Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • The England game…………….
  • Rochey
    Free Member

In a word RUBBISH.

Green should be shot!!!

your thoughts please.

alwyn
    Free Member

Has the world cup finished yet?

jam-bo

I went for a ride. It was nice.

enfht
    Free Member

Is it just be or does the incessant horn blowing sound like a massive swarm of flies?

anokdale
    Free Member

Typical, kick of 1930 the Yanks turn up at 1941 and steal the show,

Yeah rubbish, overpaid douchebags

grunty
    Free Member

ITV HD should be shot for going to an advert 3 mins into the game just before england scored their goal

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Rochey… its hasnt been a rubbish game, clearly. There's been tons of exciting moments, highs, lows, so rubbish is a bit incorrect 🙂

As for Green, if it makes him stronger for the oncoming games, then i dont mind. Everyone makes mistakes 🙂

Dancake
    Free Member

ITV HD should be shot for going to an advert 3 mins into the game just before england scored their goal

wasnt just my Telly then..Still boring though

grunty
    Free Member

search twitter for #itv to see the slating they have been getting over the coverage

redthunder
    Free Member

Chuck your flags away 🙂

sm500
    Free Member

just got back from ride, who was playing?

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon someone in the ITV control room was watching the feed and thumped the table in excitement when England scored, accidentally hitting the advert button 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

dull dull dull

roll on august

Rochey
    Free Member

GSuperstar, sorry but I don't agree with you at all, if there were exciting moments I must have been watching a different game.

We should have won easly and shown then how to play the game.

anyway theyare all overpaid girls.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Thought England were gonna spank yanks early on. Can't see it going well when they play somone decent. Think positive eh!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Happy tbh, thought we played reasonably well. Lack of centre half pace a concern, as is gerrards booking. Thought heskey and Wright phillips did surprisingly well, wanted Cole tho. Still a bit pissed of with commentator mentioning us getting to the final in the first **** game. Moron!

billybob
    Free Member

Heskey missed a sitter – but set up Gerrard's goal, so… I have no idea what that means – think Rob Green would've come off if we weren't burning substitutes on injuries.

Edric64
    Free Member

You don't sub a keeper for one mistake.Gomez was shite at Spurs to start with but turned into one of the prems better keepers last season

trinity1
    Free Member

was great speaking from sunny scotland

Ti29er
    Free Member

At best, a work-man like performance.
    USA were excellent in defence and goal.

England always start badly, it's a rule, a bit like the first 1/2 in the FA Cup Final – don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

On that performance, just hoofing the ball up-field or continually passing it back to the keeper (anyone tell me why?) – can you honestly imagine what a mess it'll unravel to reveal once England come up against any South American side with flair, passion, close-ball skills and some of their wonderful over-lapping play?!

I feel many head-in-the-hands moments on the horizon if they don't adopt Terry's policy of wearing long stockings & doing his shirt buttons up; and someone please tell the players the words to our National Anthem!

Hairychested
    Free Member

It was an awful game of football. No pace, no passion, no nothing. Should've been Crouch instead of Heskey and Jo Cole instead of SWP all the way. And please, can England play with a goalie not a muppet? Green looked scared and very green.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Crouch instead of Heskey? You can't have been watching when heskey set up the first goal and then proceeded to win almost everything in the air. Granted, he should have finished when clean through. I'd have agreed before the game, I like Crouch, but Heskey did do a good job.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Crouch tends to be hit by a ball that then goes in to the net, Heskey ensures it doesn't.
    I don't doubt Heskey's big heart but he can't score for toffee.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I agree with RichPenny – I thought Heskey was one of our best players

konabunny
    Free Member

ha ha ha hahaaha hah

trailmonkey

I thought last night showed just how important Barry is to the side. Gerrard and Lampard both played well but were forced to limit their games in order to cover the space that Barry does, this meant the whole shape of our side was compresssed limiting our passing options and with Rooney hardly ever in the game. Heskey played well but I don't think that Crouch would have been incapable of doing what he did and Crouch is certainly more capable bearing down on the keeper, Heskey's chip into Howard's arms was embarassing. The most astounding decision of the night was to include Milner. He looked out of it from the start but given that he's had the sh1ts for 3 days it's hardly suprising.
    All in all, it's tournament football and a point in the first game against a side ranked 14 is more than good enough. I'd hope to see a little more ambition from Lennon next time around and we'll certainly have a better shape and move the ball around better with Barry back.
    Not the worst start we could of had.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I'm not surprised by the blamegame in the media but, jeez, it wasn't just Green out there. Heskey missed from a position my 7 year old could have scored from. SWP? And how did Dempsey create time and space to have a speculative shot? Not because of Green.

Sure, he dropped a howler but at least it's out of the way.

Disappointing draw in the first game of the group stages? Meh. So it goes. Slow starts are no bad thing. I'd have been a bit more relaxed if England managed to play with a bit more discipline and shape tho'…

Hairychested
    Free Member

To put it in perspective Germany, Brasil and Spain need to draw their first games too.

molgrips
    Free Member

dull dull dull

roll on augus

F*** OFF THE FOOTBALL THREADS PLEASE!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well said, Molgrips. And so gently they MIGHT understand.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We will qualify now – just need to ensure we bag a few so our GD is better than USA. Disappointing not to win but it was more important not to lose.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

At least we didn't lose to the yanks.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Green should be shot!!!

!? It's only a game!

enfht – Member

Is it just be or does the incessant horn blowing sound like a massive swarm of flies? I likened the noise to a swarm of drunken wasps.

alwyn – Member

Has the world cup finished yet? Regrettably not!

wrightyson
    Free Member

To molgrips and the rest! You **** off!! Don't read and certainly don't feel the need to post on something you have no idea or nothing worthwhile to say about! Go ride your bikes in heavy traffic!! I get **** sick of people moaning about the football threads on this "chat forum"! The clue is usually in the title of the thread!!!
    And breathe.
    I'm a little upset by the peformance you see!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Molgrips isn't anti-football! You have misread his post!

grumm
    Free Member

Typically, we scored too early then didn't have the confidence to go on and finish the game off – looked nervous throughout much of the game. Pretty dull – no great surprise though. 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I was only annoyed with how many bloody replays they had,
    and how many times we had to see the Coachs shouting in slow motion, missed half the game because of it.

Green made a mistake and delt with it well, we didn't NEED to win, just need win the group.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, wrightyson, I am pro-football.. but I can see how my post would be mis-read. I meant john drummer should f*** off the thread, not that the threads should f*** off. I love the world cup 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What was the score?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Apologies molgrips! I was feeling a little sensitive!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘The England game…………….’ is closed to new replies.