The topic ‘The F1 2015 thread…’ is closed to new replies.