• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The economy….
  • oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Looking at the Tory candidates talking bollocks the real question is how do we actually turn this brexit driven shit show around?

I can’t actually see a solution….

Discuss.

scotroutes

Do we need another thread on this?

molgrips
    Free Member

We have a labour shortage post-Brexit. That means that there’s not enough people to fill the jobs that companies want doing. There are three solutions to this:

1. Get more people – that can only happen if we re-join the single market.

2. Reduce the number of jobs – that’s the same as a shrinking of the economy.

3. Automate loads of things. That requires a lot of investment, and that won’t happen currently unless companies feel secure. Security in the face of point 2 can only happen if the government steps in and creates it. You might have to face some changes though, for example lots of drone deliveries for your online orders, or fully automated fast food restaurants. Those things exist already but require investment.

the-muffin-man

I’m busier than I’ve been in years – but as a one-man-band print shop I’m hardly representative! 🙂

I do think there’s a lot of talking down going on though as most folk I talk to are busy. But like me most of those are small/very small businesses.

chewkw
    Free Member

The elephant is in the room.

No govt will be able to improve the economy with the current sanctions against Russia.

To quote President Rodrigo Duterte “Nobody but nobody …” LOL!

Walang kinabukasan!

rone

We’ve got to start again unfortunately.

From the bottom up. Figure out the priorities. Climate etc.

As per Dazh + Job Guarantee.

The money is there – the right things have got to be resourced though.

Stop paying lip-service to the finance sector. They generate for themselves at great expense to the real economy in terms of stability and job-destruction.

Good luck with it though – no one really wants the change it appears.

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s ****, basically. Too much wealth concentrated at the top with no political will or balls to just tax the greedy **** back down to earth or increase the minimum wage to a point people can live (not just survive) on it without needing top ups from the government.

Drac
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The economy….’ is closed to new replies.