Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • The current "Summer was that it?" poll!
  • shortcut

What is the deal? It is great out there today and has been all week. And most weeks between May and now.

Some people do moan a lot. Best summer in years! 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

Are you talking about this years summer? I can hardly remember it. This years winter hasn't been too bad though.

shortcut

Yeah – this summer. The one you get if you walk out of the office right now. Think it is somewhere between 23 and 27 degrees with some light cloud cover, grass dying from not being watered! Trails are pretty dry too!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Err – Shortcut – do you live in London/home counties?

RealMan
    Free Member

Go outside? I'll have to dig out my overshoes, hold on.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Been pretty awful here (Cornwall) since early July. For the fourth year in a row.

Dammit.

D0NK

do you live in the south east?

foxyrider
    Free Member

There are other areas of the country than London and it suburbs? 🙄

orena45

Yep, can confirm…Cornwall has had sh!tty weather for a couple of weeks now. Warm enough but wet and windy.

Shackleton

Full on gipping for the last week and a half in the north east. Dry trails are a distant memory! Overcast, monsoon style rain 3 times a day, occasional sun, muggy and often extremely windy. Not exactly what I thought July weather would bring.

April/May/June however were pretty nice.

As many have said and implied the OP would appear to be in the home counties (or south at any rate) and has forgetten that the rest of the country exists. 😐

EDIT: or is a gloating troll.

Onzadog
    Free Member

foxy, tread carefully. You'll burst some seriously big bubble telling them that!

rudedog
    Free Member

its been a bit crappy in Dumfries and Galloway for the last 3-4 weeks too. Lots of rain, not much sun but fairly warm.

DT78
    Free Member

Been lovely on the south coast imo.

I've never been out on the bike so much. I even went out especially because it rained a little the other day as I missed a bit of mud.

I even had to call the fire brigade to put out a forest fire….!

jay_tht
    Free Member

Nice and dry here..

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I can't wait for summer. Bring on the 40c!!! It's **** freezing here atm. Down to 3 or 4 at night and only nudging 20c in the daytime. Brr!!!

Mind, we still have a sprinkler ban on and it's winter.

Love from Australia. 😉

Andituk
    Free Member

I'm just looking up plans for build-your-own ark kits. It's hammering it down. It's rained everyday for about the past month. And guess whos got a hosepipe ban..

lowey

United Utilities put a hosepipe ban into place for the the North West on the 2nd July.

Its pissed down every day since here.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Dorset is still enjoying the beautiful weather that befits a beautiful county. Gorgeous outside my office in Bournemouth and has been all day, and yesterday, the day before that, all of last week etc etc etc

donsimon
    Free Member

Bring on the 40c!!! It's **** freezing here atm.

Looks like we've got your 40ºC, when do you want it back? Nice and breezy 30ºC at 1,100m, see if I can get for a ride later. 😆

grumm
    Free Member

United Utilities put a hosepipe ban into place for the the North West on the 2nd July.

Its pissed down every day since here.

Yup. Still, at least we don't have to live down south where the only thing we've got to crow about is the weather eh?

WackoAK
    Free Member

Some people do moan a lot.

Some people have no idea what is going on outside their own blinkered little bubble..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I concur with Shortcut.

In fact, I'm hoping the forcast rain for Thu/Fri really does happen becasue the trails round here will be better for it. Right now there's 2-3in of powder dust in places and it needs damping down and firming up for Saturday's ride. 8)

devs
    Free Member

22 deg sunny and muggy as hell here in Moray. hammered down yesterday and a couple of other days but that's been it since Apr really. I shall go and see if the trails are still dry later. I suspect they will be.

D0NK

I'm hoping the recent weather hasn't wrecked the trails which were tiptop a couple weeks ago. I was going to go riding tonight to check but as there's a metric shedload of rain forecast I may not. Don't mind a bit of wet but monsoon is not my style.

molgrips
    Free Member

Good weather is coming back soon for most of Southern Britain, according to the long range. Scotland is SOL though.

ourmaninthenorth

Still raining in Manchester. Rather lighter than the stair rods that were coming down earlier.

I'm pleased the most (self)important part of the country is enjoying itself. Because by christ we'd know about it if you weren't…

🙄

lowey

Don't mind a bit of wet but monsoon is not my style.

Take your asda bag, you;ll be reet 😆

soobalias
    Free Member

loving it.

tan coming along nicely, trails that were dusty have been damped by more than one light shower (overnight)

still the schools break this week so six weeks of rain is due.

apologies to my norvern friends, you are welcome to visit the flatlands* whenever you want tho

*traffic, traffic, traffic & £3.50/pint.

trout
    Free Member

Summer Pah

been like this for the last hour and now settled down to a stead rain oop in West Yorkshire

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Been lucky on the road back and front with shoddy weather in the place I leave till now.

Its ok, bit of rain but not brillaint, heard it was better than last year when it rained but I was in mainland Europe where it was cooking.

At least we don't have dangerous spiders or large cases of malaria or horrid droughts.

Be thankful we have a mix but I do hate winter!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It's been very cold this winter, but now here in the South, it's been warm and sunny (mostly) for weeks now. Had a football game last night in the park, nearly choked on the dust. Could do with a little bit of rain (late at night) to dampen things down a bit really. Not during the day though. Too many healthy young things out and about being healthy.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member

I'm pleased the most (self)important part of the country is enjoying itself. Because by christ we'd know about it if you weren't…

Moaning about a lack of moaning…Northerners, hey? 😯

devs
    Free Member

Wish I'd shut up! Every time I say how nice it is it pishes down. Still they are only showers and it's dry again now! Best I dig out ma jacket for tonight's ride. I honestly don't know where it is it has been that long!

devs
    Free Member

Me and my big mouth. "Summer" appears to have caught up with us proper now. Ok, so the ground and plants needed it, can we have less of the waterworld impressions now please!

Archaic
    Free Member

I went out for a ride in Dronfield last night and the ground was waterlogged in places. Still was fun to get out in the woods as only recently moved to the area.

tonyg2003

This year there seems to be a massive south east – rest of country divide weather divide. In surrey we haven't seen any mud (even infamous spots like yogurt pots) for about 2 months. Trails are dust bowls. Everywhere is baked completely dry. The rest of the country seems to be having a standard british summer. Riding in Wales a lot it seems about normal for this time of year?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've been riding and walking on the Quantocks for over 25 years and never known it as dry as it has been this year, the weather can't have been too bad.

shortcut

I went out and re-tested yesterday.

Yes – still nice and dry! Quite dusty. 😆

It is however worth remembering we don't have proper hills or trails, our beer is expensive, there is too much traffic and the people are all horrible without exception! So we are definately suffering for our good weather.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I wish it would rain here so I didn't have to water the garden all the time. Looks like it might be a bit cooler today at 25C, which is nice…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes, I tested it again last night too. Waaaaay too much dust in places, and what isn't dust is rock hard. 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘The current "Summer was that it?" poll!’ is closed to new replies.