Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The end of MotoGP on the telly?
  • boblo
    Free Member

So no more free to air after the end of this season. Boo f ing hoo 🙁

BBC sells out MotoGP coverage

sc-xc

Not really ‘sells out’. More like ‘didn’t bid as much as BT’

5thElefant
    Free Member

No mention on continued eurosport coverage.

Hopefully motogp.com will still have a pay feed.

cupra
    Free Member

Well that is a shame but it won’t make me get BT TV or any other paid for service over and above the TV licence. On second thoughts I can see the TV licence going in the not too distant future. Hardly watch TV these days but MotoGP and more importantly Moto2 and Moto3 on the red button 🙂

binners

Am I right in thinking that if you’re a serious sports fan, and wanted to watch the Moto GP, Grand Prix and Premiership football, you’ll now need a subscription to Sky Sports, ESPN and BT.

What would that lot com in at?

mikey74
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking that if you’re a serious sports fan, and wanted to watch the Moto GP, Grand Prix and Premiership football, you’ll now need a subscription to Sky Sports, ESPN and BT.

What would that lot com in at?

My Sky package includes all of those as I get Sky Sports and Eurosport.

ComradeD
    Free Member

You can still watch it BBC online. How many people have ipads, laptops etc. No big deal

binners

Aha… what does that cost mikey, if you don’t mind me asking?

spawnofyorkshire

Am I right in thinking that if you’re a serious sports fan, and wanted to watch the Moto GP, County Cricket, Pro-Cycling and Premiership Rugby, you’ll now need a subscription to Sky Sports, Eurosport and BT (includes ESPN).

FTFY

5thElefant
    Free Member

You can still watch it BBC online. How many people have ipads, laptops etc. No big deal

This season. Not next season.

MSP

It’s ok, they still have Wimbledon, golf and the boat race.

mikey74
    Free Member

Aha… what does that cost mikey, if you don’t mind me asking?

I think it’s around £40/month, but then again I do have a fairly complete package (fnar fnar), the only exception being the movie channels. I don’t get ESPN, either.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what does that cost mikey, if you don’t mind me asking?

His soul and his self respect

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmmmm nope: Still intact.

So you get BT sports on sky? If not I can see Moto GP losing sponsors due to the reduced viewing

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s just the UK market. Not that they have much in the way of sponsor these days.

MSP

I don’t think there is much targeting of the UK market with motogp sponsorship.

mikey74
    Free Member

So you get BT sports on sky? If not I can see Moto GP losing sponsors due to the reduced viewing

No, although you do get ESPN if you pay extra. MotoGP is shown on Eurosport, which comes with most packages, so as long as it stays on that it’ll be fine.

jimster
    Free Member

It’s ok, they still have Wimbledon, golf and the boat race.

[pedant] Thought the Boat Race was on ITV this year?[/pedant]

Gunz
    Free Member

Just so I have this right – as of next season I can’t watch Moto GP without paying over and above my License Fee?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

MotoGP is shown on Eurosport, which comes with most packages, so as long as it stays on that it’ll be fine.

Can’t see BT shelling out for it if it’ll also be available on a basic sports package 🙁

br
    Free Member

I originally got Sky in the early 90’s so I could watch World Superbikes, and just accept its a cost to watch ‘my sport’.

But, I reckon I get better value out of my circa £500 paid to Sky (which includes 2 remote devices) than the £150 paid for the BBC – based on channels/programmes watched by family and I.

rewski
    Free Member

It’ll be free with BT Broadband

buck53

Eurosport well most likely still cover it, just on a delay as at the moment.Eurosport is currently part of news package on Sky, so only costs the pound a month for that package.

I got a massive survey from Sky last year about all the possible options for watching BT Sport, ESPN etc so will doubtless be available on Sky platform in one way or another, only question is at what cost?

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’ll be free with BT Broadband

For a year…

jamiea
    Free Member

I’ve watched a little of the Giro coverage on Eurosport and the Sky highlights package via the Cricfree.tv stream and I can’t beleive the amount of bloody adverts! I thought paying £hundreds a year would mean you see hardly any, hey ho- I’ll be even less inclined to pay for satellite or cable tv from now on!

Cheers,
    Jamie

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Is the price of the government freezing the TV license for 5 years the beeb ditching premier motor sport?
    I’d have gladly paid an increased lisence fee of it meant they’d have kept on the f1 and moto GP 🙁

hels
    Free Member

It’s the only sport I watch on TV !!!! Nooooo !!! Oh hang on, I have a BT Vision box. Was planning on cancelling it as I loathe and despise BT so much, but they may have just redeemed themselves.

legend
    Free Member

Paying to view versus no more Charlie Cox……. it’s a tough call!

bhmartin
    Free Member

The BBC coverage was pretty bad though.I remember when Eurosport lost their coverage there was a petition that caused Dorna to continue Eurosport to continue coverage with just the Moto gp race delayed.I have been watching bike racing on Eurosport since 1991 and it is still the best.

eugeo81
    Free Member

I prefer the Eurosport coverage too. I will not miss the commentary from Steve parish and Charlie cox on BBC thats for sure! I bought a years subscription on Motogp.com this year, the commentary from Gavin Emmett and the new multiscreen is pretty good and cheaper than a BT subscription.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I prefer the Eurosport coverage too. I will not miss the commentary from Steve parish and Charlie cox on BBC thats for sure

I think they’re great personally. The Eurosport coverage is pants IMO.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Hopefully it’ll still be available next year. It may get locked out for the uk depending on what the deal was.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

You don’t need TV anymore. I watch all the major sporting events I’m interested in a day or 2 later on YouTube when some kind soul uploads them.

Motogp, F1, Motocross GP, AMA Supercross. Admittedly the motocross and supercross are a bit niche but at least I don’t have to pay for Sky or a TV licence for that matter.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘The end of MotoGP on the telly?’ is closed to new replies.