Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 2,074 total)
  • The F1 2015 thread…
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Mclarens out in first qualifying, denis will not be happy.

jota180
    Free Member

They’ve always known they wouldn’t make Q2 so I doubt it’s much of a surprise result

Klunk
    Free Member

McLaren are about four seconds off the pace. That time gap for McLaren is the equivalent of a 250bhp deficit. But how much is engine and how much is chassis?”

jota180
    Free Member

I think the systems are a big workload for them ATM.

Klunk
    Free Member

turned out to be 5 seconds a lap. Lewis should lap him(jenson) before lap 20!

jota180
    Free Member

Good to see the red cars confirmed as pretty much as fast as the Willys
    If RB get on top of their issues (which you’d expect) it will make for some interesting racing

hora
    Free Member

When will the Vtec kick in yooo?

No wonder Alonso threw himself into the wall

Still they should lockout the back of the grid. Honda’s first 1-2 finish at the start.

dannybgoode

I think NR will be smarting a bit from that slap in the face from Lewis. Awesome lap, quicker that the last of the V8 era cars.

Nice to see Massa up there also asked would have been Williams 3 & 4 had Valteri not fluffed his lap.

hora
    Free Member

Ouch Nico. Destined to be Mark Webber of Mercedes?..

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I hope G vD g got paid to drop his action.. Seems a nice chap and I hope he gets a drive somewhere.
    I thought Vettel did well in the ferrari.. could alonso be eating his words about vettel’s 4 championship titles?

jota180
    Free Member

VdG (his backers) are -apparently- owed €7.8m

That hasn’t changed, they’ve come to some agreement not to push the issue this weekend, but the issue and legal action are still there.

jota180
    Free Member

Bottas looks like he won’t drive tomorrow

Susie Wolff is the dev driver but I don’t think she’s been in the car this weekend so unlikely to deputise, shame.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Might not even be a two horse race this year judging by this

Only one team in it and looking like only one driver as well.

nemesis
    Free Member

She didn’t take part in qualifying so there’s no way she could have raced. Shame as it’d be interesting to see how she went in full race conditions. By my reckoning she’s capable of a reasonable result if not up to the standard of the top drivers.

back2basics
    Free Member

I do wonder if Alonso has a get-out-cos-the-car-is-sh*t clause?

Button playing the corporate line, but, you cannot hide the times, McLaren are in serious serious trouble and 5 seconds is something that they will not be able to make up with no real in season development AND testing allowed.

is anyone taking bets on Alonso not racing for McLaren for more than 1 race this season – i’d put a tenner on it!

I also stick by my statement that if its a bore-fest at the front (even more this year if Lewis is trampling Nico) there will be some knee jerk reactions from Bernie/Ferrari/RBR/FIA after 3 races.

Sauber look like a team reborn – car looks like its stuck to the track, and i love the colour scheme too!

jota180
    Free Member

She didn’t take part in qualifying so there’s no way she could have raced

It’s possible to race without having taken part in quali but would need to apply to the stewards under a unforeseen circumstances case.
    However, as she didn’t do any Friday running they are unlikely to allow it.

nickc

FIVE seconds 😯

crikey!

mutley

his ridiculous tache is slowing him down

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

My missus reckons Button looks like George from George and Mildred with that crap ‘tache.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Bottas looks like he won’t drive tomorrow

How come? Haven’t seen this yet!

EDIT: Never mind, caught up now! Would be good if Wolff gets a go. Who’d be ahead of her in the queue for the drive if they run 2 cars without Bottas?

Klunk
    Free Member

my guess would be over heating, means mchonda can’t run the engine at full tilt, it was a problem for all the teams last season and add the over ambitiously tight engine cowling to help their blown axle work and they’ve got a problem.

the-muffin-man

Button playing the corporate line, but, you cannot hide the times, McLaren are in serious serious trouble and 5 seconds is something that they will not be able to make up with no real in season development AND testing allowed.

They can develop the engine and have admitted it’s running in a de-tuned format due to overheating of certain elements. I have faith that they’ll be top 10 runners by mid-season.

The basic car looks decent enough.

jota180
    Free Member

Who’d be ahead of her in the queue for the drive if they run 2 cars without Bottas?

She’s the only other driver there, she won’t get the gig though

my guess would be over heating, means mchonda can’t run the engine at full tilt

Honda have already said that’s the reason, they don’t want to risk losing a unit whilst getting things sorted so they’ve turned it down

back2basics
    Free Member

“not running at full tilt”

jeez guys come on, you believe anything McL-H are spouting out these days, of course they are going to say that THEY KNOW THE REASON, to keep BigBoard Members Happy, potential Sponsors and current Sponsors happy – they are NOT going to say
    “well because we built a crappier engine than the others due to the fact we have not been in the sport for ‘x’ years unlike them, and so it will take us about 3 years to get to the front” – the money peeps would jump ship and Sauber would have more sponsors on their car

EDIT: — and ANY manufacturer would prefer to have the cars in the top 10 and blowing engines half way, then run around getting bloody lapped
    even if they used up the full allocation of engines and had to put in a new one every race, the most they would get is 10place penalty, and it would STILL be higher then where they are now if they Q’d 6th or 7th

jota180
    Free Member

It’s obvious from the rpm they’re spinning them up to that they’ve turned them down.
    No idea what other power reductions are going on.

KonaTC

Ron isn’t a fool; he is in this for the long game.

I predict the McHonda won’t be at the back for long 😀

pondo

Ron is a fool.

I’d love it if Renault just went “f*** you Horner/Marko” and withdrew their engines.

maxtorque

It’s worth noting that Mercedes High Performance Engines (HPE) started work on their 2014 powertrain in mid 2010. They had the best engine last year pretty much because they had been working on it the longest. Mclaren/Honda were always going to be playing the catch up game. The interesting thing is not that they are behind at the start of the 2015 season (which was inevitable) but how quickly they can catch up. Knowing quite a few of the people working on their powertrain this year, i don’t think it will take them that long once the initial running experience is gathered

skiboy
    Free Member

Mercedes AMG high performance Powertrains

Who’s up at 4.30 to watch it, or are you playing media roulette to not hear the result? Think I might get up around 7 and not turn anything on except the recorded show.

andyl
    Free Member

gonna record it and then play it back over breakfast without listening or watching any news before.

milky1980
    Free Member

No Sky so will be out on the bike in the morning to avoid any news then watch the BBC highlights over lunch. Then it’s mother’s day duties.

5 seconds off the pace in qualy. If they turn the engine down a bit more for reliability (and make it to the end) McHonda will be lapped 4-5 times by the leaders. They could also be lapped once by EVERYONE ELSE 😯

slowoldman

My missus reckons Button looks like George from George and Mildred with that crap ‘tache.

Dreadful isn’t it? I can’t believe Jessica is impressed.

the-muffin-man

Good morning!

Klunk
    Free Member

will button make it round the parade lap ?

the-muffin-man

will button make it round the parade lap ?

With only 15 starters he may score points if it keeps going!

the-muffin-man

Down to 14!

the-muffin-man

13!

Pook

Go nasr!

the-muffin-man

Hmm – perhaps F1 needs more teams!?

The powers-that-be need their heads banging together to make F1 a lot cheaper to enter.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 2,074 total)

The topic ‘The F1 2015 thread…’ is closed to new replies.