• This topic has 103 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • The "Edinburgh Defence"
  • wwaswas

A concise summary for the uninitiated?

TJ – he argued, rode a tandem and used a traffic cone as a crud catcher.

eightyeight
    Free Member

TJ – he argued, rode a tandem and used a traffic cone as a crud catcher.

Wwaswas can you pen my epitaph please?

swavis

He’s gone, get over it. If you want to argue/agree with him some more he’s still on facebook 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

TJ goes into orbit?

I’m all about the classics.

wwaswas

We won’t see his like again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is anyone selling a Volvo?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

TJ: Highly abstract in his logic, highly tenacious in his argument and highly amusing to watch from the outside of an argument, but his ability to push buttons combined with said tenacity and ‘interesting’ logic caused issues.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Is anyone selling a Volvo?

You?

Jamie
    Free Member

I miss tags. Never again will we see the likes of some of the mega-tag-a-thons of yore.

nickc

Some of the tags were genius 😆

I miss tags as well

Kevevs
    Free Member

Bring back TJ! ah those were the days. Never ending threads, just would not let it lie! He’s got a bugbear with Edinburgh council atm. God help ’em LOL 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I miss tags. Never again will we see the likes of some of the mega-tag-a-thons of yore.

*Shares*

Jamie
    Free Member

heh.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I don’t know what’s better – those tags, or the fact that Jamie saved them for posterity.

I miss TJ, for what it’s worth.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TagLOLZ!

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t know what’s better – those tags, or the fact that Jamie saved them for posterity.

I should add, I didn’t have them saved, just dug them out with Google-Fu.

All pics link back to original threads, tho.

*shoots self in face*

Pigface
    Free Member

I can see one of my tags in there 😆

Where did the Volvo for sale Tag come from?

Jamie
    Free Member

Never piss off a Marin owner…

eightyeight
    Free Member

Why does it make me laugh so much that his post history includes a thread “http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-your-marin-quakes-pics”?

Enjoying the use of Big Hitters as collective noun.

Jamie
    Free Member

Last one…

Northwind

Whoever wrote TOX should have a blue plaque put up on their house.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Ernie, I’m not playing this game. You can …..blah, blah

What do you always do that Cougar, ie, make a point of saying that you don’t want “a pissing contest” or whatever, quickly followed up with a little dig at me ?

If you don’t want to argue with me, or me with you, then don’t say anything. Simple really.

Junkyard – fair enough. I was unaware that TJ had done something unmentionable which had resulted in him irreparably burning his bridges.

As far as I was aware the last thing he had done with regards to his final departure from STW was to argue with THM, hardly the crime of the century.

If he’s done something more appalling than that I’m impressed 🙂

Cougar

What do you always do that Cougar, ie, make a point of saying that you don’t want “a pissing contest” or whatever, quickly followed up with a little dig at me ?

If you don’t want to argue with me, or me with you, then don’t say anything. Simple really.

I could just ignore you if that’s what you’d prefer, or not put the record straight about contentious issues, but that’s Ye Olde Moderatione Policie and I’m trying in my small way to change the face of that. Believe me, not bothering would be a lot easier.

I don’t mean to pick on you personally and I’m genuinely sorry if it comes across that way. But you do seem to me to be particularly keen to deconstruct what people say at the expense of what they actually meant, and I’m sorry but I’m always going to call you out if you do it to me. Apologies if I’ve completely misunderstood you, but that’s how you’re coming across.

I’m deliriously happy to enter into a discussion, a debate even, as far as I’m able to within the bounds of the millstone that is being a Moderator on STW; however, I’m loathe to be baited into an argument, life’s too short.

kcal
Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘The "Edinburgh Defence"’ is closed to new replies.