Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The downside of dealing with Bike Discount – warranty woes…
  • butterbean
    Free Member

About 2 months ago I bought a KS Lev from Bike Discount. Sadly from the off it was crap.

Out of the box it had a fair amount of play, both side to side and forward & backwards. Bit of time on Google suggested this isn’t considered ‘normal’ and they should be comparable to my Reverb (next to none).

So, back it goes, wait 6 weeks as it has to go back to the distributor etc & it arrives back this morning. Chuck it back on the bike just to check it before I faff around with internal cables etc, and yes, it’s still got both…

Read through the paperwork & enlist the help of Google Translate as the response from the German distributor is with it. The Gerglish result is they deem it to be ‘prefect’. Great. This thing has so much play I can actually feel it wobbling around when i’m sat on the saddle 🙄

Fed up with it, should have stuck with the Reverb & accepted the cable loop. Question is, they deem it acceptable, it’s clearly not – how do I proceed from here? Plus the added fun and games of the language barrier….

The lesson learnt is maybe stick to inanimate objects when buying from abroad where a warranty requirement is likely. At least the Reverb has it nailed with the RS support if needed.

sbob
    Free Member

Speak to KS Suspension directly and ask them what amount of play they deem acceptable; get an absolute numerical figure.
    Then explain your problem.
    Then go back to bike discount.

I can foresee two outcomes:
    1) You get a replacement from either KS or BD.
    2) KS lose all their business for supplying acceptably sloppy seatposts.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If it were me, and it could be as I have one under the tree from them, I’d either buy the bits to fix it if I could or send it back to ks in the states.

MarkN
    Free Member

Hey sorry to hear of your woes. I did similar and bought from Bike Discount but all has been well so far, 4 months or so.

+1 what Sbob said, go direct to KS.

Edit: check what the warranty & returns terms are. I seem to recall that they are better than what you would get in the UK.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘The downside of dealing with Bike Discount – warranty woes…’ is closed to new replies.