Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The E bike that rides on water.
  • Poopscoop
    eddiebaby
    Free Member

Perfect for the ebike crowd, just a little bit of pedalling and unlikely to ever go up hill. And tubbies float better don’t they?

Twodogs

Might be interesting in surf!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Do you reckon the guys who used the original Manta with no motor are moaning about the new one on a forum somewhere?

Twodogs

Do you reckon the guys who used the original Manta with no motor are moaning about the new one on a forum somewhere?

😂

kayak23

I bet they don’t even pay water rates! 😠

matt_outandabout

That’s some niche product right there.

tinribz
    Free Member

This one looks more fun:

philjunior
    Free Member

Actually seems pretty sensible depending on how it’s set up as you need a lot of power to get it out of the water planing, then you can (hopefully) keep it on the plane through human power alone.

I mean, sensible is a relative term for a pedal boat, but if you’re going to have one…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Actually seems pretty sensible depending on how it’s set up as you need a lot of power to get it out of the water planing, then you can (hopefully) keep it on the plane through human power alone.

I mean, sensible is a relative term for a pedal boat, but if you’re going to have one…

I was wondering that, the faster you go, the lower the AOA of the foils and the less drag there is underwater (assuming it’s controlled), so speed/drag might not be so linear. But then the above the water bit has the aerodynamics of a cyclist (somewhat worse than a brick).

Which raises the hypothesis, could you not just stick the “cyclist” in a prone or recumbent position?

Looks a bit Pelet-On-Sea, like those concept automated cars with treadmills.

nedrapier

could you not just stick the “cyclist” in a prone or recumbent position?

Much better idea. Recumbent position, floating hull that planes when you’re up to speed. And a drinks holder.

nikkiss
    Free Member

soon they are gonna fly as well!

bigwill
    Free Member

460w… it’s not a ebike it’s a moped.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The E bike that rides on water.’ is closed to new replies.