• This topic has 53 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by derp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • The dangers of the iDave diet
  • sobriety
    Free Member

I forgot to pack my boxers this morning, and now my jeans properly low ride due being a skinny git again, I’m going to find myself in this situation at some point today:

Oh well, Born free, free as the wind blows….

molgrips
    Free Member

I would like to bring to the attention of forum users a terrible plight afflicting some members of society. After irresponsible use of a so-called ‘diet’ these poor afflicted people are finding that many of their once-beloved clothes are now too big. This is a tragedy.

I would now like to appeal to your hearts and ask you all to give generously to help people less fortunate than yourselves. If you can find compassion in your hearts, please click here.

Thank you.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

phil.w
    Free Member

hows the weight loss coming along Molgrips?

molgrips
    Free Member

Bit of a hiccup, went back to 84 the other day but seemingly still losing fat. Can see most of my abs now in the right light and also some big muscle on the top of my thigh, not sure what it’s called but you see it in skinny athletes and cyclists. Also my upper arms and shoulders look much better 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How are you getting on with the KB’s?

My gym have added 20kg one’s… this pleases me.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Bit of a hiccup, went back to 84 the other day but seemingly still losing fat. Can see most of my abs now in the right light and also some big muscle on the top of my thigh, not sure what it’s called but you see it in skinny athletes and cyclists. Also my upper arms and shoulders look much better

How about that picture update you’ve been promising? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I can do 50 or 60 swings with 24kg, it’s great. Still need to work on the get-ups tho.

TD, the picture will come when I’m satisfied with it 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I did 50 yesterday. Reckon I should be able to do 75 next attempt. Stepping up to 16kg for the get ups too… although I’m struggling with a bit of a fecked wrist 🙁

Right, now this isn’t criticism…

Can you give us an evaluation of the iDave diet… we’re a month or so on from when the pictures were promised. Your weight has plateaued and I reckon you could’ve lsot the same weight in the time period with a more conventional approach.

trickydisco
    Free Member

TD, the picture will come when I’m satisfied with it I’ve fired up photoshop

alcolepone
    Free Member

is there a vegi diet plan version?

iDave
    Free Member

As a little experiment I had 2 weeks of more ‘normal’ eating, no holding back on carbs was the main change, I was quite active, did mayhem, rode my bike a lot, and put on 2.5kg

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon you could’ve lsot the same weight in the time period with a more conventional approach

My experience says otherwise!

My weight plateaued I think because I couldn’t stick to it well enough any more. Kept on bingeing. The problem was not enough calories from the right things, and possibly a bit of illness. Now I’ve really focused on eating legumes and I feel tons better and started to lose again. I’ve already said what I’d say in any evaluation – it’s far far easier than restricting calories, and more effective. It just takes a bit of creativity and, to be fair, more cooking and washing up 🙂

is there a vegi diet plan version?

It’s all vegi – just cut out the meat. All the staples of the diet are also staples of veggie diets.

phil.w
    Free Member

the picture will come when I’m satisfied with it

even if you droped to 70kg I have a feeling you wouldn’t be satisfied. maybe Mrs.Grips should be the judge as Yeti wants to see you naked we want to see the results.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cool. I was thinking that ‘slipping’ on your part would be the other explanation… but then… could you have found it easier to stick to a different diet?

iDave seems to have far less difficulties dipping in and out.

Spud

I’ve gone a bit hybrid and have put 1.5 lb back on. Must re-focus… and do some bloody exercise…

sobriety
    Free Member

iDave seems to have far less difficulties dipping in and out.

I’ve found that when I stop doing it for a few days I feel sluggish and generally crap, which makes me actually want to go back to it.

iDave
    Free Member

I hated my 2 week experiment – felt like shit – but it was useful as it confirmed to me that it’s a better way to eat

molgrips
    Free Member

Cool. I was thinking that ‘slipping’ on your part would be the other explanation… but then… could you have found it easier to stick to a different diet?

Well I’ve told you many times before about previous efforts. I cut back hugely and did only base miles, and went down to 83 for about two weeks then when I started speed work I went to 84 and stayed there. Then over what, four years I went up to 94 whilst trying to restrict and ride the whole time.

So I’ll say no, it’s not easier to stick to calorie restriction. Insulin makes your body use up carbs and lay down fat. So if you don’t follow at least some iDave/low GI/low insulinaemic principles you’re really fighting your body much harder to get it to burn up fat.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My questions are out of genuine interest.

I’m sticking at around 12 stone at the moment but definitely getting leaner, waist at last measurement was 31″.
    My diet is low GI… most of the time… but contains large amounts of ‘banned’ foods. I guess my default choices are more inline with the plan now than they used to be.

molgrips
    Free Member

Stop fannying around and try it. What’ve you got to lose apart from body fat? 🙂

However if you are already at 10% then there’s no point.

Give iDave some money and I’m sure he’ll let some more secrets out.

iDave
    Free Member

TSY – if you’re at 10% you need a different plan to drop further, if you really feel that you need to

trickydisco
    Free Member

Can we have a premier idave subscription 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nah, I don’t think I need to TBH. Must get my b’fat % measured, but I’m guessing there is very little to lose.

I’m just interested in nutrition etc.

I enjoy beer enough to not be suitable for it, and probably exercise enough to not need it.

I still promote it to loads of people though 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

Below 10%> Is it the PAAG method idave? (well i say method but more supplements)

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m stil enjoying the diet and am now down 12kg, I am happy to stick with eating this way in the long term but the rest of the family are not convinced and they are all stick thin so I think we’ll be doing compromise meals for some time to come.

Marmotte on Saturday and I can’t decide which day (if any) to take as binge day. This week I just had one binge meal and that helped the weight loss no end.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Go on then, in the spirit of “nothing to loose but body fat”, where do I find the details? I’d like to take a look and see if there’s a realistic chance of feeding the family on it without risking mutiny.

Searched, found a couple of threads but no guidlines/content.

disco_stu
    Free Member

I’ve managed to drop from 82kg to 75kg in the past two months, I don’t stick to the diet 100% of the time – I still have milk in tea and coffee + the odd bit of cheese on the omlettes and have 2 binge days a week at the weekend.
    Previous to going on the diet I was cycling 400km a month and I wasn’t loosing any weight so I’d say give it a go at least for a few weeks

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cheers Molgrips,
    can’t get at Google docs from here but will check it out tonight from home. Ta

allthepies
    Free Member

87.7kg seven weeks ago, 81.7kg this morning 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

The only dangers I can think of are the epic, weapons-grade dumps

Solo
    Free Member

***resists comments about exchanging money for information***

Mintyjim

Please can someone email me this diet?! Thanks!

Can I still drink booze?

molgrips
    Free Member

The link is just above on this very page!

Mintyjim

where?? I can’t see any link?

oops, sorry, just seen it! Thanks!

Solo
    Free Member

Can I still drink booze

Yes. On your day off.

For the other 6 days, red wine with your evening meal.

Q
    Is there a threshold at which said insulin repsonse is triggered. ie, minimum level of sugar in the blood ?.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t think so, it’s proportional I expect. But if you have a little bit of sugar, you get a little bit of insulin and then a little bit of its effect.

Your body needs a stable amount of sugar in your blood – your pancreas works to keep it at a certain level by means of insulin. Your brain does not like too much or too little sugar in your blood.

Solo
    Free Member

So, the insulin is always prescent in the blood, just at varying levels ?.

When BSL is low, insulin is also very low, or none in the blood at all ?.

molgrips
    Free Member

Er.. dunno if it’s always there…

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘The dangers of the iDave diet’ is closed to new replies.