• This topic has 105 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • The Dark side who’s in & who’s out?
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member
    Cheeze…

KKF; could you not afford a nice bike, then???

I know its even got suspension FFS!!!

ski
    Free Member

As a new owner of a second hand Kafenback, its the closest I have ever got to owning a road bike, I must admit I am loving the speed.

GJP
    Free Member

Guilty as charged over here – its a fair cop.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Another one in the Litespeed club here (though not quite so grand as KKF!). I’ve pared my bikes down to the “bare minimum” – ti road bike, ti singlespeed MTB and a proper FS MTB. Well, when I say ‘bare minimum’ I mean, what I can easily fit in the garage, yet still not justify to the missus.

Anyway – the road bike stays, whatever else chops and changes, so firmly batting uphill here…

firestarter
    Free Member

you gotta be gary p with that collection lol

grumm
    Free Member

Got this a few months ago but I think I am gonna swap the frame for something a bit less racy – lovely bike though. Ride it to work most days. Its now got a white saddle and bar tape though, plus blue wheels.

peteimpreza

Closest picture to mine I could find.

Mine has the Cannondale BB30 carbon compact cranks, Selle Italia SLR saddle and Mavic Kysrium Elite wheels.

A truly superb bike.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Here’s my race bike (BMC Pro Machine). Also have a PX carbon superlight pro for commuting and winter riding.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

balls, that didn’t work! It’s nice though, but probably too big to picture-ise as it’s the only photo I took of it thus far. Here’s a link:

my BMC

justa
    Free Member

GJP – love the parquet flooring !

oh and the bikes ain’t bad..

theboatman
    Free Member

and I ride to work on a cheaper one everyday 😀

twohats
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Naa, I’m sorry (not really) but there’s something I don’t ‘get’ about road bikes. Maybe it’s because I grew up with trials motorbikes, I dunno but….naa.

theboatman
    Free Member

nice roadster 2hats, i just think they are a purposeful looking bike.

aw
    Free Member

commuting and training it is ace!

Philby

Did a quite bit last year on a mate’s second bike – a LeMond – and really enjoyed it, amazing sense of speed and freedom, and I am definitely in the process of stepping over to the darkside.

I’m now going through the incredibly difficult decision-making process of what to buy – aluminium, alu-carbon, or carbon – campag, shimano or sram, sportive / compact or racing, via LBS or on-line. It makes buying a mountain bike seem incredibly easy! Hopefully the credit crunch may encourage LBSs to be a little more flexible on their prices, especially after the price increases on many 2009 models.

oink1
    Free Member

Both ‘Disco Slippers’ firmly in the pool ‘fraid…

😀

sexpest
    Free Member

Sworks Roubaix sl2 saxo bank 8) picked it up at the weekend

rOcKeTdOg

in

carlphillips
    Free Member

road……….<yawn>

im out its just too dull. (and yes i have tried it)

fu_manchu
    Free Member

In, road racer and tester, keep switching sides at the moment but will be back TTing once the season starts.

Surfr
    Free Member

… Dunno what you’re talking about.

In all honesty, it doesn’t get ridden enough. Still TT season soon.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve got a PlanetX superlight carbon & will be out on it tonight again as the local trails will be hub deep in gloop in places.

I don’t ride it as much as the MTBs, but I do like it. It’s impressively quick and weighs stuff all. It’s different, but still enjoyable.

When I do the full commute it’s 35 miles each way – it is therefore the tool of choice for that (but only in nice dry summer days!

domino

I road ride but I dont ride fast enough, far enough or often enough – I prefer the mud and I am inherantly lazy. I do intend to do more this year though.

FOG

My cycling goes back before mountain bikes were invented so I suppose I was originally a roadie but I only did it to keep fit for motor bike enduros. I didn’t really get excited until I could combine riding two wheel vehicles off road and cycling!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Hell yes 🙂 I’m a better rider on the road than I am off road – seem to be able to keep up more.

Dare I admit that currently 99% of my riding is done in my garage though??

samuri
    Free Member

Quite a fan here. Roadbikes are far more addictive than MTB’s for purchasing too. As soon as I ride one I want a better one.

Currently riding this old girl.

duckman

Started last year as a commute and loved it.Work now into cyclescheme and it will be roadie not mtb kit getting bought.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yep I’m in, have been for about 4 years now. Shortage of long local trails means my routes are a mix of road/off road so a cx bike made sense. The I enjoyed the road bits so much I bought a road bike. I really love it, out for a couple of hours means you can actually go a fair distance and see interesting countryside. I also commute on the road.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Another one of my “darkside” machines, I have cropped the pic as you dont want to see my ugly mug.

Elbows

It’s too dangerous, I’ve been MTBing for 15 years with minor injuries, bought a road bike, got knocked off on the second ride and smashed my left elbow into 5 pieces and fractured my right wrist! This following a 2 week XC/DH holiday in Zermatt with barely a scratch.

I’ve got some interesting xrays for a ‘show me yours’ link.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s too dangerous, I’ve been MTBing for 15 years with minor injuries

I’ve been riding on the road for 4 years with no injuries.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

KKF, shame about that first bike; hasn’t even got disc-brakes… 🙁

I’m not a roadie, but I have to say, cruising along at 20+mph, and breezing past others who are struggling on mtbs/hybrids etc, is quite fun. Speshly when you realise that someone is keeping up, and you just click up a gear, and effortlessly glide away…

Mind, other people on road bikes can be bloody competitive! I remember having a bit of a (fun) race with a bloke from Tower Bridge to Greenwich. Just beat him, and I had just done 75 miles, but we were going past all the other traffic! Must have only taken us about 10 minutes.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member
    KKF, shame about that first bike; hasn’t even got disc-brakes…

I’m not a roadie, but I have to say, cruising along at 20+mph, and breezing past others who are struggling on mtbs/hybrids etc, is quite fun. Speshly when you realise that someone is keeping up, and you just click up a gear, and effortlessly glide away…

Mind, other people on road bikes can be bloody competitive! I remember having a bit of a (fun) race with a bloke from Tower Bridge to Greenwich. Just beat him, and I had just done 75 miles, but we were going past all the other traffic! Must have only taken us about 10 minutes.

Im not a roadie at heart but after 4 years of racing em, im miles fitter than i was on the MTB. When I do go out on my MTB its good to know you can “work most people over” on it :mrgreen: 😆 :mrgreen: 😆

I just love the speed you can go on the things especially down the mountain passes, but putting the mega hours in on the road can be very dull in the UK.

My best ride ever was the “Transalp Challenge” on my MTB.

Kit
    Free Member

Out – I f-ing hate it!

stever
    Free Member

I like bikes me. All sorts of tyre widths, terrains and handlebars.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i’m in. i love it. hardly been on the mtb for the last year and don’t miss it.

AndyP
    Free Member

‘darkside’ ?

leftyboy
    Free Member

4 days a week = dark side
    2 days a week = non-dark side

AndyP
    Free Member

days riding?
    6 days = dark side + non-dark side?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘The Dark side who’s in & who’s out?’ is closed to new replies.